Page 994 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 494894944984990991992993994995996997998100410441094 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 17378
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Does anyone even have a copy of Annihilation Conquest Omnibus yet?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Mine's on the way, might have it by tomorrow.
    But then again I have a busy Friday so I'm not going to be able to post pics.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

So I know the first page of the thread has released dates for the OHC's and Omnibus' but is there anywhere that lists the upcoming TPB's?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I just bought the Alias Omni, thanks for the heads up!
    same here. better to be safe and get it now before it goes oop

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    same here. better to be safe and get it now before it goes oop
    Not only that, it's just damn good reading. You won't regret buying it.

This probably won't be a popular opinion here, but here goes: I just finished the Guardians of the Galaxy OHC Vol. 1 and I thought it was great!

I like Bendis for the most part although I lost interest in his X-Men titles fast and dropped them.
    I know nothing about the Guardians other than the movie and the Annihilation omnibus that came out. From what I understand Bendis either changed or ignored continuity in some cases, so I might be upset if I was familiar with past appearances.
    I think Iron Man's appearances early on were done to sell books because - as someone else said pages and pages ago - he didn't really offer much (although there were some moments).
    I'm going to pick up Vol. 2 when it comes out.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This probably won't be a popular opinion here, but here goes: I just finished the Guardians of the Galaxy OHC Vol. 1 and I thought it was great!

I like Bendis for the most part although I lost interest in his X-Men titles fast and dropped them.
    I know nothing about the Guardians other than the movie and the Annihilation omnibus that came out. From what I understand Bendis either changed or ignored continuity in some cases, so I might be upset if I was familiar with past appearances.
    I think Iron Man's appearances early on were done to sell books because - as someone else said pages and pages ago - he didn't really offer much (although there were some moments).
    For me, I enjoyed it as a piece of Bendis work; the guy writes a decent story most of the time and it's a very easy read. Plus good art.

But as those characters, it suffers from typical Bendis work in that anyone could be saying the things those characters are. I dont think he has the 'voice' of those characters down very well, and so, like a lot of New Avengers, everyone just starts sounding the same after a while.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

While not as good as DnA's run I must say I enjoy the hell out of it too. I think Bendis gets a TON of criticism; some deserved some just because it's the cool/popular thing to do. I for one think he does a good job much more than not: Guardians of the Galaxy, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, New Avengers, Uncanny/All-New X-Men, Alias etc. And yes this is my opinion and it may be different than people on this board haha

People criticize how bendis wrote guardians but it's not exactly like the D&A run wasn't full of changes and liberties either. I started enjoying Bendis' run more after Angela joined.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    What are people viewing on crush damage to OHCs?

I just got X-Men Inferno Prologue and the bottom of the book and dust jacket is a bit crushed and smushed, and it's bothering me.

But is it a bit too OCD to complain about the damage? Since it is minor and the book otherwise is fine.

Thoughts?
    It's OK to be OCD here I think?

I had similar situation before with an omnibus purchased from Book Depository and after few emails exchanged with the customer support they gave me 40% discount.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I reflected about it some time ago and I realized I'm a Bendis hater. I've read some of his acclaimed works and some of his more frequently hated works. I liked (not loved) some of his most acclaimed books (I think I like Ultimate Spidey the best followed by Daredevil), find the rest of his acclaimed books average to bad (Torso, Powers, Moon Knight) and just couldn't get into his other works at all (GotG, X-Men, Avengers). And I also found out way. I just can't get into Bendis talk. His plots are usually pretty damn great and he writes some good characters even if he doesn't have a very large range voice-wise but the Bendis talk ruins a lot of epic moments for me. A great example is *minor spoilers for his DD run* spoilers:
    When Matt declares himself Kingpin. It could've been the most epic thing ever (Matt driving Fisk into a bar, so full of rage he doesn't care people see his face and making the people so afraid that they accept the fact he just declared himself kingpin? F@#$ yeah!) But instead of making a angry statement with short sentences full of rage he just bumbles on and on. The moment was still epic but if a writer like Miller or Brubaker would've writren the words it could have been so much more epic
    end of spoilers
    If the plot is so good the dialoque doesn't matter or if the dialoque actually fits (usually the case with Ultimate Spidey) I still enjoy the story but if the plots average or bad in the first place it can ruin the story for me. Of course this my humble opinion and I totally understand it if people aren't as nitpicky as me in this regard but yeah... I don't think I'll pick up a lot of Bendis's other works very soon.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Anyone have an advice for books that are misprinted?

I got X-Men Zero Tolerance and it's backwards, meaning someone put the cover on the wrong way round so when you open the 'front' it's the end of the book and upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I reflected about it some time ago and I realized I'm a Bendis hater. I've read some of his acclaimed works and some of his more frequently hated works. I liked (not loved) some of his most acclaimed books (I think I like Ultimate Spidey the best followed by Daredevil), find the rest of his acclaimed books average to bad (Torso, Powers, Moon Knight) and just couldn't get into his other works at all (GotG, X-Men, Avengers). And I also found out way. I just can't get into Bendis talk. His plots are usually pretty damn great and he writes some good characters even if he doesn't have a very large range voice-wise but the Bendis talk ruins a lot of epic moments for me. A great example is *minor spoilers for his DD run* spoilers:
    When Matt declares himself Kingpin. It could've been the most epic thing ever (Matt driving Fisk into a bar, so full of rage he doesn't care people see his face and making the people so afraid that they accept the fact he just declared himself kingpin? F@#$ yeah!) But instead of making a angry statement with short sentences full of rage he just bumbles on and on. The moment was still epic but if a writer like Miller or Brubaker would've writren the words it could have been so much more epic
    end of spoilers
    If the plot is so good the dialoque doesn't matter or if the dialoque actually fits (usually the case with Ultimate Spidey) I still enjoy the story but if the plots average or bad in the first place it can ruin the story for me. Of course this my humble opinion and I totally understand it if people aren't as nitpicky as me in this regard but yeah... I don't think I'll pick up a lot of Bendis's other works very soon.
    I used to love you, victor. I used to.

It shits on DnA's characterization and stories, but like you said: if you forget about it, it is actually pretty good. Likable characters, quirky dialogue, lots of action and humor, and a killer roster of artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Anyone have an advice for books that are misprinted?

I got X-Men Zero Tolerance and it's backwards, meaning someone put the cover on the wrong way round so when you open the 'front' it's the end of the book and upside down.
    My MK Spider-Man is like that too. As far as what to do? Put the dust jacket on the right way and never take it off, or maybe pay one of those book binding people to fix it.

And on the same note Ijust got Operation Zero Tolerance too. It takes place right after the upcoming Onslaught omni or is there anything missing to bridge the gap?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos