Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    Lenticular Covers!!! what a great deal! marvel! up the price on your books MORE! THAT"S how you ring in the costumers !!! great plan!

let's see Marvel HIKED up the PRICE on SE from 3.99 to 4.99(f.u.marvel) great plan!

Generations brings back NONE OF THE CLASSIC CHARACTERS! and there is 10 of them (stretched thru 2months!) 4.99 per book! 55 dollars spent on by non-marvel fans and new readers! great plan!

you're books sell les than 80,000 copies(asm) and Marvel is content with this , because WE charge 3.99 to 4.99 for each!(sucking the non-marvel readers and new readers dry!) great plan!

Misfire after misfire . I hope these influx of new readers and non-marvel people have some DEEP POCKETS! for this Cash Grab!.

I'm going straight to DC and looking back when the dust settles.
    Personally, if I could walk into my comic store come October and get a holo cover no fuss for only a buck more than the regular price, I'd do it. It's if I'd have to pay more than a buck or order online, or other hassles that wouldn't make it worth it to me. (Granted, Spider-Man: RYV is the only comic series in the line I'm collecting, so it's not like it'd add a whole lot to my bill, unlike someone who's following multiple series and wants all of them to have the special covers.)

Invincible Member

I want them to do a bullet hole lenticular cover!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I want them to do a bullet hole lenticular cover!
    Im pretty sure that there is going to be several people doing that.

Marvel saw the lenticular covers DC did for The Button story line and was like "...wait, kids are still into that!? *orders 50*".
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wonder if they'll try to make Spirits of Vengeance glow in the dark, too. Die-cut for Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Marvel saw the lenticular covers DC did for The Button story line and was like "...wait, kids are still into that!? *orders 50*".
    If by kids you meant middle-aged men, sure.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Wonder if they'll try to make Spirits of Vengeance glow in the dark, too. Die-cut for Wolverine.

If by kids you meant middle-aged men, sure.
    Well, they were kids when DC started doing this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And they'll put it on youtube where half the comments will be from people who don't read comics but rant about their supposed liberal agenda.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

As long as these are open to buy and don't require retailers to order more product than they can sell
    That's the million dollar question, isn't it? Right now, I think I'll get between two and three if they're easy to get and not an incentive cover. They're clearly a gimmick, but they honestly seem like a fun gimmick to me as long as there are no hoops to jump through.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So if Carol Danvers disappeared from all other media except comics and in the comics took of to investigate some unseen cosmic threat to the Marvel Universe but Ms. Marvel, the Ultimates, and other characters liked the Avengers, Guardians, and other mentioned her it'd be ok with you? Because I wouldn't be I don't want her getting the shaft anymore than the FF and they're getting the shaft which is sad because they are Marvel's first family.
    I'm honestly all in favor of the modern day Carol Danvers pulling a "Fantastic Four" and disappearing from the comic line for awhile. Can someone start a petition?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    And they'll put it on youtube where half the comments will be from people who don't read comics but rant about their supposed liberal agenda.
    I'm preparing myself right now...

BANNED

I can't beloved there are still people who don't believe marvel are trying to kill off the FF brand and tried with the X-Men and failed.

It's hilarious and disturbing at the same time, defending and making excuses for them!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I can't beloved there are still people who don't believe marvel are trying to kill off the FF brand and tried with the X-Men and failed.

It's hilarious and disturbing at the same time, defending and making excuses for them!
    It's because I don't believe it simply put I didn't believe it with the X-men and with resurrexion I had no reason to ever believe that they were trying to get rid of the X-men but point is I also don't believe it one bit with the fantastic four either.

It's less me being defensive and making excuses or even being in denial and more of me being honest about how I stand on the matter I simply don't believe it at all and when I say that I don't believe it I mean it.

Betting this will be gated behind one of Marvel's "buy the regular cover at 200% qty of X an you can order as many copies as you want" incentive programs.

Weren't linewide lenticular variants one of the precursors to DC's fall?
    I think the issue with the first round of lenticular covers wasn't the covers themselves; retailers and readers seemed pretty enthusiastic. But then DC had a really short pre-order window, botched the roll-out, shorted the retailers, and caused a lot of ill-will.

I'm surprised Marvel didn't decide to one-up DC by going for photicular motion-vignette covers or something.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That's cool. It doesn't really make any difference for me, though, since I never buy physical comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Lenticular covers? Just bring back all the characters that have been murdered/dethroned, have them work in concert with the younger diverse heroes, and honour the titles' and characters' histories and continuity, and stop the near constant events and relaunches. Is that really so difficult to do, Marvel?
    If you pay attention, you'll actually realize that most of this is actually being covered on Legacy:

- Honoring the titles and continuity = that's the whole reason why classic renumbering and a return to the status quo of some characters (like good guy Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson as Falcon, She-Hulk) are happening and old storylines are being brought up again

- Constant events = it's been said they are taking a break from the big events once Marvel Legacy kicks off

- Relaunches = they absolutely avoided the ''editorial line relaunch'' this time around, giving a bigger sense of stability and continuity to most of their books

The tricky thing is the return of classic characters, but I have to say that in a lot of those cases, people HAVE TO BE PATIENT to see what the content of these stories are going to be. We have a new arc that strongly suggests Tony Stark is coming back to the Invincible Iron Man book. We know the new Planet Hulk storyline will tie into Generations, so whatever happens to Banner there, it will have an impact on Marvel Legacy. The return of Odinson as Worthy Thor is now more likely than ever when Aaron's arc for Jane seems to be coming to an end. The Marvel Two-In-One book starring The Thing and Human Torch kicks off with an arc called ''The Fate Of The Four'', so, you know, there's that... Also, we still don't know what's going on in Marvel Legacy #1, which has been confirmed to have at least two big returns. And there's probably more things that we don't know about yet.

The thing is: if fans want Marvel to feed them every single piece of detailed information like a mama bird right now, they're just gonna be disappointed. We will only truly know how Marvel Legacy is going to be once it starts, and even then we're not likely to get everything in the first month precisely because they seem to be valuing continuity without dozens of new relaunches right away. So while I know this is a hard concept for the internet fandom to grasp, maybe just calm the fuck down and wait to see how things are gonna turn out?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-12-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's because I don't believe it simply put I didn't believe it with the X-men and with resurrexion I had no reason to ever believe that they were trying to get rid of the X-men but point is I also don't believe it one bit with the fantastic four either.

It's less me being defensive and making excuses or even being in denial and more of me being honest about how I stand on the matter I simply don't believe it at all and when I say that I don't believe it I mean it.
    Here's a Forbes article from 2015 about Marvel killing X-Men and FF merchandise over the rights issues and they used a quote from Tom Brevoort about choosing to promote things you have 100% right too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davegon.../#2b5d9b012b51

Marvel was definitely for a period downgrading the X-Men and FF brands.