Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Moving beyond the question of whether Emma is or isn’t a feminist, I do have to say the plot line I’m most interested in is her move to consolidate power among the women. Storm, Jean, Emma, and now Kitty are all on the Quiet Council and are former headmistresses of the school and leaders of X. I would love to see them become a voting block and limit the power and influence enjoyed by Xavier and Magneto.

Krakoan politics and the conflicting personalities and agendas of the Council are what I’m really here for.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 12-10-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For fuk's sake. There's an Emma Frost discussion thread.
    It's not a discussion thread it's an appreciation thread and i tend not to go into people's appreciation threads unless it's positive or to uplift the character. Perhaps instead of appreciation threads all the fan threads should be renamed to discussion threads because im bout tired of all the censoring going on when you say something that in this case actually apply to the thread and people are having an heart attack over it. All you did was continue the Emma talk rather than mention another point of interest to move the topic to other parts of the interview.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Moving beyond the question of whether Emma is or isn’t a feminist, I do have to say the plot line I’m most interested in is her move to consolidate power among the women. Storm, Jean, Emma, and now Kitty are all on the Quiet Council and are former headmistresses of the school and leaders of X. I would love to see them become a voting block and limit the power and influence enjoyed by X and Magneto.

Krakoan politics and the conflicting personalities and agendas of the Council are what I’m really here for.
    I'm here for a council book. Where we see them make some of these decisions and how they break down what each group is in charge of on a day to day basis. It could be gold.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Emma Frost being a feminist is on topic because it was mentioned in Duggan's interview.

Moving beyond the question of whether Emma is or isn’t a feminist, I do have to say the plot line I’m most interested in is her move to consolidate power among the women. Storm, Jean, Emma, and now Kitty are all on the Quiet Council and are former headmistresses of the school and leaders of X. I would love to see them become a voting block and limit the power and influence enjoyed by X and Magneto.

I definitely agree with this and all for it happening soon. I want to see who would agree with whom and if it would stir up any drama. Would conflicting decisions be purely professional, or would it cause tension between characters outside of Council meetings?

I'm super interested in #4 now too, since Duggan said Bishop gets a lot of focus, which will add a new layer to his character. But he also mentioned we may not exactly want to be friends with him by the end of the issue. So I'm excited to see what exactly that means.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm here for a council book. Where we see them make some of these decisions and how they break down what each group is in charge of on a day to day basis. It could be gold.
    Maybe that’s what Larraz is working on? Maybe that’s where Destiny makes her grand return? I’m dead just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You also don't have to dislike her to not think she is a feminist. Just because you support feminism doesn't automatically make you a feminist but i'm old school. I don't think someone who tweets saying something should be better is an activist.
    yep, exactly. People can like or not the character.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Being a feminist means supporting equal rights, particularly those between men, women, and everything that falls in between. Emma Frost is a feminist. You don't have to like her character to admit that.

Emma Frost has flaws. Those flaws and traits may include that she's independent, cunning, vicious, selfish, etc. Having flaws doesn't disqualify her as a feminist. Disliking other female characters doesn't disqualify her as a feminist.

Feminism doesn't mean you have to play nice.
    Emma isn't a feminist.

Calling a woman a cow just because you don't like her completely remove any feminist card.

Helping women get sexual abused also remove it. Never saw Emma working to get women equality, much the contrary saying that sexism doesn't exist.

disliking women also removes feminist card. Like she worked to destroy Jean grey life out of jeaulousy.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-10-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Maybe that’s what Larraz is working on? Maybe that’s where Destiny makes her grand return? I’m dead just thinking about it.
    It would be great. I can imagine the intrigue. Some on the council vying for votes from others on the councils. The double crossing. Imagine having them even testing things like Krakoa's defenses and stuff from powerful attacks. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    From Classic X-Men #34

This is great, especially the "...it cheapens them" line.

The "There is no such thing as sexism unless you give them the power" line is kinda bs tho, especially in context to the HFC, the biggest boys' club to patriarch that passed Emma around until she had to claw her way to the top.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If you have a problem with that Classic X-Men scene, take it up with Ann Nocenti.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If you have a problem with that Classic X-Men scene, take it up with Ann Nocenti.
    She would probably not include that line in hindsight either. The rest of the scene is top notch tho

Mighty Member

Moving beyond the question of whether Emma is or isn’t a feminist, I do have to say the plot line I’m most interested in is her move to consolidate power among the women. Storm, Jean, Emma, and now Kitty are all on the Quiet Council and are former headmistresses of the school and leaders of X. I would love to see them become a voting block and limit the power and influence enjoyed by Xavier and Magneto.

How exactly would they be able to limit any power of Xavier and Magneto? Charles and Mags alone with Moira created Krakoa, they built it from nothing. Who is Emma, Storm, Jean and Kitty to come along and try to limit anything. If they think they can do a better job then they are free to go start their own nation. Xavier and Magneto have freely given the others tremendous power and authority on Krakoa though they were not obligated too. They are not keeping the womenfolk down in the name of the patriarchy or some such nonsense. So why would Emma feel the need to conspire with the other ladies to seize power, to what end? "Unless she ultimately wants power for herself". They sit on the council and have a voice , hell Emma should be grateful that Xavier and Magneto brought her into the fold and intrusted her with shipping the drugs when they did not have to. Emma can try her power grab but she won't succeed, and while Xavier may let the attempted coup go unpunished Magneto certainly won't. It's crazy, Charles and Erik created a mutant nation and some see them as villains because they believe they have to much power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How exactly would they be able to limit any power of Xavier and Magneto? Charles and Mags alone with Moira created Krakoa, they built it from nothing. Who is Emma, Storm, Jean and Kitty to come along and try to limit anything. If they think they can do a better job then they are free to go start their own nation. Xavier and Magneto have freely given the others tremendous power and authority on Krakoa though they were not obligated too. They are not keeping the womenfolk down in the name of the patriarchy or some such nonsense. So why would Emma feel the need to conspire with the other ladies to seize power, to what end? "Unless she ultimately wants power for herself". They sit on the council and have a voice , hell Emma should be grateful that Xavier and Magneto brought her into the fold and intrusted her with shipping the drugs when they did not have to. Emma can try her power grab but she won't succeed, and while Xavier may let the attempted coup go unpunished Magneto certainly won't. It's crazy, Charles and Erik created a mutant nation and some see them as villains because they believe they have to much power.
    Calm down. Nobody is calling them villains, but leaving the straight, white dudes in charge unchecked has never worked out for anyone. Power corrupts, and everyone needs checks and balances.

Finally listened and this was one boring interview

ETA: I see the main dicussion has centered around Emma so I'll chime in. I also dont view her as a feminist and was taken aback when he said that. To be honest, Duggan's Emma doesnt feel like Emma so maybe thats why he talks about her the way that he did. She does feel different from the character that has been around the X-men for the better part of the last 2 decades. Especially with Kitty, she almost feels like a den mother and that dynamic is completely off
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-10-2019 at 11:31 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Calm down. Nobody is calling them villains, but leaving the straight, white dudes in charge unchecked has never worked out for anyone. Power corrupts, and everyone needs checks and balances.
    It didn't work out when Jean, Ororo, Emma and Kitty were in charge either.

Put Exodus in charge. Kill the flatscans with croissants or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Finally listened and this was one boring interview
    Hey, man. Not everyone can give good interviews like Keanu "Breath-taking" Reeves.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-10-2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Oh my GOD!
    "Cable was right!"

How many times has the Black Panther office whitewashed Storm? Just sayin’