Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I doubt that the Valkyrie in the film is Brunhilde. If she is, I'll laugh! They could introduce the one from the film as one of the Valkior -- if there is any interest. I'd rather they make better use of the classic version.

And keep the Norse characters white. I doubt any POC cares about Norse mythology like that. Instead make the Egyptian gods black. Since marvel has many of them And in case anyone is wondering yes the early dynastic periods of Egypt were black even a recent study showed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is a perfect solution.
    Does seem a pretty good idea.

I dislike movie synergy in general - I felt an intense spurt of irritation when they randomly made the Collector like his MCU counterpart in an issue of Deadpool (as if even 0% of the cinema audience would walk away from Guardians thinking, damn, I really wish I could get more of that MCU Collector character in a Deadpool comic ) - but this in contrast is an absolutely fine way of introducing a character inspired by a popular movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

What Bendis did to Serangela's relationship was shameful and Marvel has to work on fixing that first. Setting her up with a new love interest like nothing happened would be such a fucking disservice to her story.

Just pair this new Valkyrie with Brunnhilde and call it a day.
    Please when did this happen? I haven't followed Angela since queen of hel and her appearances in The mighty Thor

Well, Marvel has found its solution in an alternate universe Valkyre: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...lkyrie-comics/

Everybody happy?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Instead make the Egyptian gods black.
    Some are in marvel comics in the 616 universe.
    Of course some egyptian gods in marvel have animal looking heads.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Some are in marvel comics.
    Of course some egyptian gods in marvel have animal looking heads.
    I like what Coates has been doing with them tbh. But back then Marvel use to make them non-black.

Extraordinary Member

I like what Coates has been doing with them tbh. But back then Marvel use to make them non-black.
    Some were black back then too in marvel,and some were not black looking and some had animal looking heads.
    A list was posted about this in another forum a few years ago.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I doubt that the Valkyrie in the film is Brunhilde.
    I'm pretty sure she is, given the actress says that's her name and the merchandise and ancillary stuff featuring the movie Valkyrie still use that name as well.
    https://twitter.com/tessathompson_x/...954113?lang=en

Brunnhilde, shield maiden of Asgard, and leader of the Valkyrior is armed and ready for battle as this Valkyrie Pop! Vinyl Bobble-Head Figure by Funko, inspired by Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok.
    https://www.shopdisney.com/valkyrie-...gnarok-1453109

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Please when did this happen? I haven't followed Angela since queen of hel and her appearances in The mighty Thor
    The Bendis thing? It was in the penultimate issue of his latest Guardians Of The Galaxy series (I think it was issue 18).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, Marvel has found its solution in an alternate universe Valkyre: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...lkyrie-comics/

Everybody happy?
    NO just like with Moon Girl, there are those who take issue with her just existing.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see the thor ragnarok valkyrie brought into the comics, but for me the character was very different to the comics one so should be a different valkyrie

But I really liked her so would like her to be introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Everybody happy?
    im happy, glad they brought her over
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

And keep the Norse characters white. I doubt any POC cares about Norse mythology like that. Instead make the Egyptian gods black. Since marvel has many of them And in case anyone is wondering yes the early dynastic periods of Egypt were black even a recent study showed that.
    That may have been the 35th Dynasty which was successful and a bit more enlightened regarding how they treated people. Unfortunately the Assyrians waged almost continuous warfare on them and eventually ended their reign. I don't remember how long they lasted but it was a relatively short period of time. The written record and much of their building was eradicated and the facade of the main Cairo museum literally skips mention of them and only showed the before and after Dynasties. Not sure if that ever changed. Check out libraries,internet, and elsewhere to get the full scoop. I am only half remembering some of this and I don't want to steer you wrong. The problem with Marvel bringing back any of their Egyptian Gods mostly used in Thor is offending the fundamentalists and ending up as the next Charlie Hebdo.

Lorelei would probably make a good romantic partner for the new Valkyrie for a while. Lorelei hasn't really been seen or used in some years.