Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1313
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Brace for incoming Jason Aaron Namor appearance.

I hear he shows up briefly in Avengers 50 today, with She-Hulk saving the day. Definitely not worth $10 I imagine, especially with the non-Namor panels I've seen at Bleeding Cool, but may be worth a flip through at the LCBS. Then again, it is Aaron. ;p
    I have the pages he appears in posted in this thread Here, if you want to see them, I am not looking forward to this era of Namor comics. I need him off Avengers ASAP.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Anyone here collect graded Subby issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I have the pages he appears in posted in this thread Here, if you want to see them, I am not looking forward to this era of Namor comics. I need him off Avengers ASAP.
    Namor looks like he's barely of age to drink in this art. Jen looks great though. Namor's appearance fluctuates SO damn much in modern comics, to a distracting degree.

The sorry state of Namor's writing a character art not even worth getting upset over anymore. This is just how they treat Namor in the current era of Marvel.
    Last edited by Doombot; 12-01-2021 at 06:33 PM.

I love Namor so much, this art is great

by Justin Holton

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Namor looks like he's barely of age to drink in this art. Jen looks great though. Namor's appearance fluctuates SO damn much in modern comics, to a distracting degree.

The sorry state of Namor's writing a character art not even worth getting upset over anymore. This is just how they treat Namor in the current era of Marvel.
    Yeah, in the last couple years he has had so many different looks/face structures etc. I know I shouldn't be upset over Aaron writing Namor but it's so frustrating because I love the character so much and want better writing or him.

Yeah, in the last couple years he has had so many different looks/face structures etc. I know I shouldn't be upset over Aaron writing Namor but it's so frustrating because I love the character so much and want better writing or him.
    I completely understand, but I'm so numb to it now, I don't even expect Namor appearances to be anything other than disappointing. It's sad, but that's where we're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I know everyone here hates Jason Aaron and I confess I also don't like many of the stuff he does but Thor and Namor in the same Avengers roster is not something common. They were active members together briefly in the 80s under Stern or was it Simonson? As a Thor fan to me this is exciting plus Jane Foster is a character very dear to me and like Dorma with Namor I've always been shipping for her and Thor. Not Namor related but I gotta sound off about Marvel.com having a big new feature on Thor on their website with multiple pages dedicated to him and using pictures from the MCU. Check it out: https://www.marvel.com/characters/thor-thor-odinson/
    You're absolutely correct! It was both under Stern & Simonson (XD)

Roger Stern

Walt Simonson
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-02-2021 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Dear god. This is worse than I thought it would be. This isn't a boat load of crap. This is a Death Star load of crap. I've moved beyond annoyed to mad. I'm so mad, I can't even rant properly!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Jason Aaron has "shook things up" for sure with all of the characters, many times to the dismay of fans, but sometimes giving an interesting take. I think Marvel likes what he planned and allows him to do what he wants.

I also like Namor and Thor on the same team. It is rare to see and I want them to explore all of the commonalities they have, rather than fight like they have so many times in the past.

But of course my favorite thing about Jason Aaron is this quote of a good pal of mine---who gave it to me over 1 year ago and which means a lot---"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."
    LOL, well you deserve it buddy. Always good natured and zen, a positive force, you should be able to rein the Phoenix.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Dear god. This is worse than I thought it would be. This isn't a boat load of crap. This is a Death Star load of crap. I've moved beyond annoyed to mad. I'm so mad, I can't even rant properly!
    I feel your pain. I think at this point we have to accept that Marvel editorial is just letting popular writers interpret characters as they want. Aaron made Thor into a title that anyone could wear and made Jane Foster more skilled with the hammer than Thor, Odin a drunk and a bunch of other things that I hate. He made Jane Foster pretty popular though. I honestly still haven't read his Thor run, I started the god butcher saga which has great art, read the first two issues and stopped but I still intend to finish it all. Meanwhile I started Journey into Mystery with #83 and went thru the entire Lee Kirby Thor beginning of this year nonstop. I intend to check out Aaron's Avengers because of this lineup that I love so much but those pages IW linked are discouraging. Namor's treatment is dreadful.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

I've seen my Atlantean brothers and sisters suffer year after year waiting for crumbs from Marvel. We have gotten denied our claims for a Namor ongoing time after time but I say no more! My fellow water breathers! Imperius Rex! So let me gift you the following excerpt from this two chapter 138 total pages Namor fan-fiction adventure that I was able to finish this past May 14th after tortuously shedding blood and tears flexing my creative muscles to the point of breakage and exhaustion. And so I expose my art freely in this forum, for you to love and cherish or hate and ignore; leaving me feeling as exposed as Namor in his speedos but doesn't matter because for you my fellow Atlanteans I would endure that and more. So without further ado here is my Christmas gift, the first of several that I will post daily as my 24 days of Namor Christmas while we wait for Jason Aaron to further destroy our Atlantean prince.

Chapter 2 Page 42 from "The Dissection of King Namor"

I've seen my Atlantean brothers and sisters suffer year after year waiting for crumbs from Marvel. We have gotten denied our claims for a Namor ongoing time after time but I say no more! My fellow water breathers! Imperius Rex! So let me gift you the following excerpt from this two chapter 138 total pages Namor fan-fiction adventure that I was able to finish this past May 14th after tortuously shedding blood and tears flexing my creative muscles to the point of breakage and exhaustion. And so I expose my art freely in this forum, for you to love and cherish or hate and ignore; leaving me feeling as exposed as Namor in his speedos but doesn't matter because for you my fellow Atlanteans I would endure that and more. So without further ado here is my Christmas gift, the first of several that I will post daily as my 24 days of Namor Christmas while we wait for Jason Aaron to further destroy our Atlantean prince.

Great minds think a like! I just started the Advent calendar thread up again, I was so mad at Aaron.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...dvent-Calendar

And thank you for sharing your fan-fiction! Amazing work! I don't believe Lady Dorma, either. LOL!

Uhn, wait. The DISSECTION???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Anyone here collect graded Subby issues?

I have thus far avoided that money trap.

I think Subby1939 might collect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The raising of Atlantis. I >sort of< remember. But I remember something from FF Annuals, crossing over with Atlantis or Attilan?

That art was beautiful, that you posted, by the way.
    The Mukesh Singh art? Yes, I LOVE that book of his. It's Morrison's take on The Mahabharata. There's a comic version which isn't as pretty, but Singh's art was done as concept art for an animated or tv series, IIRC, that sadly never happened.

Yes, they cancelled Namor's 90s book in the middle of an event with Morgan Le Fay and the Inhumans and the FF --- and I think the Avengers got involved at one point. So they finished it in a couple of issues called Atlantis Rising, as well as those other issues you mentioned, and I think FF Unlimited. It has actually been collected in a trade paperback called Atlantis Rising.

LOL, well you deserve it buddy. Always good natured and zen, a positive force, you should be able to rein the Phoenix.
    Thank you for the kind and gentile words which are appreciated. I strive to maintain a unique bond hosting the Phoenix and thus far have indeed been able to reign in this ancient cosmic force. In response to that new Phoenix writing by Jason, I may have let out a few energy blasts near Maya which is why Aaron thought Echo became the next host. This is not true.

As always, I love it! Especially all of the little details like Namor sticking out his tongue, the zebra eel, the seahorses by Namor's feet and even the shiny gold. I also love the shadow of a beard on Namor. He just has not arisen from his clam-bed yet to shave, lol!

Absolutely perfect! I love your work. You could do some great looking other Marvel characters I am sure like Wonder Man, Thor, and even Phoenix IX!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-02-2021 at 04:48 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!