Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

I can take Shazam being a part of the main Titans with Dick, Donna, Kory, etc. But him being lumped in with the new kids like he's on their level will never not feel wrong. I really wish they had used one of Billy's siblings for this book instead of him. But apparently they've either been depowered or are going to be and that....that's just a waste.

If anyone replaces Crush, I'd rather it be Cassie. Like Darkcrusade said, she's kinda without direction right now.

Unrelated Note:

New set pic for season 3

I'm not sure what Raven's wearing but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can take Shazam being a part of the main Titans with Dick, Donna, Kory, etc. But him being lumped in with the new kids like he's on their level will never not feel wrong. I really wish they had used one of Billy's siblings for this book instead of him. But apparently they've either been depowered or are going to be and that....that's just a waste.

If anyone replaces Crush, I'd rather it be Cassie. Like Darkcrusade said, she's kinda without direction right now.

Unrelated Note:

New set pic for season 3

I'm not sure what Raven's wearing but I like it.
    I don't know what DC's doing with Shazam at this point.

Is Raven finally going to get a good outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what DC's doing with Shazam at this point.
    DC doesn't know what DC's doing with Shazam at this point. He deserves so much better than this.

Is Raven finally going to get a good outfit?
    I actually haven't minded her clothes in the series so far. Sure none of her outfits have been like...actual Superhero costumes. But it still feels like Raven. And she's always been one of those heroes who I could see just...fighting in street clothes.

That said, I do really like what she has on in that pic. I'm hoping that's her costume (if she's getting one) but I was talking to a friend earlier who said that what she's wearing is similar to something Donna also had on in set photos. So....Themysciran clothes, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I actually haven't minded her clothes in the series so far. Sure none of her outfits have been like...actual Superhero costumes. But it still feels like Raven. And she's always been one of those heroes who I could see just...fighting in street clothes.

That said, I do really like what she has on in that pic. I'm hoping that's her costume (if she's getting one) but I was talking to a friend earlier who said that what she's wearing is similar to something Donna also had on in set photos. So....Themysciran clothes, maybe?
    I'm not knocking her fashion sense, it's just on a Superhero show I'm ready for the entire cast to wear really nice Superhero costumes.

Especially since Raven has some cool costumes (aside from the New 52 one).

The only thing that bothers me about Raven is the wig.

I love Blackfire's look though.

There's a new Titans title in September.
    https://subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1424

Titans United
    Rating: T+
    The Titans face their greatest challenge - their own powers! Nightwing, Donna Troy, Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Red Hood kick off a thrilling new case that will lead one of their own to question no only their place on the team, but their very existence.

RECENT TALENT:
    Writer: Cavan Scott
    Artist: Jose Luis
    Release Date: 9/14/2021
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm surprised to see a new Titans title. It's kind of odd that Red Hood would still want to be a Titan at this point. Still I think that the individual Titans can still carry solo titles and mini-series since they are hugely popular outside of comics. I often imagine a reimagined adult Raven (like Psylocke of the X-Men) would make a good pairing or friendship with the Batman. She can be there to heal some of his severe injuries after a night fighting crime in Gotham. The Teen titans cartoon has her doing traditional magic and seemingly abandoned the fact that she's an empath and can deal with various emotions. I just came across a website that says traditional chinese medicine link emotions to various elements such as Earth, Water and Fire. 'according to the 5 element schools of thought anger is associated with wood; joy is associated with fire pensiveness with Earth, grief with metal and fear with water. The liver is associated with wood and therefore with anger, the heart with fire and joy, the spleen with Earth and pensiveness, the lung with metal and grief and the kidney with water and fear.' I find this very interesting and something that could aligned with a new version of Raven outside of her being a Teen titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a new Titans title in September.
    https://subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1424

Titans United
    Rating: T+
    The Titans face their greatest challenge - their own powers! Nightwing, Donna Troy, Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Red Hood kick off a thrilling new case that will lead one of their own to question no only their place on the team, but their very existence.

RECENT TALENT:
    Writer: Cavan Scott
    Artist: Jose Luis
    Release Date: 9/14/2021
    This makes so much sense. To many people in one book right now. The academy can focus on the newbs and the upperclassmen and this book can focus on the established characters.

I'm really happy the older Titans are getting their own book again.
    I've never heard of Cavan Scott and Jose Luis, thought. Are they any good?

The line-up definitely feels like they're trying to capitalize on the show. I wouldn't have added Red Hood, thought. I'd much rather see Bunker graduate to the main team.

Cavan Scott has written for Titan's Doctor Who, IDW/Marvel's Star Wars, DC Thomson's Beano, among other things. Looks like this is his first DC Comics work though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavan_Scott
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    This makes so much sense. To many people in one book right now. The academy can focus on the newbs and the upperclassmen and this book can focus on the established characters.
    This is gonna be like titans the burning isn’t it?
    I wonder how starfire will look. Will she be darkskinned?

Incredible Member

"Several of the highest-profile members of DC's Teen Titans will come together this fall to solve an existential mystery in a new story titled Titans United. Written by Cavan Scott with artist Jose Luis, Titans United appears to be a graphic novel-length, single-volume story judging by its listing on DC's subscription service website. In Titans United, Nightwing, Donna Troy, Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Red Hood - a cross-section of heroes from several eras of the Teen Titans - will work together to crack a case that DC states will have one of the heroes involved questioning "their very existence" as the team goes up against some type of enemy using their own abilities and skills against them."

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-teen-...fire-and-more/

Ultimate Member

Mm, an 'existential mystery' revolving around a classic Teen Titan and their powers? Gosh, could this be 'Who is Donna Troy 2.0?'

That said, if by 'Superboy' they mean Conner and not Jon, there's some mystery there as well involving both origins and powers.

It is Conner - that's the TV show roster. However, I expect they'll have their comics costumes like last time they did such a book, so Starfire will be orange, not brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is gonna be like titans the burning isn’t it?
    I wonder how starfire will look. Will she be darkskinned?
    I think you mean Titans Together, not Burning Rage, which was the cartoon team minus Cyborg.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Titans:_T...ol_1_(Digital)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-11-2021 at 08:22 AM.

I think It will be like the Alfred PennyWorth listed last solicitations for the TV show, not in continuity