Page 89 of 176 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2628

Something I've observed is that adult fans are the ones have this hang up about Peter being old. Kids don't seem to have much of an issue with characters being older than them. I sure wasn't bothered by Peter's age as a kid and I must have been eight or so when I was introduced to Spider-Man through the 90s cartoon re runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Something I've observed is that adult fans are the ones have this hang up about Peter being old. Kids don't seem to have much of an issue with characters being older than them. I sure wasn't bothered by Peter's age as a kid and I must have been eight or so when I was introduced to Spider-Man through the 90s cartoon re runs.
    I have to agree with this, old-young, I didn't really care as a kid. I read him as an adult in the main books, and him as a teenager in the Ultimate books and I just liked reading Peter's adventures and looked up to him as a role model.

I don't think adult Peter is that old.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Those are part of the problem.
    Could you explain how?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Peter being Mile's mentor hurts both characters.

Is pushes Peter as the old guy making way for a replacement and it takes away Miles learning things on his own.
    Miles is at that point that he has learned most of the basics.Now he needs some training imo.Also being 30 specially with the way he ages is far from old.Batman is like 30 when he started and is fine even though he is just human

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    thats tru I didnt care when i was a kid but I dont think I was supposed to since I was focus on the Spider-man aspect of his life. But now that im more older I do want to care about the Peter aspect of his life but its progresses slowly and that could be a turn off for some
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

This.So many characters started in their late twenties early thirties and are still kicking.Spider-man being old is liked since they write him better(more mature) that way.He is old in comparison but is in no way old.

he is only 29 at most thats not old.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Miles is at that point that he has learned most of the basics.Now he needs some training imo.Also being 30 specially with the way he ages is far from old.Batman is like 30 when he started and is fine even though he is just human
    I say he is pretty much set I mean hes been in more events then Peter when he first started. he already been thru world ending events. What else do you really need as a Marvel Hero if you survived secret wars and participated in Spider-Verse and Spidergeddon

He turns 59 this year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I say he is pretty much set I mean hes been in more events then Peter when he first started. he already been thru world ending events. What else do you really need as a Marvel Hero if you survived secret wars and participated in Spider-Verse and Spidergeddon
    Well he didn't anyone is secret wars.Spider-verse agreed.Spider-geddon was a big mess(giving him(and eddie for that matter) the enigma force is not a good idea as is but they way they do it was horrendeus).Also Peter has been through way more than miles.It's the same thing for our grandparents(when we were kids)like we may have seen more than when they were 17 but they have way more experience in total.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He turns 59 this year.
    I think we are talking about in the MU timeline and not in real time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think we are talking about in the MU timeline and not in real time
    Anyone who's been reading my posts should know my feelings by now about the Marvel timeline.

Honestly, it's the fact that Spidey is such an old character that he acts like an old character despite his physical age. He's seen it all by this point.

As cool as it is in the moment, it's pretty silly that now within the span of just a few years we've had 2 major Spider characters also get the enigma force (yet we had that Captain Universe Spidey in Spider-Verse die just to show us how impressively bad the villains were, and these other times we give the enigma force to other characters to mop the floor with the big bad villains). You get the enigma force, you get the enigma force!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    As cool as it is in the moment, it's pretty silly that now within the span of just a few years we've had 2 major Spider characters also get the enigma force (yet we had that Captain Universe Spidey in Spider-Verse die just to show us how impressively bad the villains were, and these other times we give the enigma force to other characters to mop the floor with the big bad villains). You get the enigma force, you get the enigma force!
    That's hardly exclusive to Spider-Man. Marvel nowadays seems to be that RPG campaign where everyone starts metagaming.