Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    My immediate reaction was, sign me up for anything involving Dr. Nemesis and Namor, especially if it's written by Si Spurrier.

However, then I remembered, that Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi during WWII. I really wish the X-books hadn't ignored that confrontation.

It's an interesting team, but I'd say leave Wolverine off. He tends to hog the spotlight. And maybe Magneto also, as it could confuse continuity even more.
    I was seeing this as an opportunity to redeem Nemesis a bit since his history of being an allied agent vs. an accidental fifth columnist are a bit convoluted. I figure the story could lay out that he's a double-agent or even a triple-agent, explaining why when he returned in the pages of Fraction's Uncanny X-Men he's actively hunting down Nazi's. The general premise is that not all of the characters would be featured at any given time necessarily, but that Earl Everett would be the anchor point for the team and the rest of them might rotate in and out. I wouldn't want to ditch pre-Wolverine Corporal Howlett/Logan because part of what I was thinking with this is that it could explain where he came up with the idea for X-Force as it was post-Messiah CompleX to begin with (though I agree that he and Mags definitely shouldn't get any more panel-time than anybody else).

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I was seeing this as an opportunity to redeem Nemesis a bit since his history of being an allied agent vs. an accidental fifth columnist are a bit convoluted. I figure the story could lay out that he's a double-agent or even a triple-agent, explaining why when he returned in the pages of Fraction's Uncanny X-Men he's actively hunting down Nazi's. The general premise is that not all of the characters would be featured at any given time necessarily, but that Earl Everett would be the anchor point for the team and the rest of them might rotate in and out. I wouldn't want to ditch pre-Wolverine Corporal Howlett/Logan because part of what I was thinking with this is that it could explain where he came up with the idea for X-Force as it was post-Messiah CompleX to begin with (though I agree that he and Mags definitely shouldn't get any more panel-time than anybody else).
    I see. You have plans for this team. Of course.

Dr. Nemesis was a pretty murderous fifth columnist to be accidental. Didn't he try to kill the Invaders?

Yes, I remember Beast and was it Cyke finding him in South America, but I'm not sure why he had a change of heart? He does have a confusing past.

I like the rotating aspect.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I see. You have plans for this team. Of course.

Dr. Nemesis was a pretty murderous fifth columnist to be accidental. Didn't he try to kill the Invaders?

Yes, I remember Beast and was it Cyke finding him in South America, but I'm not sure why he had a change of heart? He does have a confusing past.

I like the rotating aspect.
    Oh, Reversico I always have plans huahahahahaha!

Beast and Angel I think. They never really explained much of anything that happened with Dr. Bradley between his appearances in Invaders series and his return in UXM. I've never actually gotten to read his appearances as a Nazi agent, only read about them (if you've got issue numbers I'm happy to catch up *nudge, nudge*)

Oh, Reversico I always have plans huahahahahaha!

Beast and Angel I think. They never really explained much of anything that happened with Dr. Bradley between his appearances in Invaders series and his return in UXM. I've never actually gotten to read his appearances as a Nazi agent, only read about them (if you've got issue numbers I'm happy to catch up *nudge, nudge*)
    No, they didn't, and I'm not sure why not. I'll have to dig out that X-Men issue. I'm sure there was more info there.

They are in that 90s mini-series we were just talking about. Written by Roy Thomas with art by Dave Hoover. It was collected in vol. 4 of Classic Invaders, and in vol 2 of the Complete Collection of Invaders -- so if you are getting either of those, you'll have them. Here's the first issue.

And yes, Chief Jon. I'm realizing you are man of many plans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Just read All New Invaders #14. Good art. Toro being turned into a inhuman still, irks me. Especially now that the book is ending. Story was ok. Falcon cap showing up and in team simply cause blows. There was no formal invatTion he, just shows up with the, team when they help iron cross sign. The issue missed on showing bucky, Spitfire and union jack. I have reservations on how he can finish a all the plot in one issue.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Just read All New Invaders #14. Good art. Toro being turned into a inhuman still, irks me. Especially now that the book is ending. Story was ok. Falcon cap showing up and in team simply cause blows. There was no formal invatTion he, just shows up with the, team when they help iron cross sign. The issue missed on showing bucky, Spitfire and union jack. I have reservations on how he can finish a all the plot in one issue.
    You do have to wonder how much official forewarning he got that the title was going to be ending.

yeah there was'nt much ceremony with falcon cap coming in the team..i wish they'd show them accepting him and giving invader cards or something

namor did'nt talk much but
    ''i hate everyone almost equally...''
    that will go in his list of the best one liners he ever dropped
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Asked some of the same in the review thread I just started:

http://community.comicbookresources....009#post891009

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    yeah there was'nt much ceremony with falcon cap coming in the team..i wish they'd show them accepting him and giving invader cards or something

Ha. Namor is fair, he's an Equal Opportunity Hater. LOL!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

My take is that as Steve's successor, they know he has his blessing and just took it in stride. Maybe given the circumstances they didn't want to stand on ceremony.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    My take is that as Steve's successor, they know he has his blessing and just took it in stride. Maybe given the circumstances they didn't want to stand on ceremony.
    I'm responding to this in the review thread.

Does anyone see anything on the Battleworld map that hints of a Golden Age Heroes zone?

I'm wondering if Robinson is going to finish up his Killraven Martian stuff in the New Mars zone, and if so, will the Invaders be part of that?

Does anyone see anything on the Battleworld map that hints of a Golden Age Heroes zone?

I'm wondering if Robinson is going to finish up his Killraven Martian stuff in the New Mars zone, and if so, will the Invaders be part of that?
    Man oh man, that would be nice. You raise a good point and now I'm worried we're going to lose a ton of Golden Age heroes.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Man oh man, that would be nice. You raise a good point and now I'm worried we're going to lose a ton of Golden Age heroes.
    Well, it depends on how they do things. I mean, it's not like continuity is going to erased, so they can always do past stories, right?

I wouldn't feel like that Invaderless issue was such a waste, if Robinson gets to finish the story on Battleworld, that's for sure.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You think that after Battle world and all we'd get a chance for Invaders to come back? Or at least something with all the golden age heroes? And it does seem like they rushed him to the end. I really love this series, really wish more people gave it the chance.