All-New Member

Default Flash Gordon best print

Im interested reading Flash gordon and since i never have chance to see it and i want to buy throght interent, i wonder among collect it by IDW and Titan and Dark Horse which of them have best print quality (better color, resolution...)?
    (Some say IDW better print than Titan)

And thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by milon View Post
    Im interested reading Flash gordon and since i never have chance to see it and i want to buy throght interent, i wonder among collect it by IDW and Titan and Dark Horse which of them have best print quality (better color, resolution...)?
    (Some say IDW better print than Titan)

And thank you for answering.
    This video might help you decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw-24OsACo

The Dark Horse books collect totally different content than Titan & IDW- they reprint the various comic book series rather than the newspaper strips.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    This video might help you decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw-24OsACo

The Dark Horse books collect totally different content than Titan & IDW- they reprint the various comic book series rather than the newspaper strips.

Thanks very much for reply. Yes i already see that before and i want IDW but size too big. And Titan seems print not best, thats why i want comparsion with Dark horse.

Thanks very much for reply. Yes i already see that before and i want IDW but size too big. And Titan seems print not best, thats why i want comparsion with Dark horse.
    I don't have the IDW ones but the Titans ones are good, not super awesome quality but I've seen much worse reproduction for way worse price-value ratio(caugh caugh Hermes press cough)
    And yeah, the size is just silly. I have the Dark Horse Hal Foster Tarzan collections which are around the same size and those are just unreasonable. The titan ones on the other hand are easy to handle, cheaper and don't collect Jungle Jim (which I didn't really want mixed in with FG).

BTW I think the best adventure strip collection out there is Prince valiant from Fantagraphics (both art, story and production quality wise).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't have the IDW ones but the Titans ones are good, not super awesome quality but I've seen much worse reproduction for way worse price-value ratio(caugh caugh Hermes press cough)
    And yeah, the size is just silly. I have the Dark Horse Hal Foster Tarzan collections which are around the same size and those are just unreasonable. The titan ones on the other hand are easy to handle, cheaper and don't collect Jungle Jim (which I didn't really want mixed in with FG).

BTW I think the best adventure strip collection out there is Prince valiant from Fantagraphics (both art, story and production quality wise).
    Thanks for advice. My main interests in comics is science fiction, fantasy and technology (im starting collecting now) so Prince Valiant not in my collection, but hmm... sound interesting, I think i will try it and see.

Thanks for advice. My main interests in comics is science fiction, fantasy and technology (im starting collecting now) so Prince Valiant not in my collection, but hmm... sound interesting, I think i will try it and see.
    PV is medieval adventure so not far off from fantasy. I like Flash Gordon but I think PV is much better written.
    I've also really enjoyed Russ Manning's Tarzan strips, they have a lot of fantastical elements.
    And if you like sci-fi and older strips you owe yourself to check out The Eternaut. I'm not sure if it's in print currently but should be reprinted soon if not, it's one of the best examples of 50's sci fi.