Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I have no positivity after announced Blue and Gold(

I am so dissapointed

BANNED

I like the lineups and the creators. It does feel a bit samey with EXM/ANXM lineup wise though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    They're the worst selling team book currently and aren't doing any better than other more recent teen books (New X-Men, Generation Hope, Wolverine and The X-Men) have historically. Without the luster of being a Bendis flagship to drive sales the title isn't a top seller and could be any group of teens and maintain these sales probably.

Personally I think more integration is in order. Bring in some other teens like Hope, Pixie, Quire, etc, and write out some like Warren (he's really dead weight), Laura (has her own series), etc to make room.
    Dude
    32 K at issue 15 with a lackluster cast, lackluster creative team, lackluster plot and consider the fact that EXM only sells 37k is more than a testament of the strength of the O5 as a brand... ANXM is a consistent and decent seller without anything good about it. Now imagine em with a good writer, A list cast and enough promotion and you got a high seller the O5 are here to stay, deal with it

I like the lineups and the creators. It does feel a bit samey with EXM/ANXM lineup wise though.
    A little, but it was never really about the roster to me. More so the creative teams and direction. Cullen Bunn gets me excited. Them all together and Magneto as part of them, even more so. The roster may be similar but not the situation.

They're the worst selling team book currently
    Uncanny and ExMen are also having all times low sales for X-Men flagship team books.

Have to look at the whole context here, not really fair to just look at a single book in isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Uncanny and ExMen are also having all times low sales for X-Men flagship team books.

Have to look at the whole context here, not really fair to just look at a single book in isolation.
    Considering they all sold so well before. It was the poor writing and direction that brought them down.

Since Rachel Grey now has a new code name{lol Prestige}, it got me thinking maybe it's time Laura gets one of her own. Let's see if she can sell on her own merit as a character rather than the "Wolverine" name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Since Rachel Grey now has a new code name{lol Prestige}, it got me thinking maybe it's time Laura gets one of her own. Let's see if she can sell on her own merit as a character rather than the "Wolverine" name.
    Wolverine is her name. She's a legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Wolverine is her name. She's a legacy.
    She's a Wolverine as of now, but who will she be in say 5 years. I imagine the original will be back well before that time, but what will become of her then? It would be naive to think she's gonna be Wolverine permanently. Other replacement characters always had their own identity to fall back on once the original returned, but what does she has to return to? I'd be disappointed if she went back to the X-23 name, that'd be some steps backwards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    She's a Wolverine as of now, but who will she be in say 5 years. I imagine the original will be back well before that time, but what will become of her then? It would be naive to think she's gonna be Wolverine permanently. Other replacement characters always had their own identity to fall back on once the original returned, but what does she has to return to? I'd be disappointed if she went back to the X-23 name, that'd be some steps backwards.
    If she ever relinquishes the Wolverine name, she should start using Talon. But yeah, you'd think she wouldn't want to continue using X-23 since it was given to her to dehumanize her.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I have no positivity after announced Blue and Gold(

I am so dissapointed
    Me too, Purp. Me too.

Hopefully Weapon X and Iceman are exciting because this news is kind of tough to be positive about.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    A little, but it was never really about the roster to me. More so the creative teams and direction. Cullen Bunn gets me excited. Them all together and Magneto as part of them, even more so. The roster may be similar but not the situation.
    A good enough writer can make nearly any cast interesting. Before Peter David took over X-Factor, I'm not sure how many people would have said they were excited for his roster. After he did his magic people say something else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Me too, Purp. Me too.

Hopefully Weapon X and Iceman are exciting because this news is kind of tough to be positive about.
    At least it seems that Iceman solo will be about old Bobby. It is good. I am tired of O5

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    At least it seems that Iceman solo will be about old Bobby. It is good. I am tired of O5
    Agreed. I want to read about Adult Bobby because he's the one I grew up reading.

Here's a positive note... my lack of enthusiasm between Blue and Gold will allow me to keep reading Mercs for Money and other books I'm more interested in.

So it seems the teasers were pretty literal so maybe Emma Frost actually DOES go back to teaching kids, which would be great.