Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Illyana will be leading a new team of "monstrous mutants" called the Dark Riders in May.

https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...-the-man-thing

“It all comes together with X-MEN: CURSE OF THE MAN-THING, and I can’t wait for you all to see it! Andrea Broccardo’s work bringing to life not just Man-Thing and his new nemesis Harrower, but Krakoa’s iconic Magik and her team of Dark Riders has been nothing short of sensational,” Orlando said. “Regrown from nearly nothing, Man-Thing has returned to celebrate his 50th anniversary with a focus and intensity like we’ve never seen. Maybe he can stop the world from burning, but the real final showdown will be between him and the supernatural zealot that hijacked his powers: Harrower. Luckily, he’ll have help in the form of Magik, intent on repaying a debt the Marvel Universe never knew was owed until now. Monster Mutant Mayhem as Man-Thing’s 50th reaches its climax!”
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 02-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Illyana will be leading a new team of "monstrous mutants" called the Dark Riders in May.

Why does this seem like it's another bad Inferno knock-off?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why does this seem like it's another bad Inferno knock-off?
    Now that you mention it, there was an obscure follow-up to Inferno that revolved around some sort of nexus of realities being in the Florida Everglades. Maybe Magik's "debt" has something to do with that. Very unlikely especially since she wasn't in that story at all, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

Yeah I don't get the inferno vibes?
    It does seem like a very fun team tho! I'm excited.

Extraordinary Member

Mammomax, Wolf Cub, Marrow, Shark Girl, Forearm.

Extraordinary Member

Illyana has a small but interesting appearance in Wolverine: Black White, and Blood #3 today. Apparently she's "very busy and very popular."

Illyana has a small but interesting appearance in Wolverine: Black White, and Blood #3 today. Apparently she's "very busy and very popular."
    Well, she is one of the Krakoan Captains, helps around with Strange Academy, does stuff with the New mutants... but also, it felt really playful like I was not sure if she was really busy or if she was just fucking around with Wolverine, as in: "I don't wanna waste time with you, old man. I have stuff to do for myself."

But it's also possible she was busy being a Magik Uber or doing Krakoan stuff/dr strange favors
    Last edited by lunarmagik; 02-10-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thinking about the reasons Illyana might have for picking these particular mutants for her Dark Riders, i had to imagine she picked Marrow after they had fun singing Katuysha while drunk at the Green Lagoon (with a grumpy Beast shaking his fist angrily).
    Note: I made that up, it didn't happen in any series yet.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-13-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Incredible Member

It didn't seem 'small' to me: three solid pages including two excellent conversations and some physical humor.

Actually, I thought the Wolverine: Black, White, and Red #3 was her best appearance this calendar year.

BANNED

Looks good. Can't wait for it.

Who wants to share the Illyana panels from Wolverine: Black, White, & Blood?

Thank you!