Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cosplay in a Cab

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #70 Sep 1982
    "The Great Cloak & Dagger Hunt!" Part 2 of 2. Guest-starring Cloak and Dagger.
    Cloak and Dagger's war on drugs has been going great:

punishing drug dealers and killing Silvermane! However, the young vigilantes are about to learn that the big boys play for keeps!

Are Cloak and Dagger prepared for the new and improved bionic Silvermane? The final showdown takes place in the New York City subway system!

And of course, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is caught in the middle!

Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by Ed Hannigan (breakdowns) and Al Milgrom (finishes).

BANNED

Here's to the people who are going to watch the series in 2018, consisting of 10 episodes, will be enough so that it will lead to a second season!

when is the premiere? this should be highly promoted. There should also be merchandise as well. Lots of merchandise.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

No release date has been announced at this point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when is the premiere? this should be highly promoted. There should also be merchandise as well. Lots of merchandise.
    Yeah, I'm curious about the show and I'm afraid Marvel/Freeform is not doing a very good job at promoting it. They started filming it almost a year ago and wrapped up for quite some time now; we should've gotten an extended trailer, or at least a premiere date by now. As for merch: unfortunately, the TV franchises don't seem to get even half of the merch the movie franchises do, so I'm not expecting much.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-10-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I saw an article that said Freeform wasn't picking up New Warriors now but not sure how accurate that is as I've not see it mentioned elsewhere.
    Still, lack of movement on Cloak & Dagger for which we know there is footage is disturbing. It lends me to giving more credence to the NW report and have me questioning if C&D will ever see an announced start date.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Freeform did not pick up New Warriors because they only have a certain number of new programs, but Marvel was shopping it to someone else. It doesn't mean they have a problem with this.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Freeform may be part of the ASBC/Disney family, but it's kind of like a distant cousin. It kind of moves at its own pace as far as scheduling shows, so I'm not too surprised we haven't heard anything yet about a debut date for Cloak & Dagger. I'd probably get worried if it's not on by this fall, though.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

It premiers June 7th.

June 7 is such a weird "Winter of 2018"

More seriously, though, I'm curious to see exactly what they're changing and what they're keeping the same. I started a Cloak and Dagger read through recently (which I might end up taking a break from since I was worried it would come out any day) and I like their origin story for the most part (there are a few flaws with it, though).

I'm glad they're not making Tandy a saint. I think the flaws in her character, in contrast to the angelic light she radiates, is an important part of her origin.

Indeed a weird premiere date it seams like it won't get a big push. Hopefully they will stay away from the heroine/drug origin because that is a bit messed up and far fetch. It is not realistic and doesn't make story more grounded, real, dark or relevant. Interesting they have switched the stealing aspect of the origin story. I like it since it bit sterotypical it was the black guy stealing from the white girl (or wants to at least). If Dagger/Tandy is still a runaway kid it would also make more sense it she is the one stealing. Don't know if I'm that sold on the show though (loved the classic stories).
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 01-18-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, this date is pretty disappointing for those of us who were expecting a winter premiere. Oh well, better late than never.

As for the scene, I liked it. I'm already sold on Tandy. I like how they reversed the whole robbing thing from the comics. And I'm pretty interested in how they'll portray their powers.

Have lots of drama and character interaction and compelling dialogue. They won't have huge budgets for FX, so make the action truly necessary and not just all over the place. Don't be afraid to downscale their powers at this point. It might disappoint some fans, but Cloak shouldn't be absorbing subway cars at this point.