Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm not sure but that looks more like a Japanese and not Vietnamese. Why is Tran wearing a Japanese kimono?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    If anything, this issue kinda leads me into the opposite direction. Like it's really hammering home that the new Mutants have no stake in the Quiet Council. For better and for worse.
    I have to agree. Also, I think people are really overstating the leadership Dani showed this issue. She's acting as the team psychiatrist, and even then only with the adults. When dealing with the kids she didn't speak up any more than Rahne did, Illyana was still front and center and clearly the one in charge, and when Gabby had her concerns Dani didn't say anything at all. It's great to see her be competent again, but again, she's taken on the Counselor Troi role and not the Captain Kirk or Picard role.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Great start to Vita's run. This is exactly what I want from a New Mutants group. The voices were spot on and it's great to see them having a purpose and acting as competent afults for a change. The cameos were also pretty cool. Rain Boy was surprisingly fun and I love how Scout voiced some of the readers' own concerns in an organic way that didn't feel forced.
    I share your sentiments too, this first issue was surprisingly good but almost anything is better than that horrid Brisson's run.

We get to see more display of the New Mutants powers, however, only time will tell whether they are treated like amateurs like in Brisson's run.

At least now, there is a direction for the team.

Extraordinary Member

The kids being in complete awe after seeing the New Mutants sparring match would suggest they're being treated as more competent overall. There is a clear divide between them and the younger crowd that is being fully acknowledged.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If she could do it on her own then what was the point of the 'one wolf goes in, five wolves come out' portal?
    I guess the point of that was to like split around the wolves in different areas to go do different tasks/targets instead of just splitting in the middle of the field where they could get hit by an AOE attack.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I guess the point of that was to like split around the wolves in different areas to go do different tasks/targets instead of just splitting in the middle of the field where they could get hit by an AOE attack.
    Then they shouldn't all come out of the same portal in the same place,

Spectacular Member

with regards to the clone ban thing, that could just be the public announcement they make as for their answer for mady's denial, internally it could just be as simple as there were more council members who just didn't like her compared to the ones who were willing to give her a chance.

this really puts gabby in a dangerous position since she now is a target for drama to challenge this ruling if she does die, then they either keep her dead to keep up the image of that ruling or make some reasons to exclude her from that ruling and end up having some internal discord with regards to mady should have been given a chance at least. unless there's some other clone mutants running around? anyone know if there's people other than gabby with this current dilemma?

also this is looking like they might bring back karma's brother. im not all that familiar with the OG new mutants, but I do know about that issue where karma seemingly absorbed her twin into herself to stop him, so dunno if at some point he got ejected from her or if he was already brought back in another story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    There are so many new possibilities for more younger mutants to be expanded upon like who woulda thought rain boy would make a comeback.

The whole clone ban is interesting though, I wonder if it's gonna intersect with the whole alt-universe thing too cuz dark beast is a copy of Hank but a whole different person. Not to mention separate characters like Jimmy Hudson or Bombshell. Quicksilver from 1610 was last seen in 616 during the whole mother vine thing but he was killed to get his x-gene, would a copy like him count since his counterpart isn't a mutant? And Rahne still has her wolf pack powers cuz it was a secondary mutation triggered by mother vine, you cant take a mutant's secondary mutation away at resurrection.

And ik it's probably not connected but in the new New Warriors, Namorita seems to be back and alive when she was previously seen deceased, was she resurrected on Krakoa? She's a clone tho.
    Namorita is a time anomaly who was brought back from the past by the Sphinx in Nova (Rich) 2007 series, issue 32. In the end of that story line, Rich held on to her when he and Darkhawk reentered the "true" reality. So again, Nita is basically from an alternate timeline where she disappeared, which would completely change her reality's history. Unfortunately, Namorita hasn't been used much if any since then. None of Namor stories use her or her mother much. To my knowledge, she was last seen in the FF latest series' 1st story line, where every member who was ever part of the FF fought the embodiment of entropy. She supposed to be in the latest New Warriors with Firestar, but who knows what's going on with that. I think it's cancelled. And I doubt she would ever be used in the X-Men.

Although she's a clone, she does have some genetic differences from her 'mother'. i.e. her Kymaera phase. But I don't think this alternate version has gone through that. In fact, she may not even know she's a clone of Namora. And she had a complete different life experience from Namora as well. So I don't see why she wouldn't be resurrected.
    All that to say, I think Honey Badger (I like this name better than Scout), Laura, and the Cuckoos (2 were already brought back) would all qualify.
    And if Maddie wasn't so hellbent of killing everyone, she might have, too.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Should we perhaps consider this might just be Farouk himself and not the Shadow King? As Farouk was shown on Krakoa before as one of the mutants on Krakoa.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    How did Evan die? Bummed that we haven’t seen a reaction from Rockslide’s bestfriend Anole yet. And why does he keep secretly playing with bad mutant liars like Summoner and Farouk?!
    He was fatally stabbed in Age of X-man

Extraordinary Member

Has it ever been stated how old Fauna is supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I'm not sure but that looks more like a Japanese and not Vietnamese. Why is Tran wearing a Japanese kimono?
    Search “Vietnamese Dynasty “

63A4E87F-DF0D-4DFE-9EB7-37036646A8B0.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

This has been the best issue since the Hickman storyline, and I enjoyed it enough to continue the series, as I'd been considering dropping it in favor of some of the newer X-titles like SWORD. I really love the art from Reis, and I loved a lot about what Ayala did here, in terms of both the direction/purpose of the book and making me care about every character that appeared. See, I've never been a huge fan of the New Mutants team as a whole, but I'm fascinated by the current Krakoa status quo -- so I'm excited that this book is now giving us a glimpse at how young adult mutants and children are living/coping in this new environment. (Maybe my career in education is one reason why I enjoy the direction of the NM's teaching the even Newer Mutants.)

I also hope that we continue to see a large cast of characters, even if only certain ones get the majority of the time. There are so many interesting young mutants, so my hope is that different kids will get the spotlight every once in a while.

Also interested in the whole "clone" issue that was brought up and the ethical ramifications of the QC's decision with Maddie. Looking forward to see this plotline continue as well.

As far as Shadow King? Never been much of an interest for me, other than in Season 1 of Legion. Still, I believe Ayala will make me care about him -- I mean, I care about Rain Boy now!

-Pav, who also loved everything about Warlock in this issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wait, didn't Dani say at the beginning of the series that their education was better than any human one?

And now it turns out they didn't have one until they asked Charles recently?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, didn't Dani say at the beginning of the series that their education was better than any human one?

And now it turns out they didn't have one until they asked Charles recently?
    She never says that. She only says the School failed. There's never a note from Dani of krakoa having better education.