Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    It's a movie about a super secret place in Africa, how about going African all the way?

If it's have to be music that the general audience can get into get it from somewhere in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XD56CwWCtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4J5Zpvp3mk

Or get people that mix sounds from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYR7ilLbfo

When i see Wakanda on screen i want to feel like im there. I dont want to hear stuff i hear on the weekends blaring from cars.
    I dont think you understand how marketing and demographics work. Outside of hip-hop being a music form created by African-Americans (sorry, but they are trying to tap this demo more than any other, same way they will go after women with Captain Marvel and how DC pushed it with Wonder Woman), this was debuted during the NBA finals. Not sure if you've ever watched basketball, but most of the music you hear as they cut to commercial or blare inside the arena is either old-school R&B or Hip-Hop, with few exceptions outside of songs like Guns and Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" or White Stripes "Seven Nation Army". ABC is owned by Disney, which also owns Marvel... You get where I'm going? This done intentionally. This teaser was put together to appeal to the market in which they were broadcasting to at that moment. Otherwise, it would have been on Kimmel or something. I doubt the next trailer will be as hip-hop as this one. Don't feel too alienated. It's all good.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The song fit the character im sure what the complaint is. Its not some weird song choice like assassins creed using Kanye.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The song fit the character im sure what the complaint is. Its not some weird song choice like assassins creed using Kanye.
    Now that was weird...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I dont think you understand how marketing and demographics work. Outside of hip-hop being a music form created by African-Americans (sorry, but they are trying to tap this demo more than any other, same way they will go after women with Captain Marvel and how DC pushed it with Wonder Woman), this was debuted during the NBA finals. Not sure if you've ever watched basketball, but most of the music you hear as they cut to commercial or blare inside the arena is either old-school R&B or Hip-Hop, with few exceptions outside of songs like Guns and Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" or White Stripes "Seven Nation Army". ABC is owned by Disney, which also owns Marvel... You get where I'm going? This done intentionally. This teaser was put together to appeal to the market in which they were broadcasting to at that moment. Otherwise, it would have been on Kimmel or something. I doubt the next trailer will be as hip-hop as this one. Don't feel too alienated. It's all good.
    i was discussing my hope for the movie not the structure of the marketing for this specific spot.

BANNED

Now that was weird...
    As it was, as well, for Fant4stic.

Now that was weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Like Pan using Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    i was discussing my hope for the movie not the structure of the marketing for this specific spot.
    Yes. I understood. But your concern didn't have much basis was my point. The teaser trailer, which is what made you concerned, was constructed to appeal to the demo that would be watching. Basketball fans, probably watching the game in a bar or at their home surrounded by friends. You're​ concern about a movie from a less than 2 minute trailer because of the music selection in said trailer, is what I was trying to dismantle. No need for concern. Just a commercial trying to draw attention. But I'm not guaranteeing that there won't be hip hop in the movie. Tchalla did spend a lot of time in the US in the books, who says he didn't pick up on that taste in the music? Everything can't be AC/DC and mixtapes from the 70s and 80s. Frankly, I'd be somewhat insulted if it was. But to be honest I hope they go for a more epic score and only use popular music to help tell the story. If it's Run DMC instead of Van Halen, then so be it. The time he would have spent in US (New York if I remember correctly) would place him at the onset of hip hop, which in itself is rhythmatically (word?) based from our African roots as well as spoken word. So in essence, still from mother land.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-11-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    Guild Member

Yes. I understood. But your concern didn't have much basis was my point. The teaser trailer, which is what made you concerned, was constructed to appeal to the demo that would be watching. Basketball fans, probably watching the game in a bar or at their home surrounded by friends. You're​ concern about a movie from a less than 2 minute trailer because of the music selection in said trailer, is what I was trying to dismantle. No need for concern. Just a commercial trying to draw attention. But I'm not guaranteeing that there won't be hip hop in the movie. Tchalla did spend a lot of time in the US in the books, who says he didn't pick up on that taste in the music? Everything can't be AC/DC and mixtapes from the 70s and 80s. Frankly, I'd be somewhat insulted if it was. But to be honest I hope they go for a more epic score and only use popular music to help tell the story. If it's Run DMC instead of Van Halen, then so be it. The time he would have spent in US (New York if I remember correctly) would place him at the onset of hip hop, which in itself is rhythmatically (word?) based from our African roots as well as spoken word. So in essence, still from mother land.
    Plus one doesn't have to be from (or spend time in) the U.S. to be a hip-hop fan.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Plus one doesn't have to be from (or spend time in) the U.S. to be a hip-hop fan.
    100% true, my oversite, but I used the US as an example because in the books he studied there, not because he its the only place to hear rap music lol. Looking at his age in the movie, he probably would have been in college around the early to mid 00s... not the best time for hip-hop IMO. Best times, again IMO, were late 80s and mid-late 90s.
    Guild Member

Black Panther' teaser trailer lights up social media, challenges 'Wonder Woman's' popularity

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/09/black...spotlight.html

Although James and the Cleveland Cavaliers were locked in a must-win Game 4 of the NBA Championship, the Black Panther dominated the conversation on social media for much of the night. With fans titillated by a promotional picture earlier in the day — and seemingly more interested in the trailer than the game — "Black Panther" was the top trending item on Twitter, even as the Cavaliers handily beat the Warriors in a do-or-die game.
    'Heightened level of expectation'
    Between 9 p.m. Eastern and midnight on Friday, the movie stirred up 109,000 tweets with the hashtag #BlackPanther, according to an analysis performed for CNBC by marketing technology firm Amobee. What's even more impressive is the fan reaction in those tweets: 86 percent were positive.

The hashtag #BlackPantherSoLit was used in roughly another 15,400 tweets.

"The real-time reaction to the Black Panther trailer was overwhelmingly positive on social media; reaffirming what the success of Wonder Woman has already proven — that fans of Marvel and DC movies are hungry for representation," Jonathan Cohen, principal brand analyst at Amobee, told CNBC in an email.

In fact, "Black Panther" generated 58 percent as much digital content engagement as "Wonder Woman," the most popular movie at the U.S. box office right now. Amobee's data suggest "Black Panther" is in excellent shape in terms of audience awareness.

Marvel Studios did appear to suffer a minor misstep with the promotional poster for "Black Panther," as some fans complained that it looked poorly Photoshopped. Tweets directly mentioning "poster" and "Black Panther" were 27 percent positive and 27 percent negative, with the rest neutral.
    That's pretty cool

It looks amazing. Guess I'll be a grown-ass man looking for Kilmonger toys too.

I've got a BP sweatshirt from the old John Blaze line that I'll be wearing to the open.

My favorite line in it is Klaw goin' '(Ooo)Alll a front'

I'm drunk off of trailer reaction videos too, even though most aren't so familiar with it's cannon. Black, white, males and female all giggling like kids, seems to be something special. My favorite here.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Well, I don't care if the spot of broadcast was tailor made for "my audience type", I'm hyped as hell for this movie. I saw WW a few days after it came out, but for BP I'm getting those same day release tickets. Freaking hyped. And it looks like MCU as a whole wasn't aware of how advanced Wanda was...I thought they were due to some sound great in civil war. Oh well.

And please for all that is holy no characters meant to stand in for Storm. Keep that out of the MCU panther franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    the fact that Angela Bassets Character eeriely remebles Storm has been mentioend?
    Do you think Ramonda resembles Storm in the comics?

versus

Nah, not really seeing it.

ok, lets wait till the next trailer and eventually till the movie happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Do you think Ramonda resembles Storm in the comics?

versus

Nah, not really seeing it.
    Funny fact, when they were originally casting the first X-Men movie, Angela was considered for the role of Storm. They of course went with Hally instead, I assume due to age, but dang Angela still looks good!
    Guild Member