• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I've had a change of heart. I'm now fine with a story that shows Storm's potential and it being her being able to control most energies.

Still don't think she'd be anywhere remotely near the One-above-All though on the cosmic scale.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've had a change of heart. I'm now fine with a story that shows Storm's potential and it being her being able to control most energies.

Still don't think she'd be anywhere remotely near the One-above-All though on the cosmic scale.
    I agree with the bolded. What made you have a change in heart?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with the bolded. What made you have a change in heart?
    All this talk of potential made me look at other character's alluded potential and quite a few of them are predicted to be potentially ridiculous in power. The things Sue Storm can potentially do with her hyperspace control is insane and I thought "if others get to then why not Storm too?". Have a issue or small arc where it shows her or a future version achieving that potential. It would only be for that arc/issue though as I don't want that as her powerlevel permanently. It would also upset the Storm haters as a bonus too.

It would also make the potential of both of my two favourite female superheroes insane.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-03-2017 at 04:10 PM.

All this talk of potential made me look at other character's alluded potential and quite a few of them are predicted to be potentially ridiculous in power. The things Sue Storm can potentially do with her hyperspace control is insane and I thought "if others get to then why not Storm too?". Have a issue or small arc where it shows her or a future version achieving that potential. It would only be for that arc/issue though as I don't want that as her powerlevel permanently. It would also upset the Storm haters as a bonus too.

It would also make the potential of both of my two favourite female superheroes insane.
    I'm curious! What could FP Sue do? Please go into detail btw

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    I'm curious! What could FP Sue do? Please go into detail btw
    I won't go into detail in another character's appreciation thread, I talk a bit more about it on the last page of Sue's thread. Link in my sig.

The short of it: Teleportation, lightspeed travel, Controlling the four fundamental forces of the universe and other nifty stuff lol. I and others believe Franklin's powers are a boosted version of hers.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-03-2017 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

I'd say this:
    IF FP Storm isn't allowed to able to control all forms of Energy that EXISTS in the laws of Nature and the Natural Order. Then she should be able to at least Manipulate ALL forms of Energy on a High Scale. People are forgetting The Nova Corp, Phoenix Force, Quantum Force(Quantum Bands) and many other energy sources are Energy that occurs naturally in the Universe. Now sure ok that's fine FP Storm doesn't have to Control all forms of Energy. However, she should be able to manipulate them because again it's Energy that occurs naturally.

We all know Storm sees the World and Universe as patterns of Energy and sense. She's already proven she can Manipulate Cosmic and Magic Energy on a High Scale in human form. For those who do not know Storm follows the rules of Nature and is VERY much in tune with it. So it makes sense for her to manipulate Energy that makes up the Universe. Now I don't want Storm to be SUPER DUPER ULTRA POWERFUL. FP Storm should have a nice sweet section NOT TOO POWERFUL not TOO WEAK. Something like Lukewarm
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-03-2017 at 05:22 PM.

I won't go into detail in another character's appreciation thread, I talk a bit more about it on the last page of Sue's thread. Link in my sig.

The short of it: Teleportation, lightspeed travel, Controlling the four fundamental forces of the universe and other nifty stuff lol. I and others believe Franklin's powers are a boosted version of hers.
    I gave it a look and wow! I mean I knew Sue was a powerhouse even with just the force-fields and how she could manipulate them. But going deeper into Hyperspace is on a whole new level lol.

Did these get posted already? If not, I'll put up all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    I gave it a look and wow! I mean I knew Sue was a powerhouse even with just the force-fields and how she could manipulate them. But going deeper into Hyperspace is on a whole new level lol.
    Yeah when I looked further into it, things get crazy.

Question: How much control does Storm have over water? Is it on the level of a decently skilled water bender fro the avatar series or more along the lines of Mera in DC. Is it greater than her?

BANNED

Yeah when I looked further into it, things get crazy.

Question: How much control does Storm have over water? Is it on the level of a decently skilled water bender fro the avatar series or more along the lines of Mera in DC. Is it greater than her?
    Mera's Control over water is exactly the same as how Storm controls the wind. However, Mera has far better control.
    To Answer Question: Storm is decently skilled, but not on Mera's Level.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I think it's bad enough that there are only four females at this point and only one black character (I think?) - MvC3 had more and its now 2017!
    Welcome to Capcom of this gen. They launched SFV with only 16 characters, down from the 25 that launched with the home version of IV

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    True. I actually wished we have MVC4 instead of MVCI and just have them add like 10 more Marvel characters, 10 more Capcom characters, new main boss (preferable Ingrid turning evil, a female main boss for a huge change), 2 more new costumes, new trailers, add 12 more new stages, more character arts, more banners, new story ending for each character and a story mode that would last at least 30 hours.

but to make it feel like it's MVC4 and not superultimate MVC3, we can remove at least 3 marvel characters and 3 capcom characters from UMVC3 and add 3 more new Marvel and Capcom characters to replace them.
    MvCI is MvC4. Dropping the number doesnt mean it isnt the next entry in the series
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Mera's Control over water is exactly the same as how Storm controls the wind. However, Mera has far better control.
    Thanks for the answer.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    r we sure if this considering her awareness that the ocean is no different than air it's just a heavier medium:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-03-2017 at 06:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    r we sure if this considering her awareness that the ocean is no different than air it's just a heavier medium:

Yes, but that is different. Storm is not on par with Mera when it comes to controlling Water.

I'll explain why hold on I'm driving

BANNED

Ok let's talk about this:
    Storm and Mera's control over water is absolutely different. Mera controls Water EXACTLY how Storm controls the Wind.

Mera:
    Can swim in Lava......Storm can't.
    Attachment 52529

Mera stopped a giant Tidal Wave by actually controlling the Body of Water itself...........Storm needed to use the Wind to Stop a Tidal wave
    Attachment 52530

Mera can flood your Lungs by collecting the water in them...........Storm can not do that only with the Wind. ( You guys see the similarities?)
    Attachment 52531
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-03-2017 at 07:23 PM.