Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How many Stephen King books are set in the same universe again?
    It's more of a shared multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    There's a book about that. Apparently, they all are.

Sandy Hausler
    Even the ones he wrote as Richard Bachman?

Spectacular Member

Even the ones he wrote as Richard Bachman?
    Probably...**possiblespoilers** it seems The Long Walk has Randall Flagg on it...

No one talking about the hasbroverse?

Transformers (plus movie)
    Beast wars
    Beast machines
    Gijoe (sunbow) (plus movie)
    gijoe (dic)
    Gijoe sgt savage and his screaming eagles
    Gijoe extreme
    Inhumanoids
    Jem
    Cops
    Mask (confirmed later to be a gijoe spinoff with matt tracker a joe member!)

Some think robotix is also but that has not been confirmed.

Also the gobots cartoon was later revealed to be a alternate universe version of the transformers however that was in a comic and not the cartoon but the gobots do show up in the armada and dreamwave transformers universes as Hasbro owns both.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-18-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

Kevin Smith talked about how they should bring back all the Norman Lear shows like All in the Family, Jeffersons and so on as a big event. Not a reboot, but things like Archie's grandkid growing up and living in the small neighborhood with all the characters from those show. The Hanna Barbara shows are doing some cool stuff in the comics with their characters. I do think we need a shared universe big event for Marvel. Shield vs. the Defenders would be fun.

Astonishing Member

I know Recess, Lilo and Stitch, American Dragon Jake Long, The Proud Family and Kim Possible all were a shared universe. Though that was only really because Lilo and Stitch had episodes featuring them all as guest stars long after the other ended.

Not really sensibly but at the very least the Disney Aladdin and Hercules cartoons were in the same universe even having a crossover with Jafar and Hades working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Aliens and Predators shared universe.
    I've always wished they could get the rights to The Thing and incorporate it into that universe.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spectacular Member

I would love to see shared John Carpenter universe. The Fog/Thing/Big Trouble in Little China/Halloween/They Live as one big even comic or Netflix series.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It could easily go either way for Django and Hateful Eight, seeing as those are set in very different time periods and places (both from each other and the rest of the films).

Without insight from Tarantino, I'd imagine Hateful Eight would be the "historical movie with scattered factual liberties" making it in-universe, and Django more the "fictional western (southern?) hero" and being a "movie the real universe characters watch".
    I'm guessing Django is a movie since per Word of God Django is an ancestor of John Shaft. So I guess Shaft and Django exist in a shared universe.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I actually found out when Fuller House season 1 came out that a lot of the 90's TGIF shows take place in the same universe if that makes sense lol. Like Family Matter and Full House exist in the same universe as Steve Urkel makes an appearance on an episode of Full House. There are also a couple of other crossovers like that from the 90's TGIF shows.
    There was a later TGIF crossover that involved Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, and a couple shortly lived supernatural shows where Salem went around screwing with time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Not a crossover, exactly, but they all used the plot point of a city-wide power outage as the genesis for their story on the same evening.
    Much like Family Guy, the Cleveland Show, and American Dad would with a hurricane that hit the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But I'm on surer footing with this one...Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and True Romance are all in the same universe. Kill Bill and Bastards are supposed to be movies that characters in those films watch. But I'm not sure how Django and Hateful Eight relate to those films.
    It seems like the show that Mia Wallace was supposed to be in, Fox Force Five, became the movie Kill Bill (which, presumably, starred Mia Wallace as the Bride).

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Aren't all the classic Cartoon Network shows sort of set in the same universe?
    Hm...Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls were (and I think there were later ties to Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Samurai Jack). Uncle Grandpa's guest spot on Steven Universe, although acknowledged in episode as non-canon, revealed that he was going to visit some of the classic CN characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Not really sensibly but at the very least the Disney Aladdin and Hercules cartoons were in the same universe even having a crossover with Jafar and Hades working together.
    Which kind of contradicts Genie meeting Hercules in Return of Jafar, but...ehh. Due to cameos and other references and whatnot, several Disney movies could be considered to be in the same universe (only they do take place during different time periods).

Incredible Member

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

The "Realer Than Real" Tarantino universe is pretty big(Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Death Proof, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight all take place in the same world).

Jackie Brown and Out of Sight are connected via Michael Keaton's character appearing in both.

Technically, the Stephen King universe comprises every fictional universe there is, since it's all connected to The Dark Tower.

All the seasons of American Horror Story are connected to one another.

The old Adam West Batman and the Green Hornet TV show were connected.

Indiana Jones apparently exists inside the MCU, according to that one line in Captain America: The First Avenger about Hitler digging for trinkets in the desert. This could possibly mean that Star Wars, ET, and American Graffiti happened in the MCU as well.

The ending to Cabin In The Woods I think is the cause of the events in This Is The End.

Gravity Falls and Rick & Morty are probably connected since their respective creators Justin Roiland and Alex Hirsch are friends and throw references from the other person's show into their own show.
    Last edited by Dr Will Hatch; 05-23-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm guessing Django is a movie since per Word of God Django is an ancestor of John Shaft. So I guess Shaft and Django exist in a shared universe.
    No, Django is in the "real" world, and so is Hateful Eight. The "Movie Movie" universe is for the movies that go way over the top and involve the supernatural, like From Dusk Till Dawn and Kill Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

The "Realer Than Real" Tarantino universe is pretty big(Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Death Proof, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight all take place in the same world).

Jackie Brown and Out of Sight are connected via Michael Keaton's character appearing in both.

Technically, the Stephen King universe comprises every fictional universe there is, since it's all connected to The Dark Tower.

All the seasons of American Horror Story are connected to one another.

The old Adam West Batman and the Green Hornet TV show were connected.

Indiana Jones apparently exists inside the MCU, according to that one line in Captain America: The First Avenger about Hitler digging for trinkets in the desert This could possibly mean that Star Wars, ET, and American Graffiti happened in the MCU as well.

The ending to Cabin In The Woods I think is the cause of the events in This Is The End.

Gravity Falls and Rick & Morty are probably connected since their respective creators Justin Roiland and Alex Hirsch are friends and throw references from the other person's show into their own show.
    Death proof and Kill Bill exists in the same universe. The Sheriff and his son appears in both.

Also, Sam Jackson's character in Kill Bill Vol. 2 might be the same guy he played in Pulp Fiction.

Also, look at this:

Paula Schultz might be related to Dr. Schultz from Django Unchained.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 05-23-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Death proof and Kill Bill exists in the same universe. The Sheriff and his son appears in both.

Also, Sam Jackson's character in Kill Bill Vol. 2 might be the same guy he played in Pulp Fiction.

Also, look at this:

Paula Schultz might be related to Dr. Schcultz from Django Unchained.
    http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Universes

According to this, Death Proof IS in the "Real" Tarantino universe. I know that McGraw is a bit of a contradiction because he appears in From Dusk Till Dawn, but apparently some characters are allowed to hop back and forth. Maybe the McGraw in From Dusk Till Dawn was based on the "real" McGrawn from Death Proof.

Maybe Doctor King Schultz is a famous folk hero in the "real" universe along with Django for blowing up Candyland, and their names are often referenced in movies like Kill Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    how do you figure?