Page 88 of 269 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4021
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I really wish people would stop using the skinny-argument as an excuse to dislike the choice. Because it just completely neglects the option of Gadot putting on weight and gaining mass by the time the movie actually starts shooting along with all the CGI tricks they can pull off in post-production.
    It's like saying in 2004 that Bale would be too skinny to play Batman based on how how he looked for the Machinist.
    She wasn't remotely unhealthy skinny at the time she got the part, anyway.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I think you are using a strawman or perhaps an extreme argument that most of us aren't asking for. I think many of us want a look for Wonder Woman that might be close to a Ms. Fitness physique. This is hardly a bodybuilder physique. I wouldn't want Wonder Woman to look like a female body builder. But the look of a fitness contestant or better yet, the ones that are in the bikini fitness class. They have muscle, yet not overly large and definitely wouldn't hamper them fighting wise. But why can Superman have the huge muscles and yet we don't complain and say those big muscles of his hamper his fight style?

Some people may not like the look, but let's say a physique approaching what Gina Carano sports. I think that is what many of us could have hope for. Or a physique like Jessica Biel. Not bodybuilder big.
    I was agreeing on the fact Wonder Woman shouldn't be 'fragile', but I was also saying that I personally don't find it that important, and I don't mind Gal Gadot, even if I wouldn't even minded to have someone else more 'fit' for the role.

And I was saying that I don't like a too much muscular Wonder Woman (like the one in the last issues of Sensation Comics, for example), and that I don't think that because of her training she should end up looking like that.

About Superman, that's just what I was saying. You don't expect someone who is called 'Superman' to look fragile. Right or wrong, I think the majority of people consider muscular men 'manly' and attractive. So that, I think, is the reason why no one 'complains'.

But of course realistically that would be a disadvantage, but it just isn't because there's nothing of realistic in that. Both Superman and Wonder Woman have super strength and super speed, and neither of them has them because of their muscles.

Oh...and anyway, Cavill doesn't look overmuscular to me, and he is not as muscular as sometimes in the comic.

Last edited by BlackFeath; 11-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    I was agreeing on the fact Wonder Woman shouldn't be 'fragile', but I was also saying that I personally don't find it that important, and I don't mind Gal Gadot, even if I wouldn't even minded to have someone else more 'fit' for the role.

And I was saying that I don't like a too much muscular Wonder Woman (like the one in the last issues of Sensation Comics, for example), and that I don't think that because of her training she should end up looking like that.

About Superman, that's just what I was saying. You don't expect someone who is called 'Superman' to look fragile. Right or wrong, I think the majority of people consider muscular men 'manly' and attractive. So that, I think, is the reason why no one 'complains'.

But of course realistically that would be a disadvantage, but it just isn't because there's nothing of realistic in that. Both Superman and Wonder Woman have super strength and super speed, and neither of them has them because of their muscles.

Oh...and anyway, Cavill doesn't look overmuscular to me, and he is not as muscular as sometimes in the comic.

Your kidding, right? Henry Cavill got superbuff to play the part. Remember the shirtless scenes in Man of Steel. If there was someone who took the weight training seriously, it was Henry Cavill. He looks buff even underneath the suit/armor he wears.

BANNED

We haven't neglected the option, as you would say. She has supposedly been training for close to a year now, with very little results as reflected in some of her latest photos. These photos show how she went from extremely thin to just thin. She looks more 'normal' now, but still on the Hollywood thin side.

And they have been shooting, so if you think she will somehow magically gain more mass and look ripped, I think you are asking for too much. She is what she is. I think many people, like me, thought the pick was curious from the start seeing how thin she was on initial casting. Why not go for someone more 'normal' in size and have a better chance of getting a more buff/ripped look? I think it's because Synder was looking for a type and had no intention of Gadot ever becoming more than what she is now.
    Well then it's just down what the viewer is expecting Diana to look like. Despite my preference for her looking like the way Chiang made her look tall and broad shouldered (compared to Zola), I can't run away from the fact that Diana has for the majority of her career in comics been depicted with a normal build rather than ribbed, and in the promo image Gadot looks to have reached that point.

And no, I wouldn't expect her to 'magically' look more buff in the screen... because I know they can do that with CGI and other tricks and have been doing so for quite a lot of years now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well then it's just down what the viewer is expecting Diana to look like. Despite my preference for her looking like the way Chiang made her look tall and broad shouldered (compared to Zola), I can't run away from the fact that Diana has for the majority of her career in comics been depicted with a normal build rather than ribbed, and in the promo image Gadot looks to have reached that point.

And no, I wouldn't expect her to 'magically' look more buff in the screen... because I know they can do that with CGI and other tricks and have been doing so for quite a lot of years now.
    Tell me the films in which female leads have had CGI work done on them to look different than what they really are?

Tell me the films in which female leads have had CGI work done on them to look different than what they really are?
    I'm pretty sure it was done in 300 to enhance some cleavage at the very least. May have been done in Sin City as well. It's not unusual for post-production to "touch up" with CGI effects. Not saying that is their plan here, but it would almost be more surprising if they didn't use it to some extent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was done in 300 to enhance some cleavage at the very least. May have been done in Sin City as well. It's not unusual for post-production to "touch up" with CGI effects. Not saying that is their plan here, but it would almost be more surprising if they didn't use it to some extent.
    Lena Heady had her cleavage CGI'd? I realize that they did something with making all the Spartans look like they had 6-pack abs, but you seriously think they CGI'd the cleavage?

And I know Sin City was done all by green screen, but which females did they CGI in there? According to some people, Jessica Alba is the hottest female their ever was and you are saying that they used CGI on her?

Lena Heady had her cleavage CGI'd? I realize that they did something with making all the Spartans look like they had 6-pack abs, but you seriously think they CGI'd the cleavage?

And I know Sin City was done all by green screen, but which females did they CGI in there? According to some people, Jessica Alba is the hottest female their ever was and you are saying that they used CGI on her?
    Have you ever seen some of these people in real life? I promise you they look different. First, no one's skin is ever that smooth or without pours and makeup is only going to do so much. I am not saying they used CGI as a fact, but certainly makeup and other effects were used post-production to enhance these women. I would assume in much the same way a photo shoot for a magazine cover (or Kim Kardashians backside) will be manipulated post-shoot.

Not sure why anyone would be shocked by this since all the men in 300 had CGI touched up abs ... It's practically part of the story!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Have you ever seen some of these people in real life? I promise you they look different. First, no one's skin is ever that smooth or without pours and makeup is only going to do so much. I am not saying they used CGI as a fact, but certainly makeup and other effects were used post-production to enhance these women. I would assume in much the same way a photo shoot for a magazine cover (or Kim Kardashians backside) will be manipulated post-shoot.

Not sure why anyone would be shocked by this since all the men in 300 had CGI touched up abs ... It's practically part of the story!
    I am not shocked that TV and movie stars use makeup to achieve the looks that are shown on the screen. I am asking about using CGI on females in movies.

I also pointed out that they did something on the abs for the men in 300, but that doesn't answer the question that they did something beyond makeup on the women.

Also, everyone must think CGI is cheap or easy to do. I remember when many people in reaction to Adrianne Palicki's many moles said that they would CGI them out in final production. That this was easy. Come on....the money and time involved to do that and make it look seamless? They are already spending a large amount of money on special effects on BvS, so why would they purposefully pick an actress in which later on they would spend a ton of money to 'CGI' up. It doesn't make sense. Whether we like it or not, they cast Gal and I doubt anyone had in mind to CGI her body.

Also, photoshopping a picture in a magazine or on a cover is very different than literally photoshopping or CGI'ing the same thing in live action.

I am not shocked that TV and movie stars use makeup to achieve the looks that are shown on the screen. I am asking about using CGI on females in movies.

I also pointed out that they did something on the abs for the men in 300, but that doesn't answer the question that they did something beyond makeup on the women.

Also, everyone must think CGI is cheap or easy to do. I remember when many people in reaction to Adrianne Palicki's many moles said that they would CGI them out in final production. That this was easy. Come on....the money and time involved to do that and make it look seamless? They are already spending a large amount of money on special effects on BvS, so why would they purposefully pick an actress in which later on they would spend a ton of money to 'CGI' up. It doesn't make sense. Whether we like it or not, they cast Gal and I doubt anyone had in mind to CGI her body.

Also, photoshopping a picture in a magazine or on a cover is very different than literally photoshopping or CGI'ing the same thing in live action.
    When exactly did I say CGI a was cheap or easy? Or that they specifically had CGI in mind when they hired GG? You asked when a movie had used CGI on a woman and I pointed to a couple of instances that have been rumored for years ... And I pointed out that I wasn't 100% certain... 300 tried to deny they had even done it to the men so getting them to admit it for Lena's cleavage probably isn't going to happen.

CGI happens. Not typically on more than short sequence shots, but it's a well known industry tool, just like photoshop is for magazines. They will almost certainly use a combination of well done make up and CGI on GG (and the other actors) to create the illusion of more musculature, better skin, thicker hair etc... I doubt very much that they'll do a Hulk style job here, but you can bet your bum that they will do a million little things to make all of the cast look as perfect as possible. This is a mega-budget, blockbuster, Hollywood-eye-candy production. They aren't going to take short cuts with the visual appeal in something like this because they won't have to ... They have the kind of budget to afford to incorporate CGI if they want. Is it "in the plan", I doubt it, but it's certainly within the scope of reality.
    Last edited by Darius; 11-24-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Your kidding, right? Henry Cavill got superbuff to play the part. Remember the shirtless scenes in Man of Steel. If there was someone who took the weight training seriously, it was Henry Cavill. He looks buff even underneath the suit/armor he wears.
    I am not saying he is not, nor I think he should get even more muscular, I have said he is not as muscular as sometimes Superman is when certain artists draw him, or also in some cartoons.

Gal Gadot is not as muscular as some artists draw Wonder Woman, but she is as muscular as other artists draw her.
    Some people prefer one thing, others prefer another. I'm not judging either. Like I said, I personally put how she looks on a less important plan, despite the fact that in comics I prefer when Wonder Woman is like Chiang, or Fabok portray her, and not like Finch does, for example.

I was just expressing my opinion.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Gal Gadot is not as muscular as some artists draw Wonder Woman, but she is as muscular as other artists draw her.
    She'll definitely meet expectations for the vast majority of people who don't read comics, at any rate.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

She doesn't need to look overly muscular imo. She just needs to look fit/in shape, which Gal can definitely pull off (wasn't she a fitness instructor in the IDF or something at one point).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She doesn't need to look overly muscular imo. She just needs to look fit/in shape, which Gal can definitely pull off (wasn't she a fitness instructor in the IDF or something at one point).
    I believe so ... My thought here is that she is thin, but that doesn't mean she doesn't look athletic. Hopefully she doesn't "run like a girl" ... Meaning lacks athletic coordination ... That would be a far worse problem for me than her physique IMO

BANNED

Do you really need me to list the times men and women in movies are digitally enhanced for movies and posters in one way or form?
    Think you should just read this short bit about Kiera Knightly: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/07/showbi...topless-photo/

(NOTE: It's a CNN article!)