Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Pro Wrestles than can beat up a Boxer

Can any WWE etc beat up pro boxers at the top of the league? Probably not but I want to get discussion going

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

that is all.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Is this in a boxing match or an anything goes sort of context?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Somebody like peak Lesnar could probably win a large majority against some "top" flyweights. Weight classes exist for a reason.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Hagar depending on how "etc." was meant in OP.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Pro wrestlers? Oof. While certainly in shape and can put their bodies through a lot, I gotta give it to the boxer 9 times out 10. That 1 other time for the rare pro wrestler that actually has experience in a real contact sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pro wrestlers? Oof. While certainly in shape and can put their bodies through a lot, I gotta give it to the boxer 9 times out 10. That 1 other time for the rare pro wrestler that actually has experience in a real contact sport.
    see my answer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Can any WWE etc beat up pro boxers at the top of the league? Probably not but I want to get discussion going
    The problem is that almost every such match that has taken place was carefully choreographed. Some involved such an overwhelming size difference (Big Show vs. Mayweather) that it's obvious who would win for real.

I had heard for years how Andre vs. Wepner was a real match only to finally see it. It was so disappointing. The ending was clearly decided ahead of time. The rest of the match just seemed to be them not being sure what to do so so playing around for a while to drag it out.

Ali vs. Inoki was a real match if you call a guy crawling around on his butt for 15 rounds so his opponent can't hit him and knock him out a real match.

To paraphrase Rocky, the prevailing wisdom is that if the wrestler can get the boxer down on the mat, it's over. True, actually. Just not as easily done as said assuming an equal weight class and remembering that wrestler's weights are very exaggerated.

If you get a Kurt Angle or someone who was a real wrestler, maybe. But even he didn't train to block punches. Prime Hulk Hogan vs. a real World Heavyweight Boxing Champion isn't going to be a Rocky movie. It's going to be Hogan knocked senseless.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The problem is that almost every such match that has taken place was carefully choreographed. Some involved such an overwhelming size difference (Big Show vs. Mayweather) that it's obvious who would win for real.

I had heard for years how Andre vs. Wepner was a real match only to finally see it. It was so disappointing. The ending was clearly decided ahead of time. The rest of the match just seemed to be them not being sure what to do so so playing around for a while to drag it out.

Ali vs. Inoki was a real match if you call a guy crawling around on his butt for 15 rounds so his opponent can't hit him and knock him out a real match.

To paraphrase Rocky, the prevailing wisdom is that if the wrestler can get the boxer down on the mat, it's over. True, actually. Just not as easily done as said assuming an equal weight class and remembering that wrestler's weights are very exaggerated.

If you get a Kurt Angle or someone who was a real wrestler, maybe. But even he didn't train to block punches. Prime Hulk Hogan vs. a real World Heavyweight Boxing Champion isn't going to be a Rocky movie. It's going to be Hogan knocked senseless.
    true.

or if it was minoru suzuki, he'd probably just laugh it off or something.

and yes, i will keep bringing him up because folks here are sleeping on minoru friggin suzuki.

Did he walk off getting shot or repeatedly chopped with katana? Because I can keep bringing up Hagar too.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Did he walk off getting shot or repeatedly chopped with katana? Because I can keep bringing up Hagar too.
    i'll do you one better.

he's in "one piece"

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'll do you one better.

he's in "one piece"
    Well... If he took a hit from anything in that, then he's probably more crazy than what Hagar went through. I've heard One Piece is pretty up there on power level.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well... If he took a hit from anything in that, then he's probably more crazy than what Hagar went through. I've heard One Piece is pretty up there on power level.
    knowing suzuki, if he took a punch from whitebeard, he would laugh in his face and say "i want more!"

seriously, minoru suzuki is the scariest man in pro wrestling. like i would not want to wrestle him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    knowing suzuki, if he took a punch from whitebeard, he would laugh in his face and say "i want more!"

seriously, minoru suzuki is the scariest man in pro wrestling. like i would not want to wrestle him.
    Slight problem; he's not a pure pro-wrestler. He has a long history of MMA too. So, kind of hard to put him in the same category as say, Hulk Hogan and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Slight problem; he's not a pure pro-wrestler. He has a long history of MMA too. So, kind of hard to put him in the same category as say, Hulk Hogan and what not.
    so any wrestler with any kind of outside training besides pro wrestling can't be counted as a "pure" pro wrestler?