Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm guessing the release of the trade is linked to the return of the ongoing series.
    It's possible, but not necessarily so since another JSA-related collection,

did get released in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's possible, but not necessarily so since another JSA-related collection,

did get released in 2017.
    I only offered this up as a possible reason. I certainly wouldn't bet my own money on it but I wouldn't bet against it either. Wasn't an Earth 2 rebirth comic also listed early and pulled? I wouldn't be surprised if DC was doing a lot of back and forth on their JSA plans over the last few years, even going back to post-Flashpoint plans.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I only offered this up as a possible reason. I certainly wouldn't bet my own money on it but I wouldn't bet against it either. Wasn't an Earth 2 rebirth comic also listed early and pulled? I wouldn't be surprised if DC was doing a lot of back and forth on their JSA plans over the last few years, even going back to post-Flashpoint plans.
    It's one thing if they say they plan to do something and maybe even post an early solicitation and then change their minds. But, to me, the fact they printed the listing in a catalog available through comic book shops, book stores, and other sources, but then didn't follow through, is a tad more serious/bizarre. If there's any question as to whether it would come available or not, then don't print the listing for it in the bloody hard-copy catalog!

That's fair ... I have a similar reaction to comic books written by Tom King.
    Also fair as are all reactions to all forms of art as they are inherently subjective.

I'm not referring to the supposed to 2017 series; I'm referring to the catalog DC puts out every year of their "Essential Graphic Novels" which did list this particular tpb collection as supposedly available in 2017.

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...ic-novels-2017
    And, by the way, there's a listing for
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Paroback
    in the "DC Essential Graphic Novels" catalog for 2018, though this listing has a price of $49.99 and is listed as a hardcover (ISBN 9781401278595).

The date for "In Shops: Jun 27, 2018" still hasn't changed yet for the Previewsworld listing, but still no cover image, . . .
    We're getting closer to June 27th, but nothing has changed for that Previewsworld listing.

Sometime during May (or maybe just today?) the date on the Previewsworld listing has been bumped out once again.
    Now it's "In Shops: Dec 26, 2018", and there's still no cover image.

Still not finding anything further about this anywhere.

Only thing Amazon in the U.S. has is:
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series
    by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck
    Hardcover – January 1, 2035

Incredible Member

It would be nice if someone at DC would make a comment on this product. Delayed? Cancelled? Just the Parobeck series? The prior 8 issue limited series? Both in one volume? Two single tpb volumes? WHAT THE HE K IS GOING ON????????

And, by the way, there's a listing for
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Paroback
    in the "DC Essential Graphic Novels" catalog for 2018, though this listing has a price of $49.99 and is listed as a hardcover (ISBN 9781401278595).
    Having picked up full collections of each Parobeck run at my LCS for about $4 each ($4 per full series) I'm here to tell you that those runs were anything but "essential." And I want my (very little) money back because they're just taking up space. I couldn't even force myself to finish them. I have never read a more cookie-cutter JSA in my life, including the earliest tales. At least those old comics had the excuse of being for children. I don't know who Parobeck was writing for. No excuse for such unremarkable writing in a modern comic book.

Last Days was worth a read as were all 1970s/80s JSA and JSA-related series' apart from Parobeck's. It is literally the pinnacle of unremarkable writing.

@MajorHoy...

I'm bad at using snail mail but if you want the original floppies and not just a new collection, PM me your snail mail address and I will ship them to you no cost. As I said, they're only taking up space here and it sounds like you'd really enjoy having them. I'd be happy to pay for the shipping just to do a great poster a solid.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    @MajorHoy...

I'm bad at using snail mail but if you want the original floppies and not just a new collection, PM me your snail mail address and I will ship them to you no cost. As I said, they're only taking up space here and it sounds like you'd really enjoy having them. I'd be happy to pay for the shipping just to do a great poster a solid.
    I already own them (bought them when they originally came out all those years ago).
    My main concern is with DC constantly delaying this, and whether it means DC will also delay the "return" of the JSA itself (and what exactly will be returning).

It's all about DC continually disrespecting their original superhero team and its members.

Sometime during May (or maybe just today?) the date on the Previewsworld listing has been bumped out once again.
    Now it's "In Shops: Dec 26, 2018", and there's still no cover image.
    Nothing new /additional yet.

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA THE COMPLETE 1992 SERIES TP
    MAY168478

In Shops: Dec 26, 2018

SRP: $19.99

And now that Previewsworld link shows:
    Item Not Found

So who knows if / when DC may ever get around to issuing this!

(To me it's just a truly sad commentary on how DC is handling such a classic property!
    I don't know if they've just decided it's not worth printing, or they're rethinking when / how they may ever collect this series. But it really worries me as to what DC/DiDio may ever do with the JSA in the future.)

Has anybody heard anything further on if/when DC may finally release it?

Does anybody know if there's even a listing for it in the "DC Essential Graphic Novels" catalog for 2019?