Page 178 of 211 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3162

The Big Sick: A nice little film. I liked it. The story was heartwarming and i had a good time.

Extra bit for me: The film is pleasant by itself but its especially nice to me. Referencing/mentioning 'Satte Pe Satta'. It's cool. I loved that film as a kid. Can't remember much of it as i was a kid except for its songs. But a bollywood reference! Performances were good especially Holly Hunter. I wished to see a more meatier role of Anupam Kher who played the role of father of Kumail. He is a wonderful actor.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-05-2018 at 06:32 AM.

THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
    It's alright, not the fun movie I hoped to see.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
    I love that movie. The scene where he spat his chew on that carpet bagger's suit was hilarious. LOL
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Cloverfield Paradox. Gosh, this was horrible. I couldn't get into it at all. I finally shut it off after about halfway through it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Cloverfield Paradox. Gosh, this was horrible. I couldn't get into it at all. I finally shut it off after about halfway through it.
    What did you think of the other two Cloverfield films?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What did you think of the other two Cloverfield films?
    I liked them a lot. While I'm not a big fan of POV movies, Cloverfield was pretty darn good. The second was great. It's amazing what people can do with a small budget movie.

But the Paradox? Ugh. It was just terrible Kirby.

I actually liked The Cloverfield Paradox. I probably would have felt like I killed a couple of hours at the movie theatres, if it got a theatrical release. As a Netflix release? I thought it was entertaining.

I also watched The Theory of Everything, also on Netflix.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Lost In Space such a great TV show, but such a horrible movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Money Pit
    It made me laugh often so I liked it. Maybe only the first 2 thirds were really good and the last part felt a little too different for me. 80s nostalgia is a thing for me and I recommend this forgotten little pearl of comedy.

Wind River
    Different from what I expected but still liked it a lot. Maybe the highest praise for a movie is that it really draws you in and this one definitely did.

Wind River again. I love this film. Re-watching it i could notice some things more deeply. The film is at once a Western, a murder mystery and has some drama with a bit of social commentary. And its not like social commentary is heavy handed here. When films try that it comes across as forced and unnatural. Its like a razor's edge. Put it so that its unnoticed and doesn't affect the narrative in any manner whatsoever. Except for adding something extra to a film.

The film is strong all the way with some standout scenes for me. Dramatic beats are great. Each time Gil Birmingham is with Jeremy Renner its really sublime. I adore both the scenes especially the last scene of them together.

spoilers:
    Long time friends dealing with their losses. That last scene is among my favorite scenes in years. The very first scene is also something which struck in my mind. A girl running for her life barefoot in snow while a voice over narrates a poem (which is later revealed to be written by Renner's daughter). That poem is again framed as a way to remember her. And cherish her just like the words itself. (Tying into dealing with loss).The scenery is beautiful. Yet that beauty is cold and cruel as well as killing. I like it a lot.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-06-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
    I loved it. I don't know how anything led you to suspect it might be a "fun" movie. Clint directed it and tends to do serious drama-y films.

"Fun" Eastwood is maybe The Rookie (1990) co-starring Charlie Sheen, Clint co-stars and directs.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I loved it. I don't know how anything led you to suspect it might be a "fun" movie. Clint directed it and tends to do serious drama-y films.

"Fun" Eastwood is maybe The Rookie (1990) co-starring Charlie Sheen, Clint co-stars and directs.
    Agreed. His movies are almost always very serious. Josey Wales, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, etc. are all fantastic movies.

Watched Megan Leavy last night. Very good movie. I didn't think I would like it, but it was really good. I give it a 7/10

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Agreed. His movies are almost always very serious. Josey Wales, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, etc. are all fantastic movies.
    Yea, so many greats of his. Other westerns like High Plains Drifter, Hang Em High, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, Joe Kidd. High Plains Drifter is like a top favorite revenge film of mine.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, so many greats of his. Other westerns like High Plains Drifter, Hang Em High, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, Joe Kidd. High Plains Drifter is like a top favorite revenge film of mine.
    All great movies. Remember this cool scene:

"Get three coffins ready" and "My mule don't like it when you laugh". LOL