Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

It's not related. This is a world where the Squadron Supreme are the main superheroes. Everyone else either has no powers or has their backstory DC-ified. For example, Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man, he's Hyperion's Pal, the Amazing Shutterbug... i.e. a newspaper photographer like Jimmy Olsen (and like Peter was originally when he first became Spidey). Kamala Khan isn't Ms. Marvel, because Carol never unlocked her powers. Instead, she's Power Princess's sidekick Girl Power, an expy of Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark. The Champions still exist, but they're called Young Squadron. Miles and Sam have different identities as well, Falcon (Nighthawk's sidekick i.e. Robin) and Kid Spectrum (Doctor Spectrum's sidekick i.e. Teen Lantern). In the case of Siege Society, you can see that Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff and Scott Lang all never became heroes because Iron Man (and in Scott's case, Hank Pym as well) wasn't around for them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Issue 2 was pretty decent. I liked the obscure characters showing up like Figment(who I had to wiki to find she had appeared once in a She-Hulk comic from 2004) but that doesn't bode well for em either.

Fear ignoring Bushman was p funny considering I believe theyve worked together quite a bit.

The masks were on for far too short of time. It's such a strange characterization for Tasky given his mask can emote and whatnot.

Astonishing Member

I wish this artist had more space to show Knullified character designs. That deer was hilarious.

And this event so far seems out to check every worst case scenario box I can think of for deciding to bring Sentry back, after just getting damseled in the Valkyries book.

But we'll see how much Norman's plan makes a difference.

Incredible Member

The KiB tie-in is making me a fan of Batroc. Really feeling his general counternance and vibe.

Wouldn't mind a mini-series of his shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    The KiB tie-in is making me a fan of Batroc. Really feeling his general counternance and vibe.

You should check out his supporting role in Unbelievable Gwenpool too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Same. I always thought he was lame before.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

No one should underestimate the charm of Batroc the Leaper .

Fantastic Member

Batroc is best boi for sure, and yeah Unbelievable Gwenpool is def his best appearance

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You should check out his supporting role in Unbelievable Gwenpool too!
    Yeah? Thanks.
    Will def look into this.

The 1997 Thunderbolts (sans those horrid "Oh, let's make it about Wrestling!" issues) was some of the best stuff in a long, long time.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The 1997 Thunderbolts (sans those horrid "Oh, let's make it about Wrestling!" issues) was some of the best stuff in a long, long time.
    What was up with changing the theme to wrestling? That was a huge editorial blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    In agreement with you about classic T-Bolts. It had a great start, but got even better when Hawkeye took charge...

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What was up with changing the theme to wrestling? That was a huge editorial blunder.
    I know, right?! One of the more whimsical decisions in comic-book history (IMHO):

Astonishing Member

The blunder was giving that book the "Thunderbolts" name--and numbering! If the super-villain wrestling book had launched as issue #1 of its own series, rather than as THUNDERBOLTS #76, it would likely be viewed in an entirely different light--and may have been more successful.

But the fact that it had no connection at all to the existing T-Bolts characters (except Man-Killer) alienated the T-Bolts fans, and the fact that it was labelled as #76 of an ongoing series did nothing to make it seem accessible to new readers who may have been interested in the concept.

Because... Marvel likes to fook up great things. That's my only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about classic T-Bolts. It had a great start, but got even better when Hawkeye took charge...
    I did enjoy Hawkeye coming on board (because I was a fan of him in Avengers - and followed him into West Coast Avengers). I did feel like he started taking too much of the spotlight, and the other characters became supporting characters to Hawkeye and Moonstone; which was a bit of a shame, because my attraction to the series was these villains getting some real development - rather than just being a "bad guy of the month" in a given super hero title.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Wrestling? What are you people talking about? This must have been during the time I stopped collecting.

That pic of Hawkeye just reminds me of how much I love Bagley art.