View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1099 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 9959999910491089109510961097109810991100110111021103110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Vision... Sheriff of Babylon... Grayson... Omega Men... all in the "good" to "great" range. It's really only his Batman that's failed to impress me. And the difference in quality (imho) is jarring.

But you are correct; his praises is nearly unanimous everywhere else. I dared criticize "The War of Jokes & Riddles" at my LCS a few months ago - the pitchforks and torches came out almost immediately! Lol!
    Yeah, theres no doubt hes done better work before. But my own issue is how DC is presenting him as this amazing writer currently, when its no where near the level of what it once was. I read first 3 issues of his Mr.Miracle, and its decent, but there's a lot of wasted pages and panels. I have no idea why, seeing as it does nothing for effect. I also got his Swamp Thing Winter Special. A decent enough story with amazing art. The idea was good, but the execution fell completely flat. I'm not trying to bash him either. I'm just really frustrated with the current state of comics. I'll keep kissing Abnetts... Feet, on Aquaman though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm just really frustrated with the current state of comics. I'll keep kissing Abnetts... Feet, on Aquaman though.
    Abnett has been pretty silently crafting a great Aquaman run, including the Mera mini series. It really took off with issue 25.

My top current series are Aquaman, Flash (Flash War is great so far), Hal Jordan (Venditti's last arc is one of the strongest ones), & Red Hood and the Outlaws for DC. Loved Super Sons but it's currently on a break.
    And Marvel 2-in One, Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man, Old Man Hawkeye, and Venom for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Abnett has been pretty silently crafting a great Aquaman run, including the Mera mini series. It really took off with issue 25.

My top current series are Aquaman, Flash (Flash War is great so far), Hal Jordan (Venditti's last arc is one of the strongest ones), & Red Hood and the Outlaws for DC. Loved Super Sons but it's currently on a break.
    And Marvel 2-in One, Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man, Old Man Hawkeye, and Venom for Marvel.
    I dropped Flash after the first grade...it gets better? I need to continue HJ&GLC, the first grade was decent. Been loving GLs and Red Hood as well. I'm very excited for more Fantastic Four from Marvel.

I tried searching for this but didn't find anything: Does anyone know if the reading order in the Byrne Man of Steel tpbs is correct? Starting volume 2 now but it doesn't alternate between Superman/Action/Adventures for January, for instance. It's just three Superman issues consecutively, and so on.

Should I just jump back and forth or read it the way they printed it?

Spectacular Member

I dropped Flash after the first grade...it gets better? I need to continue HJ&GLC, the first grade was decent. Been loving GLs and Red Hood as well. I'm very excited for more Fantastic Four from Marvel.
    I'm a big Flash fan so I would read pretty much any run. But as a whole the run isn't strong. It definitely has strong arcs. The current one FLASH WAR so far looks to be one of the best, especially if you're a fan of Mark Waid's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I tried searching for this but didn't find anything: Does anyone know if the reading order in the Byrne Man of Steel tpbs is correct? Starting volume 2 now but it doesn't alternate between Superman/Action/Adventures for January, for instance. It's just three Superman issues consecutively, and so on.

This is exactly why I said it was such a rough experience. Particularly wherever the Adventures of Superman issues are. They have nothing to do with what Byrne was doing in Superman or Action, but are placed randomly between Superman issues. Especially jarring because Byrne didn't draw them.

Edit- apparently Byrne takes over ADVENTURES after a while but I haven't gotten there yet. Byrne's SUPERMAN title seems to be my favorite stuff and wish he was just doing the one title. It could have been like his run on Fantastic Four, one title one vision.
    Last edited by ArthurCurry; 07-03-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post

Those books can be a bit confusing.

It's been awhile since I've read them, but if I remember correctly, some volumes appear to be in chronological release order while others are in reading order. However, I don't think you'll be too lost regardless of how you read them.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Here's the table of contents for the Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus...I don't remember seeing anyone post it yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Here's the table of contents for the Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus...I don't remember seeing anyone post it yet.
    How's the binding on the book?
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 07-03-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: taking pics out

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Are you saying you haven't read Flash since elementary school, or do we have an auto-correct situation on our hands?

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Are you saying you haven't read Flash since elementary school, or do we have an auto-correct situation on our hands?
    I’m sure both instances of “grade” should read “trade.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I’m sure both instances of “grade” should read “trade.”
    That is exactly what happened. I'm not going to edit it because its so hilarious.

But yes, the first Rebirth trade was decent, but I never bothered to pick any more up.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post

Do you have the book?

How are the Ra's issues handled? Do we have a recap page for the other crossover issues?

Finally finished the 1st volume of Absolute Sandman. Its pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking quite yet, but it feels.pretty obvious all this was ground work for what's to come. And origin story. Still, really enjoyed it, and I really nees to get the next one.

that reminds me of how annoying it is that Infinite Crisis Omnibus doesnt have a table of contents.

also the clown at midnight - maybe the worst comic issue of all time?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    How's the binding on the book?
    Picked it up today, binding is fine, no issue.