Page 370 of 902 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Theory is being set up to fail when he attempts to cash in, if he does attempt it at SS. Roman will choke him out. He won't be the one to beat Roman, even with a cash in.
    He can lose 1 championship and keep the other and be alright.

Wow OVW has a Netflix deal? That'll put them on the map!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wre...-netflix-deal/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wow OVW has a Netflix deal? That'll put them on the map!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wre...-netflix-deal/
    Apparently this is an experiment type situation with Netflix. They signed OVW to this short term deal with an idea of trying Pro Wrestling content on the streaming service. That they will become big players ahead if this attracts an audience on bidding for AEW or WWE streaming rights ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In one of Dutch Mantell's stories he detailed how in the 1990's he went to work for the UWF in Japan.

- Dutch flew from Nashville to LA on one flight , then flew to Japan where they chased the sun essentially. So he was on the plane flight for like 12-14 hours at this point. Well he arrives in Japan and thinks they will be letting him go to motel to sleep and adjust. NOPE....

He is told he has to go to the studio and shoot TV and do interviews so they drive him there and its a few more hours. Then he thinks ok , sleep now....NOPE. He's told he's gotta go work the match that evening with a Japanese wrestler. By now he's totally exhausted and been up 20+ hours so he gets in ring and tries his best to work the match.

- Once in ring with the guy , he's going through things and ...gets nailed with a move off the ropes and is KNOCKED OUT. He awakes as he sees the guy with his arm held up.

-

- But the UWF deal was wild as he was working for weeks and the guys were legit STIFF as hell. He had better real life fights than what he experienced as they would beat the crap outta him in matches etc. So he finally tells a guy on the bus as the guy looks at him...

"Dutch , this is a shoot style pro wrestling promotion !"

Mantell was never told this before he left to work there. He thought the guys were just stiff workers. But later learned that the guys were told they had to make it look as REAL as possible or face the consequences. Which if your match didn't look real , the mob would cut your finger .

So guys were legit throwing punches and doing this to make sure they didn't get in trouble.

- Mantell brings up how the guys would also thank him post match as well in locker room. Where they had just spent time beating the hell outta each other in ring.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Miro on AEW vs WWE (per WrestlingInc):
    “It’s always going to be the freedom. Whenever anybody asks me, ‘What is the difference here?’, It’s the freedom. You don’t have to set yourself in a lower standard, because that’s what I thought the other place was. [WWE] let you lower your standard in order to fit their mold. Here [in AEW], it’s not like that. You have a style, you go out there, you do your style to your best, and that’s what makes professional wrestling so much better because you see different clashes of style, different styles clash in the ring. And I think that’s what makes it so much more interesting.”
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/aew/news...ormer-champion

It's so true. That's why I was not excited when Styles and Bryan went to WWE, I knew WWE wouldn't let them be their Indie/ROH/NJPW full selves.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Apparently this is an experiment type situation with Netflix. They signed OVW to this short term deal with an idea of trying Pro Wrestling content on the streaming service. That they will become big players ahead if this attracts an audience on bidding for AEW or WWE streaming rights ahead.
    It worked with lunch underground but unfortunately LU ended.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Wardlow looks good in gold.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unless the folks that AEW came to the dance with just turn them down flat?

Where is there a logical version of things where there is any "Bidding..." for AEW should it eventually wind up on streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless the folks that AEW came to the dance with just turn them down flat?

Where is there a logical version of things where there is any "Bidding..." for AEW should it eventually wind up on streaming?
    Netflix and HBO MAX have been in talks with them for awhile with HBO MAX in the Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Probably because Theory is 24 years old. Every top guy in WWE right is in their 40s or close to it. They need younger blood.
    theory isn't the only guy on the roster younger than 40 that can be pushed or tested.

They want that next YOUNG STAR to be like a Cena who came in , in his 20's and carried things a decade or more. They want that right now.

Cody Rhodes will be pushed as I forgot him and he's in his late 30's so he has some years ahead. The scene will likely be this...

Cody Rhodes
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins
    Bobby Lashley
    AJ Styles
    Edge (once he returns)
    Riddle (as he is getting a push)
    Kevin Owens (if he gets pushed)

Then you add in Austin Theory , Vonn Breaker (who likely will be pushed up) and another talent from NXT and you can have a nice mix of youth and experience going ahead. And we can see a nice rebuild of the main event scene ahead for a new generation of stars.
    is that the bastard child of bron breakker & von wagner?? speaking of which, anybody know if it's true von wagner is actually the son of dr wagner jr??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wardlow looks good in gold.
    scorpio deserved better. i hope they can at least get some traction for that title now.

i thought they pulled the trigger too soon on the acclaimed and ass boys split, their whole act with billy favoring acclaimed over his sons was great and i wanted to see a lot more of it.

glad to see roosh make his debut and the main event was great. also miro vs black sounds cool.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    theory isn't the only guy on the roster younger than 40 that can be pushed or tested.
    But Theory is the only guy in his age group the WWE cares about pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i thought they pulled the trigger too soon on the acclaimed and ass boys split, their whole act with billy favoring acclaimed over his sons was great and i wanted to see a lot more of it.

glad to see roosh make his debut and the main event was great. also miro vs black sounds cool.
    I wanted more of disappointed dad Billy too. Tony probably pulled the trigger to solidity turning the Acclaimed face.

Kushida is coming to Impact Wrestling Next Week

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Kushida is coming to Impact Wrestling Next Week
    That's great!