Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Incredible Member

i feel like frenzy should not have a hand anymore after what that chainsaw did to neutron in the last issue

Looks good. Excited for this one. Needs more Cable in it than last issue tho.

BANNED

..........ohk?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would forever be devoted to Ewing if he kills off Gyrich. I've vehemently hated that character from the very first time he showed up in the X-Men comic book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They already let the Royal Guard got slaughtered, so its kind of late to the party with that kind of talk, Storm. This should already be a horrendous political mess for them.

Mighty Member

This book is so different from where it started, it may have the same name but it doesn't feel like the same book. It appeared like the overall premise of the book was going one way then did a complete 180. I wonder why Ewing went this route and flipped the script.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would forever be devoted to Ewing if he kills off Gyrich. I've vehemently hated that character from the very first time he showed up in the X-Men comic book.
    He is pretty despicable all-around, and it's not just mutants he hates, it's pretty much everyone and anyone with powers that he wants to control, or flat-out eliminate if he can't control them. Of course, he does fixate on mutants since mutants are the ones with the increasing potential to become the predominant population of Earth, but he's got no love lost for anyone with superpowers, as shown by his past interactions with the likes of the Avengers and more recently with the Hulk, carrying over from Ewing's Immortal Hulk. Honestly, what he did in Avengers: The Initiative's first 12-13 issues with creating the Shadow Initiative and all the underhandedness he got up to there should have been the end of him in any official position in the U.S. government, but alas . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looking good! The LL seemed specifically designed to take the IG. Looking forward to Storm getting battle tested and hopefully getting to cut loose, and to Frenzy getting some shine with good dance partner. Im also looming foeward to Cable being the boss that handle whats about to go down on the SWORD stations. Like he weeds out the mole, explises Brand but use in a way that still lesves her as an opponent on the board (lot of potential with those 2 as frenemies).

Grych has been around in Marvel a long long time now. He's basically one of the de facto scummy government stand in types for stories. He's screwed with the Avengers, Hulk, and now X-men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Grych has been around in Marvel a long long time now. He's basically one of the de facto scummy government stand in types for stories. He's screwed with the Avengers, Hulk, and now X-men.
    I'm pretty sure i recall him messing with the X-men a long time ago allready. Infact wasn't he one of the driving forces behind Operation Zero Tolerance ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I'm pretty sure i recall him messing with the X-men a long time ago allready. Infact wasn't he one of the driving forces behind Operation Zero Tolerance ?
    Maybe. His first live-action adaptation was in the very first X-Men movie, which was somewhat drawing on Gyrich's history messing with the X-Men, which was previously adapted in the 90s animated series with him being behind the Mutant Control Agency and the Sentinels --- and then attempting to assassinate Xavier outright in the series finale.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I think I'm in the very few here who wants to see more Arakki in combat lol. They have mutants hardened by a perpetual war maybe they'll come in handy?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They already let the Royal Guard got slaughtered, so its kind of late to the party with that kind of talk, Storm. This should already be a horrendous political mess for them.
    Agreed lol

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think I'm in the very few here who wants to see more Arakki in combat lol. They have mutants hardened by a perpetual war maybe they'll come in handy?
    Absolutely