Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Also, she holds a position no other Krakoa X-Men mutant does, as a sorcereress.
    Well, “good mutant” anyway if we don’t count others like Selene.
    Forge and Pixie have left the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What is with all these new x-teams only have one or two women on them?
    Isn't it three women...and three men?
    Marrow, SG and Magik; Forearm, Mammomax and Wolf Cub.

edited.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-09-2021 at 06:17 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Isn't it three women...and three men?
    Pixie, SG and Magik; Forearm, Mammomax and Wolf Cub.
    Yep, a pretty balanced team in that regard.

Small correction. That's Marrow not Pixie. For some weird reason the cover artist picked her hellfire club outfit she was wearing for 4 pages during Rosenbergs Uncanny X-men, which i would have hoped to never see again.
    Maybe the interior artists picked something else, like an updated version of her X-men blue era design, but chances are that's how she will look in story too, regardless of how odd it looks on the character.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-09-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Reading this for Marrow.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mammomax? ForeArm? LMAO!!

Only picking this up for Marrow and Magik.

Also they need to these more often and not cheap out on the art team.
    "Cable was right!"

I will definitely be checking this out!! I feel like Martha and Glob would be perfect additions.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I will definitely be checking this out!! I feel like Martha and Glob would be perfect additions.
    We've been eating Glob sandwiches since 2015.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We've been eating Glob sandwiches since 2015.
    Just saying and floating brain and see through man would go well with this cast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Just saying and floating brain and see through man would go well with this cast.
    If we go by simply physical freakish lookin mutants there could have been a lot more they could have picked over Glob, like half the Morlocks (Meme alone would have added a whole different freakish factor), any additional Gene Nation mutant (Hemmingway, Membrain, Fever Pitch, heck they could have even used Iron Maiden in place of Marrow) or several others of the Morrison/New X-men era students from the Institute.

Btw. While it will likely not play much of a role in story, i noticed that the team is relative weak in terms of "mutant technology" since only Magik has powers that can metaphysical synergize with other meta powers and besides her only Marrow's powers allow for some creative application (Mammomax has acid spit if i remember right, but the applications for that are relative limited). The rest of the team are 3 animal humanoids and a four armed guy with super strength.
    So unless we count Mammomax and Forarm throwing other members around like a human catapult they are a pretty "blunt" team. Which raises my concern everyone except Magik is just fodder who are gone halfway through the story.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-09-2021 at 01:38 PM.

You know i just realized....the one thing this team has in common is their probem to manage....hmmm....anger and strong emotions, (they are essenitally a team of coked up nicholas cage essentially)...aaanddd we all know what you get when Man-thing get too close to strong emotions.
    This gonna be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So unless we count Mammomax and Forarm throwing other members around like a human catapult they are a pretty "blunt" team. Which raises my concern everyone except Magik is just fodder who are gone halfway through the story.
    Their competency as a team will be entirely dependent on how Orlando chooses to write them. Even mutants whose powers have limitless applications will be useless if the writing portrays them that way. Considering that Magik has a reputation as a brawler, maybe the mission will just be a good ol' fashioned hack-and-slash, no power synergy necessary.

I’m shipping a Magik +marrow

Wow Marvel is really putting Steve Orlando to work. It’s an interesting squad, I wouldn’t mind if they became a reoccurring team.[/QUOTE]

Me too!! IIRC we haven't seen Mammomax in a while, right? And I'm always down for Magik in a starring role!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Marvel wants a familiar face to draw readers. I'd rather it be her than either Cable or Wolverine.
    Exactly. They could've easily used Logan to lead a team like this and I'm certainly glad they're not going in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    One step closer to a Magik ongoing.

Let’s face it. Out of the New Mutants, she’s most likely to get an ongoing.

Also, she holds a position no other Krakoa X-Men mutant does, as a sorcereress.
    And she also holds the elite position of Captain! I'd love to see a Magik ongoing but I doubt that'll happen because...

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's a 1-shot, but it's also the final issue of 3. March and April will have Spider-Man and Avengers 1-shots with Man-Thing which will serve as the beginning and middle of the story, with this X-Men 1-shot serving as the climax and end. It's their celebration of the character's 50th anniversary.
    So it is pretty unlikely this will lead to anything X-Men or Magik centric. I think it'd be more likely that we'd get a Man Thing ongoing, if these three issues sell well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    -Some X-men fans are silly, I wish this character gets screen time. A character gets screen time and becomes popular. No, you are too popular now and taking screen time away from other characters
    - I am loving the growth of Magik to A-list character, I am happy there is a new character on the list with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc that you expect can carry a team concept
    Amen!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Their competency as a team will be entirely dependent on how Orlando chooses to write them. Even mutants whose powers have limitless applications will be useless if the writing portrays them that way.
    That's true and i actualy doubt there is too much to worry about on why Orlando picked these character.

Power syngery has so far not been a major factor in how teams are essembled anyway. Being more an old gimick they gave a fancy name recently. However i still notice that the team is light on metaphysical powers, despite the large scale access the writers have to characters with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Considering that Magik has a reputation as a brawler, maybe the mission will just be a good ol' fashioned hack-and-slash, no power synergy necessary.
    I mentioned it before, i think it would fit her if she assmbled the whole team on a fly and just from who ever she encountered on the way to a gate.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I’m shipping a Magik +marrow
    Finding common ground in having grown up in horrible dimensions where time moved at a faster pace than in the normal world?

Though then again that was original Magik's backstory, this one is a different person from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Finding common ground in having grown up in horrible dimensions where time moved at a faster pace than in the normal world?

Though then again that was original Magik's backstory, this one is a different person from that.

Pretty sure current Illyana remembers everything she went through with Belasco, she just doesn't remember dying of the mutant disease thing as a child, cuz that was not her.

But apart from that I totally agree Magik and Marrow should hook up, I think Magik would find her mutation kinda cool tbh.