Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Keystone pipeline leaks more than predicted in risk assessments.

5K barrels have already leaked, about 4K more than the original risk assesment.

We got a real winner here folks and it's getting worse.
    TransCanada's spill analysis for Keystone XL, which would cross Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska, estimates 2.2 leaks per decade with half of those at volumes of 3 barrels or less. It estimated that spills exceeding 1,000 barrels would occur at a rate of once per century
    They need to go back and check their data.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    They need to go back and check their data.
    The "improved" version under 45 will increase the load and decrease the inspections. Nothing bad is going to happen with that idea.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The "improved" version under 45 will increase the load and decrease the inspections. Nothing bad is going to happen with that idea.
    Well then, if the President says it's safe what could possibly go wrong?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Meanwhile, in other imperiled areas of the environment, Trump's proposed budget for 2019 again slashes funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, and the cleanup of other significant waterways like Chesapeake Bay. These programs were instituted under Obama's administration....what a surprise Besides the cuts, it would remove funding for South Florida clean up programs for the Everglades and the Keys, for Puget Sound, Long Island Sound, San Francisco Bay, Lake Champlain and the Gulf of Mexico.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Has anybody pointed out that Trump wants to slash food stamps & reinstitute food rations (you know, government cheese)?

Like, as a low income person, I hate having to use them because I'm unemployed & rather make money for groceries, but giving standard issue rations to poor people doesn't sound very American.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Has anybody pointed out that Trump wants to slash food stamps & reinstitute food rations (you know, government cheese)?

Like, as a low income person, I hate having to use them because I'm unemployed & rather make money for groceries, but giving standard issue rations to poor people doesn't sound very American.
    I bet every box will include a packet of spam and a pair of bootstraps.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

“Rations” is a bit of a strong word. Think of it more as “trickle-down sustenance”.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Now that police have made the recommendation, the decision on whether to actually indict Netanyahu rests with Attorney-General Avichai Mandelblit, The Jerusalem Post reported.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/p...ribery-n847616
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I've heard that most NRA members are rational, levelheaded people, hell, a goodly portion of them even support some gun control measures. It's the lunatic fringe as displayed by the nutbag in that video (I'll admit it hadn't occurred to me that guy might've been an actor) that's driving the train and giving the country the impression the NRA are nothing more than an army of foam at the mouth, bay at the moon, pry my gun from my cold dead hands psychopaths.
    On the subject of firearms, maybe it should be made easier for the underrepresented to obtain some of the niftier ones out there. I mean, if just holding one in your hands has an “empowerment” effect on the mind, then it’s worth considering.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Also, the ANC decided to force President Zuma out in South Africa.

Can Trump be next? Please?
    id rather the military not lead coups, thank you very much

because once it happens, its going to happen again and again and again

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Well then, if the President says it's safe what could possibly go wrong?
    I'm glad we hold the president to the same standards as Bubsy the Bobcat.

On this date in 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Arizona State Senator Steve Yarbrough, a member of the Arizona House of Representatives who was one of the co-sponsors of Arizona’s draconian anti-immigrant law, SB 1070, sued former Governor Jan Brewer for approving the Medicaid Expansion in Arizona, and voted for Arizona’s version of the Birther Bill, as well as trying to nullify that United Nations’ Agenda 21 environmental conspiracy, presumably because he thinks it somehow is a plot for global domination. Yarbrough is also yet another Republican we’ve profiled who supports drug testing welfare recipients, in spite of how failed of a policy that’s been whenever it’s been implemented around the country. Yarbrough has also voted to attempt to nullify federal firearms laws, and voted to pass legislation that would force Arizona businesses to also accept gold and silver as legal tender. On social issues, Yarbrough is also an extremist, though, having once tried to pass what amounted to a “Personhood Plus!” bill that said life started at ovulation, and was the sponsor of Arizona’s own attempt at passing a “religious freedom” bill to stop same sex couples from getting married once the Supreme Court started working towards overturning bans on it.

Yarbrough won a third term in office in the 2016 elections over Democrat Steve Weichert with 57% of the vote. Yarbrough will be term-limited in 2018, so was desperate to find a way to hang onto his office, and tried re-writing the term limits for Arizona State Senators to be four year terms, so that he would get eight more years before he would actually be term-limited in the way the law is written. It fortunately failed, so the end of Yarbrough in the Arizona state legislature is at least still in sight.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.