Page 39 of 256 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    This whole discussion just made me realise how much I've enjoyed reading Grayson, so don't mind me sharing my favorite panel
    I kinda miss Midnighter. His solo series and the follow-up series with Apollo were a lot of fun, hope Orlando gets to write him again.

Attachment 117874
    I miss Dick's and Midnighter's dynamic. I'd love to see them back together for an adventure written by Orlando. I also imagine Morrison could do a good job.

Orlando isn't writing Midnighter these days but Midnighter has been around in Action Comics for a bit. I only read the first back-up but if you weren't already aware of Midnighter being around it might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    You know after stopping by the talia tread I kinda miss dick and talia's relationship. I know she now more tied to damian and jason but I do miss it.
    It's a cool dynamic, that's for sure. I hope FS: Gotham can channel Tomasi in the Dick, Talia and Damian story it just started telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    You know after stopping by the talia tread I kinda miss dick and talia's relationship. I know she now more tied to damian and jason but I do miss it.
    It's a cool dynamic, that's for sure. I hope FS: Gotham can channel Tomasi in the Dick, Talia and Damian story it just started telling.
    Sounds interesting. Glad to know Dick & Talia are on speaking terms. Definitely bodes well for the future.

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-29-2022 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yeah as stated, it was all Bendis, so you can't use that as an example. He had Huntress step into his Leviathan story in place of Dick because Dick was Ric at the time, too, so you can't really put all that on him either.
    At least Helena still made sense in that storyline, as she was Dick's boss at Spyral. Nobody else would've made sense as the Dick substitute there.

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    where are you getting your confidence from to say this as if it's a fact? Captain Marvel can't sell decent number of comics to save her life and her movie did great on box office,
    That quite frankly is outdated info. The current series has been running for three years. It's her second longest series (35 issues so far with three more solicited, her longest run Ms. Marvel vol 2 lasted 50 issues), and her longest as Captain Marvel. With good reason. It launched about the same time as the movie and has a decent writer, Kelly Thompson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

5D44B4D4-38DE-496E-A17C-A3C19C56B358.jpg

I hope the rest of 2022 this book keeps crushing it

Man, what a difference a year can make, right?

Congrats to the entire Nightwing creative team, and a big thank you to them as well for everything they've accomplished. Here's hoping this is just the beginning!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Good to see, I just hope he is allowed to keep the same creative team for a while

Extraordinary Member

I know DC is going with this "everything happened" approach, but is it just me or did Dick seem to have a different Robin costume for every day of the week when he first started out since the start of Rebirth? Some stories set during those days feature the original while there are others like the one's featured in Robin & Batman and that preview of the new World's Finest series in 'Tec #1050. Is that confusing or is it just one of those things where I just shouldn't care that much?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I know DC is going with this "everything happened" approach, but is it just me or did Dick seem to have a different Robin costume for every day of the week when he first started out since the start of Rebirth? Some stories set during those days feature the original while there are others like the one's featured in Robin & Batman and that preview of the new World's Finest series in 'Tec #1050. Is that confusing or is it just one of those things where I just shouldn't care that much?
    Batman changed his costume a lot, he could do the same during his time as Robin.

The current costume he is using in the World's Finest is the best rendition of the original Robin costume, IMO.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The current costume he is using in the World's Finest is the best rendition of the original Robin costume, IMO.
    I agree. Dan Mora's Robin redesign is very well done, he extended the leotard but kept the OG silhouette intact with a more modern aesthetic. I think they should stick with it from now on.

FI6uG_yaIAEDPev.jpg
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-31-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

While I don't think it should be used for any modern Robin ever again, I kinda still like the idea that the original Robin costume is still in continuity (at least in some books).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I agree. Dan Mora's Robin redesign is very well done, he extended the leotard but kept the OG silhouette intact with a more modern aesthetic. I think they should stick with it from now on.

FI6uG_yaIAEDPev.jpg
    OMG! Never thought anything could ever displace the BTAS version, but that Mora re-design is near the top (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I don't think it should be used for any modern Robin ever again, I kinda still like the idea that the original Robin costume is still in continuity (at least in some books).
    Agreed. The OG version has its drawbacks, but the nostalgia-factor is undeniable (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-01-2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

That's great. bout' time Dick Grayson got back in the spotlight.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This whole discussion just made me realise how much I've enjoyed reading Grayson, so don't mind me sharing my favorite panel
    I kinda miss Midnighter. His solo series and the follow-up series with Apollo were a lot of fun, hope Orlando gets to write him again.

Attachment 117874

You know Middy is currently in Superman and the Authority/ I also think he had an annual recently.

Grayson was a breathe of fresh air.

FI6uG_yaIAEDPev.jpg
    I'd add in normal boots over the classic pixie boots, but this costume is exactly what I've wanted out of a modern take on the classic costume. The iconic parts of the classic Robin costume to me are the red vest and yellow cape. You don't need to change those as they are the timeless parts, and I honestly don't mind creators throwing in the classic one with the green shorts and pixie boots occasionally, but I'm fine with giving him long pants and normal boots as long as you don't try and over design it like they did in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You know Middy is currently in Superman and the Authority/ I also think he had an annual recently.
    I don't care much about Superman but the description for it sounds interesting so I might check it out. Does it only has 4 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd add in normal boots over the classic pixie boots, but this costume is exactly what I've wanted out of a modern take on the classic costume. The iconic parts of the classic Robin costume to me are the red vest and yellow cape. You don't need to change those as they are the timeless parts, and I honestly don't mind creators throwing in the classic one with the green shorts and pixie boots occasionally, but I'm fine with giving him long pants and normal boots as long as you don't try and over design it like they did in the New 52.
    I personally like the pixie boots, I feel like it gives the outfit something to set it apart from the rest of the Robins, but the New 52 was definitely one of the worst takes. They tried to do too much with his New 52 redesign.