Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder if Monica would've been more popular if she got a series where she was drawn by Frank Cho.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Hank Pym will assault anyone. Not just his wife!

I like Hank as a character, but he has hit his wife, and others, and built and unleashed deadly threats to beat up his friends and colleagues so he could save them and prove himself. Dude has a history of violence.
    So does your favorite paragons and every other superheroes, including Monica, who microwaved a bunch of H.A.T.E. agents and tried to genocide Ultimate Marvel among other things.
    The violence comes with the territory.
    But wife-beater implies domestic violence committed during an abusive relationship.
    I don't think a super-heroine trying to stop an anti-hero from doing violence to others counts. It's more of an unfortunate casualty in a very serious operation.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 03-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member

It's strange that Monica appeared in ASM, yet we never see her in a guest role... I think that it was Stephen Wacker's idea to give Carol the mantle of Captain Marvel. IMO, Monica should have reacquired that title as she is far more interesting than Carol Danvers who Marvel has made into a very boring Military personal...

BANNED

Frank Cho begs to differ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tony Stark done lots of **** and he's still considered the "leading guy"(that term is weird actually) with Marvel declaring his book as "All New All Different Marvel Flagship"
    To me, marvel comics stating the comicbook character Tony Stark being the 'leading guy' is one godawful decision since, to me, said comicbook character has done lots of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It's strange that Monica appeared in ASM, yet we never see her in a guest role... I think that it was Stephen Wacker's idea to give Carol the mantle of Captain Marvel. IMO, Monica should have reacquired that title as she is far more interesting than Carol Danvers who Marvel has made into a very boring Military personal...
    Though I probably like Monica more than Carol it makes more sense to stick Carol with the name. She can legitimately be considered a legacy to Marv. With Monica it was just the first of many random names they stuck her with. Frankly they should have made Carol Captain Marvel decades ago.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Frank Cho begs to differ
    He kind of ran the outrage joke into the ground.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    Sharapova is the Carol to Serena's Monica, inferior in every way yet still gets the marketing push. - shingi70 from neogaf forum

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So does your favorite paragons and every other superheroes, including Monica, who microwaved a bunch of H.A.T.E. agents
    Unthinking, unfeeling monster robots made of plant matter, controlled by a terrorist organization.

and tried to genocide Ultimate Marvel among other things.
    Um... no.

But wife-beater implies domestic violence committed during an abusive relationship.
    That would be "serial wife-beater." Wife-beater implies he beat his wife. Which he did.

I don't think a super-heroine trying to stop an anti-hero from doing violence to others counts. It's more of an unfortunate casualty in a very serious operation.
    Are you really a) saying that Yellowjacket was an antihero, and b) Jan just got in the way? Why not whole hog it, and say the bitch had it coming?

"Gee, Officer. I know I oughtn't hit my wife, but building a terrorist assault device to fake heroism after I decimate my workplace is serious work and... um... she walked right into my fist during an important procedure."

I love Hank. I love Jan. He has a long history of emotional and psychological problems which he often does not handle well. Some of those are naively generated by more innocent stories, some were miscommunication between writer and artist, and some were completely planned and intended, but they're all there.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 03-27-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    they should really rebrand Monica as a glamour girl of the MU, make her kind of a champagne sipping socialite, up her femininity, draw from old school Diana Ross in Mahogany aesthetics, and return her to the pink costume which by far was her best look EVAR. it would set her apart in a lot of ways, her kind of basking in the luxury of being a superhero that the world adores. An innocently nebulus wonder woman of sorts that occasionally has to get checked on her privellege as a super powered being.
    When did Monica were a pink costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did Monica were a pink costume?
    certain artists depicted the white parts as having pink highlights early on.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Frank Cho begs to differ
    Hmmm... If one were to digitally color her face brown, eyes brown, with black hair.. Black tunic (white at shoulders) with white gloves, white sash and white/black star symbol, then...

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Stuff
    You got facts wrong there and you got my meaning of my words but somehow you just don't like it, but I am holier than you and this is Monica thread so I will only waste my time posting this one reply and that's the end of it.

Edit: I'll also waste my time editing this reply too. That just tells you your importance in my heart.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 03-27-2016 at 11:09 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

You got facts wrong there and you got my meaning of my words but somehow you just don't like it, but I am holier than you and this is Monica thread so I will only waste my time posting this one reply and that's the end of it.

Edit: I'll also waste my time editing this reply too. That just tells you your importance in my heart.
    I know you're probably mad at me. But, honestly, I've got no beef with you. And this is the funniest reply I've gotten in a disagreement in awhile. You should lead with, "I'm holier than you."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    He kind of ran the outrage joke into the ground.
    The Captain America one was still quite funny though

Amazing Member

When I first "meet" Captain Marvel in Avengers she was the newbie superhero with awesome powers and potential; she eventually even became the leader of the Avengers but it did not last long and I for one was saddened by the lack of her story line as leader.

Whether it was the editors at Marvel going for a semi-collapse of the Avengers; or the inability to deal with a near-uber character (as Cap M is really powerful - as she was written in the 80s) or the timing of the comic book industry (character rights, big names opening their own company etc) - Marvel really did an injustice by not utilizing a great character to its potential.

Its nice to see Monica back in the comics at her previous mighty powers (not the idiot downgrade she got in the 90s) but I feel she is somewhat overshadowed by her team mates - Black Marvel - is awesomely powerfully and co-leader; Black Panther is the brains and co-leader and has a comic solo; Captain Marvel is powerful and co-leader and has her solo comic - actually any and all of them could lead the Ultimates or any team for that matter... give me a bit more Monica.