Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rex Tillerson Warns Grads Of Living In ‘Alternative Realities’

Gee, wonder who he’s talking about. Who indeed! Cheeto Jesus perhaps?

In Senate Hot Seat, Scott Pruitt Dodges Questions Over Mounting Scandals

The EPA chief’s ego and lavish spending have made him and the agency “a laughingstock,” said Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.). Can't argue that. Not at all.

Pennsylvania’s Congressional Delegation Will No Longer Be All Men

It looks like at least one woman will be heading to Washington from the state. it's about damn time!

Jared Kushner Was ‘Agitated, Infuriated’ At Meeting With Russians Focused On Adoptions

Jared Kushner was apparently not pleased when he attended a 2016 Trump Tower meeting that he expected would provide dirt on then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, according to recently released interviews with the man who arranged the meeting.

Members of Donald Trump Sr.’s presidential campaign at the June 2016 meeting in New York City ― including Donald Trump Jr. and Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s husband and now a senior White House official ― expected damning evidence from Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya against Clinton, according to thousands of pages of interview transcripts released by the Senate judiciary committee on Wednesday.

Rob Goldstone, a British music publicist who arranged the meeting, told the committee he was expecting a “smoking gun” from Veselnitskaya on Clinton. When he emailed Trump Jr. about the possibility, he replied, “if it’s what you say I love it.”

But when that did not materialize, it left the members of the Trump team upset, particularly Kushner. Veselnitskaya ― who has said she is a Kremlin “informant” ― started instead talking about U.S. sanctions against her country and a retaliatory ban on U.S. adoptions of Russian children.

“Jared Kushner, who is sitting next to me, appeared somewhat agitated by this and said, ‘I really have no idea what you’re talking about, could you please focus a bit more and maybe just start again?’” Goldstone told the committee members.
    Meanwhile....

Trump Jr. Left Open Possibility That Dad Knew Of Trump Tower Meeting At The Time

Senate transcripts reveal the president’s son only half-backed White House claims that the president didn’t know. Looks like that half-baked half-wit may have fumbled the ball.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You don't even know what you're talking about. He was sentenced for a reason, even if he got off incredibly lightly

And yes, it's an execution when the militant is laying on the ground and you kill him.

But we know, the Most Moral Army would never, ever have something like this happen. This is the same sort of attitude that let things like the incident on hill 192, upon which Casualties of War was based, to go on with the American military as well. It's an inevitable consequence but one that's often excused or justified by people.
    I was responding to your initial post before you edited it to go specifically into that case. The guy was disciplined. Quite the contrary of what Palestinian leadership does when one of theirs kills a Jew. And let’s not forget that the guy who was killed stabbed an Israeli soldier with his friend. He was no innocent.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

You obviously knew the event I was speaking about, judging by your response, as you mentioned 'stabbing' and still defended it. My post was already an obvious reference to a specific incident.

And he was disciplined with nine months in prison. You /know/ the casual way in which it was done and the light sentence is simple further enablement of casual brutality and an obvious example of it This shit happens in war. It /always/ happens in war. It always is.

And don't deflect to what extremists do. Israel is an occupying force and rightly held to a different standard. The question we have to ask ourselves is how much we don't see and how much some people don't want to see.

But this will just be another in a long list of points you'll ignore.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-17-2018 at 02:49 AM.

I did not know when I was reading it because stabbing are so common with Palestinian terrorists. You edited it to add more. And “occupation?” Give me a break. Israel has claim to the land. Not a nationality coined by terrorist Yasser Arafat. As I said before, where do you think the word “Judaism” comes from?

Ultimate Member

Some people are so stupid.

The guy is talking to workers and saying he's paying for their welfare.

That's the thing about bigotry, it's inherently stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I did not know when I was reading it because stabbing are so common with Palestinian terrorists. You edited it to add more. And “occupation?” Give me a break. Israel has claim to the land. Not a nationality coined by terrorist Yasser Arafat. As I said before, where do you think the word “Judaism” comes from?
    So, in your view, what should be done to the people in the Not So Occupied territories?

So, in your view, what should be done to the people in the Not So Occupied territories?
    I don’t know. There are plenty of Muslim countries, but none of them want them because they’re one of the most radical populations in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don’t know. There are plenty of Muslim countries, but none of them want them because they’re one of the most radical populations in the Middle East.
    But your basic assumption is that they should leave for one of the other Muslim countries?

But your basic assumption is that they should leave for one of the other Muslim countries?
    There’s no reason to argue one way or another when it’s a non-starter. Palestinian parents and schools should stop teaching their kids to hate Jews as their leaders should stop paying families of terrorists and rewarding people who antagonize IDF officers. Then we may get somewhere.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 05-17-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    They were doing their job and their mission. They've defended Christians rights to not be in science class during evolution talk. They're job is to defend civil liberties, and even if they disagree with the message that the f****** in Charlottesville were spewing, they were in the right to side with them because of the fact that it is their right to protest as they were doing. Now does that mean that there shouldn't be consequences for it. No, absolutely not, but Civil liberties include the liberties of those that are just play ignorant people. If they didn't side with them and side with the fact that they did all their paperwork and were following the law in regard to their right to march, then I would say they are being hypocritical.

And yes I am defending the ACLU here because there could come a point when you'll need them to back you up too.
    Oh, I know, I was defending the ACLU too. JBat said the world will await the ACLU and media to go berserk...alluding to a double standard on the part of the ACLU, since the person in question was a Trump supporter. I was just pointing out that the ACLU doesn't pick and choose sides based on political opinion.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Now you can be stopped for Walking Your Child While Black:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/bla...man-baby-park/
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Some people are so stupid.

The guy is talking to workers and saying he's paying for their welfare.

That's the thing about bigotry, it's inherently stupid.
    Check out his website. The first thing I noticed was them advertising they speak Spanish.

IT'S A TRAP!
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So the racist lawyer basically is now getting paid back as he was identified by the NY Daily News. His law firm is being pummeled online by Yelp with the service finally stepping in to clean up the page as folks have left comments like "vile racist". Also to the shock of no one he donated $500 to Donald Trump's campaign.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/raci...lp-bombed.html
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Now you can be stopped for Walking Your Child While Black:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/bla...man-baby-park/
    I read it and from the account the interaction between the father and the security officer was nice enough. This highlights a problem for police and those in related fields. If they receive a complaint, they have no way to determine if it is legit or not until they check it out. Which coudl lead to problems.

Reminds me of the stories of families being SWATted, having the police called on them for a false reason.

Bottom line, unless these people 'almost all White and almost all Trump supporters' receive punishment for making false calls to the police, this isn't going to stop anytime soon.

It has to be made illegal to call the police on someone just because of race or other related reasons, and the law has to be enforced.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I read it and from the account the interaction between the father and the security officer was nice enough. This highlights a problem for police and those in related fields. If they receive a complaint, they have no way to determine if it is legit or not until they check it out. Which coudl lead to problems.

Reminds me of the stories of families being SWATted, having the police called on them for a false reason.

Bottom line, unless these people 'almost all White and almost all Trump supporters' receive punishment for making false calls to the police, this isn't going to stop anytime soon.

It has to be made illegal to call the police on someone just because of race or other related reasons, and the law has to be enforced.
    Agreed until they start feeling real consequences of these false, racist based calls they will keep happening. I have said before i realize that it might be hard for the police to "prove or determine racist intent or whatever. And there may not currently be laws supporting charging people for reporting things that turn out to be nothing.

That's why for now I am all for these racists being publicly shamed and ridiculed on social media. Even to the extent of them being personally identified and their business etc receiving complaints. As long as its all safe and legal, no death threats etc. At least that is some form of punishment and consequence. If other potential racists with a quick 911 trigger finger think twice about doing it because they have seen these others get dragged on social media and complaints to their employers I am all for it.

The public pressure on cops to be cautious and respond in an appropriate way, when they get one of these complaints is also a good thing.