Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Men this was so so epic. As a lover of all things Morrison and a huge Synder fan THIS IS MY JAM! Talk about self referential. This was the 2nd best thing from Metal after GR.

Getting tried of this whole Bruce fearing Damian going bad. Dude maybe only dip your wick in Nuns if you're that prejudiced against offspring of questionable females.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-09-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Getting tried of this whole Bruce fearing Damian going bad.
    That wasn't the point being made here.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    WoJ&R's took place in the dark, sensless, and directionless mindscape that is Tom King's mind. It's better if it's just forgotten since it didn't make any damn sense anyway.
    I don't think it's going to be forgotten King;s run is already a popular meme. it'll live on in infamy. It's like the Room or Birdemic

This was a fantastic and enjoyable issue. Great to see the purple gloves again.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure that this will be your favourite just for Morrison references, when Morrison's the guy co-writing Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt with Snyder
    Lol, that's true I guess. This issue was really cool though. I'm not expecting Morrison to contribute much to Wild Hunt, it feels like a cheap cameo stunt to get his Morrison's name on the book, but I could prove quite wrong on that.

I loved this issue and was surprised how it felt like it was done by one writer instead of three. I needed a dark personal issue like this to sell what Metal is all about for Batman, that this a culmination for him. This issue kinda celebrated Batman history (and kinda reminded me of Batman #700) and sold Barbatos vs Batman. It really sold Barbatos for me. The art team was spectacular, Jiminez and Paquette and all.

One book on old man Bruce's shelf was “No Justice" and Snyder said: “And as a thanks [for supporting Metal], a secret: there is a clue to something big planned for 2018 on those bookshelves in grandpa Bruce’s study.” The King/Sale project? Something else?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    Barbatos is saying that. Generally over the years, characters who talk down to Batman end up sad by the end of the story.
    Basically, Barbathos is the "Bat God" way out like some showings of Doom and Thanos on reverse are usually laid out as "clones" when is convenient for a writer.

Very impressed with Snyder did not think he could get that trippy, but he did a great job tying in a ton of ideas. Cannot wait till him and Morrison team up for Wild Hunt, had been enjoying Metal, but this def stepped the story up a bit for me.

Why was Diana here?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why was Diana here?
    Was Bruce just imagining her cause he really wanted her help and support? I'm pretty sure her appearing was to give him some hope then just take it away again. Actually Im not really syre

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Very impressed with Snyder did not think he could get that trippy
    Wasn't all Snyder to be fair. Besides knowing it, I could sense that too. So I gotta credit Tynion and Williamson too. Haven't read much Williamson, but after The Button, I could sense his impact on this too. He's earning some points with me. Tynion...I'm still in "meh" with him some.
    Newsarama: Scott, Josh and James, how did the three of you end up working on this one issue together? And how did you divide that up?

Joshua Williamson: We've been talking about this book for so long. And at one point, we started talking about doing something with Bruce in the Dark Multiverse. So we had all these conversations about what we wanted to do with it.

Then after all these conversations the three of us have been having, we started talking about this issue. And we knew we all wanted to write it.

I think there was a part of us that each of us really wanted to write, so it because this thing were we thought, well, why don't we just do it together?

James Tynion IV: It was also that, while we were plotting it, we started seeing that there were three threads through the story, each expressing a different part of Bruce's journey through the Dark Multiverse.

And the nice thing about it was that each of us was kind of drawn to one of the threads. We each wanted to go at it.

So one week, when we needed to start putting words down on the paper, we were just like, "OK, Josh you go tackle this bit, James you go tackle that," and then Scott tackled one of the major framing pieces.

Ultimately, that ended up with a full, comprehensive plot that we started passing back and forth.

It was a really seamless process. For an issue that handles so much of Batman's history and the cosmos and the history of the DC Universe in general, it was a very smooth process to write.
    https://www.newsarama.com/37237-snyd...tal-story.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Was Bruce just imagining her cause he really wanted her help and support? I'm pretty sure her appearing was to give him some hope then just take it away again. Actually Im not really syre
    Her appearance made not much sense but add it to the upcoming series and the merciless and it looks like someone's trying to start something.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Wasn't all Snyder to be fair. Besides knowing it, I could sense that too. So I gotta credit Tynion and Williamson too. Haven't read much Williamson, but after The Button, I could sense his impact on this too. He's earning some points with me. Tynion...I'm still in "meh" with him some.

https://www.newsarama.com/37237-snyd...tal-story.html
    Yeah he had help for sure, Williamson is okay his Flash has been rather hit or miss for me. However they broke it up between the 3 of them it worked out well and channeled a bit of Morrison's style, interested to see how Wild Hunt plays out and how much Morrison is actually involved in it.

Williamson is okay his Flash has been rather hit or miss for me.
    Haven't read it, maybe Batman is a property he'd excel on. I"m starting to mildly wonder given his interesting work I've read with Batman thus far.

interested to see how Wild Hunt plays out and how much Morrison is actually involved in it.
    I will really be surprised if the Morrison contribution feels substantial. He's doing a lot of stuff on top of being an editor. This issue kinda came out of nowhere too (to help offset that delay with #5).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Haven't read it, maybe Batman is a property he'd excel on. I"m starting to mildly wonder given his interesting work I've read with Batman thus far.

I will really be surprised if the Morrison contribution feels substantial. He's doing a lot of stuff on top of being an editor. This issue kinda came out of nowhere too (to help offset that delay with #5).
    When I first saw Morrison announced my first thought was he was a consultant for it more then a writer. I figure Snyder is going to be diving into the stuff Morrison wrote so why not call him up and get his thoughts on what Snyder is doing. I am just glad he is actually using Morrison's run a bit instead of just ignoring it and doing this well pretending we had not seen Barbatos name pop up just a few years ago.

This was a fantastic and enjoyable issue. Great to see the purple gloves again.
    Purple gloves of justice give me life