Page 143 of 774 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 11598

I admit I was hoping for some 11th hour big bad reveal that would be manipulating and exploiting Wanda's grief, therefore partially absolving Wanda of her crimes. (Sarah begging Wanda to free her daughter was exceptionally dark.) The costume was great though, and I thought how Wanda defeated Agatha as well as the "punishment" was clever. And everything with Vision was great. Overall though, I was a tad disappointed, since Agatha and Hayward's motivations seemed the most basic "bad guy" type of villainy. My opinion might change after watching the episodes all back to back, like one complete "film."

So who was Jimmy Woo's missing witness in the hex?
    Last edited by Vegeta; 03-05-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I admit I was hoping for some 11th hour big bad reveal that would be manipulating and exploiting Wanda's grief, therefore partially absolving Wanda of her crimes. (Sarah begging Wanda to free her daughter was exceptionally dark.) The costume was great though, and I thought how Wanda defeated Agatha as well as the "punishment" was clever. And everything with Vision was great. Overall though, I was a tad disappointed, since Agatha and Harvard's motivations seemed the most basic "bad guy" type of villainy. My opinion might change after watching the episodes all back to back, like one complete "film."

So who was Jimmy Woo's missing witness in the hex?
    I'm guessing it was Ralph.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Shame to hear you are taking a break. But sadly I can't blame you, it looks like Wanda will never be allowed to be a hero and be happy.
    I think if Wanda were being used in the comics I wouldn't mind the ending of her show so much. But it doesn't look like anything is happening that will put an end to her being unused/demonized in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, I found it disappointing. I don't even mind the story they were telling about Wanda, I just feel that the mystery structure worked against it. They spent all this time teasing spoilers:
    that maybe it wasn't Wanda's fault, or maybe she didn't know what was going on, or that there was more to the story... and in the end it turned out that everything was the simplest possible explanation: Wanda created the Hex when her powers went out of control, she was torturing everyone in the town and fooling herself into thinking they were happy, and she had to let Vision and the boys go when she could no longer be in denial. Fine... but because they kept that a mystery for so long, Wanda was mostly seen from the outside. Even Agatha mentioned in the next-to-last episode that it was hard to know who Wanda really was because she kept play-acting at everything.

I knew she would probably wind up alone again at the end, but I was hoping she would get to grow a little bit. I think the creators weren't lying when they said this would be a coming-of-age story, because they thought she would grow enough by embracing her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. But it just wasn't enough. All she's learned is that she's so dangerous she has to hide away from the world.
    end of spoilers

Maybe they thought they could end the show on this note because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out a couple of months later, so they didn't need to tie up Wanda's story. But even if Strange 2 had happened as scheduled I'd find this unsatisfying.

I guess I'm going to have to accept at this point that the way I want Wanda written is probably not going to happen, in comics or in other media. Maybe if something good happens to her in the MCU or the comics I'll come back, but for now I think I'm just going to have to stop following her, because I couldn't enjoy the show for worrying what they might do to her, and I can't look forward to the next Doctor Strange movie because I worry about what they might do to her there. To be fair to the MCU, Elizabeth Olsen has done an incredible job portraying her and I think she really does understand and love the character. But I also think the writers just don't see her as a true hero and maybe they never will.

I hope this doesn't depress anyone who liked the episode, and it wasn't exactly bad. But I think being a Scarlet Witch fan genuinely isn't good for me and I'd better just stop posting here for a while, at least until the character's future is decided one way or another.

I appreciate everyone who posts here and we know that the character is great no matter what the writers put her through. But I just think I have to accept that if I keep following the character I'll always be depressed at what might happen to her. And that's my problem, not the writers', but I'd better just let it go for a while and stop being so invested in what happens to her next.

Thanks for everything; this has been one of the best fandom communities I've ever been a part of. Wanda is such a great character -- I have to go not because she's been "ruined," she hasn't, but because I just spend too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying.
    Jeeze, never thought anyone would quit before me, I had exactly the same thought process when this show first aired, but the ending gave me hope somehow.(Maybe I am just too blinded by the elements I wanted.)
    Anyway, take care of yourself and find something that actually makes you happy, and when you may return someday, remember there are always going to be people here who are gonna share that miserable feeling along with you.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-05-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I think if Wanda were being used in the comics I wouldn't mind the ending of her show so much. But it doesn't look like anything is happening that will put an end to her being unused/demonized in the comics.
    Well the Darkhold comic that's planned finally has some meaning.

Anyone noticed that the post credits scene looked different, i don't know how to explain it, some people suggested that maybe Raimi filmed it like Whedon filmed the post credits of Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Anyone noticed that the post credits scene looked different, i don't know how to explain it, some people suggested that maybe Raimi filmed it like Whedon filmed the post credits of Winter Soldier
    I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that scene was directly pulled from Dr Strange.

I can't blame anyone for feeling this broken by all the things they've put Wanda through. Especially with her status in comics having been so bad for so many years now. But her journey isn't yet done in the MCU. The director mentioned this being the start. I don't think they are making her a villain. Just giving her a complicated path to learning to hone and control her powers. Hopefully they give her more heroic moments and have her back in comics. I've stopped reading comics because what's the use?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I can't blame anyone for feeling this broken by all the things they've put Wanda through. Especially with her status in comics having been so bad for so many years now. But her journey isn't yet done in the MCU. The director mentioned this being the start. I don't think they are making her a villain. Just giving her a complicated path to learning to hone and control her powers. Hopefully they give her more heroic moments and have her back in comics. I've stopped reading comics because what's the use?
    I want to see some heroic moments in MoM. But I hope she also acknowledges the damage she's caused.

I don't want her to be a villain.

Honestly if Wanda has a role like Black Widow did in Winter Soldier or Valkyria in Thor, i would be very happy, that's all i want.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Honestly if Wanda has a role like Black Widow did in Winter Soldier or Valkyria in Thor, i would be very happy, that's all i want.
    i suspect it'll be something like that in MoM but a bit more plot-intensive

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I want to see some heroic moments in MoM. But I hope she also acknowledges the damage she's caused.

I don't want her to be a villain.
    Same here. But not counting on Marvel to take damage heroes do responsibly. They have a bad track record. They tend to just ignore it's severity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Same here. But not counting on Marvel to take damage heroes do responsibly. They have a bad track record. They tend to just ignore it's severity.
    That's unfortunate. I thought Civil War was trying to do that

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Also before I go I want to thank CJStriker in particular for keeping this thread so upbeat and optimistic and full of love for the character. Please keep on being that way and I hope my pessimism hasn't depressed you or anyone. Wanda deserves love and optimism, and whatever may happen to her in the future, the love that fans have for her is finding its way around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Shame to hear you are taking a break. But sadly I can't blame you, it looks like Wanda will never be allowed to be a hero and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Jeeze, never thought anyone would quit before me, I had exactly the same thought process when this show first aired, but the ending gave me hope somehow.(Maybe I am just too blinded by the elements I wanted.)
    Anyway, take care of yourself and find something that actually makes you happy, and when you may return someday, remember there are always going to be people here who are gonna share that miserable feeling along with you.
    Sorry I’m writing this from IPhone.

Sorry I’ve not been on today yet, I had to going into work today and it will be awhile Till I might be able to post My Thoughts, but indeed as like the odd person I am I have different views on this and hopefully they will put things in better lights for you, Especially Gurkle.

I don’t want to lose any of you, and I hope any of my posts that might come down the line will help you out, I will try my best, but you know me.

Love, Peace and Honor to You all, will talk soon and I hope you all get this message.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's unfortunate. I thought Civil War was trying to do that
    It seemed like so until they dropped everything to chase down Bucky.