Page 86 of 865 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    LOL. Amazon probably considered the Sin City box a form of protective packing material, so they made sure they removed it before mailing.
    LOL. My thoughts exactly. Still, it doesn't make any sense that they remove these boxes but they don't remove the white boxes DC's Absolutes have.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    LOL. My thoughts exactly. Still, it doesn't make any sense that they remove these boxes but they don't remove the white boxes DC's Absolutes have.
    Maybe DC provide instructions to Amazon, and Dark Horse don't?

I have been really keen for the Barbarella HC but just realised it is near $80 for only 72 pages?
    HUMANOIDS
    SPOT JUL14 1292 BARBARELLA DLX ED SUPER OVERSIZED HC (MR) (C: 0-0-1) 09/24/14 SRP: $79.95 = $
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Barbar.../9781594650925

Anyone else think that is excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    I can finally cross the bottom three books from my wishlist
    Seriously? Congratulations, what now, a new list? I'm hearing this fella Corben has a great potential, for draining wallets

Humanoid has done other books in that price range (the six Incal books, Eyes of the Cat, The Shadow's Treasure); these were limited, oversized books and might be worth it as collectibles, but I don't know if I would put Forest's work on the same level as Moebius or Boucq.

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    Humanoid has done other books in that price range (the six Incal books, Eyes of the Cat, The Shadow's Treasure); these were limited, oversized books and might be worth it as collectibles, but I don't know if I would put Forest's work on the same level as Moebius or Boucq.
    Ta Blaise, lazy me just had a look and sure enough Incal vol.6 is in the same price range but for 48 pages which I just don't get..... Is this really a fair price to the creators? Is it printed on never aging paper with an indestructible cover? Maybe it is catering to the Cristal drinking set that have bought a British Lords title from some poor inbred broke sap?

Amazing Member

Lucifer & Batman are Spanish editions :

SAM_0260.jpg
    SAM_0264.jpg

Amazing Member

And regarding Spanish editions. Wildstorm is on clearance sale by one Spanish publisher, so I grabbed a few 90's stuff :

SAM_0241.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    Chaland's Young Albert was also published in that format.
    IMO those are quality releases: super oversized and incredibly heavy paper. Moebius & Jodo's "Eyes of the Cat" got a regular sized hardcover later so that might happen with Barbarella as well.
    I'm still wondering which version they're going to use since there are quite a few of them (in various states of censoring and both spot coloured and fully coloured).

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Seriously? Congratulations, what now, a new list? I'm hearing this fella Corben has a great potential, for draining wallets
    Thanks, this one drained my wallet enough
    I actually just bought a Corben rarity I missed via eBay but even I am not stupid enough to try to start collecting the English signed Corben volumes. That way madness lies

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    And regarding Spanish editions. Wildstorm is on clearance sale by one Spanish publisher, so I grabbed a few 90's stuff :
    I actually have some of the Moebius books published by Norma (El Cazador Cazado & Inside Moebius). Those are really nice editions, shame my Spanish is nonexistent.
    If those are on sale as well you should get them post-haste

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    Lucifer & Batman are Spanish editions :

SAM_0260.jpg
    SAM_0264.jpg
    Mmm...yummy. I'm not a big fan of The Long Halloween, but those two Absolutes keep looking more and more enticing. I always said I'll purchase Final Crisis and read it again when someone does an in-depth explanation of it. I've had a look online and there are some paragraphs of help, but a solid work like Cody Walkers' 'The Anatomy of Zur-en-arrh' doesn't seem to be available.

I tried reading Morrison's Supergods but haven't been able to finish it. In fact, I thought DC themselves may include an explanation/commentary of Final Crisis in newer publications, bu that doesn't seem to be the case.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I tried reading Morrison's Supergods but haven't been able to finish it.
    Why not?
    Also, I think FC makes more and more sense depending on how many times you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Why not?
    Also, I think FC makes more and more sense depending on how many times you read it.
    My comment under an Amazon review for Supergods:

As a major comic book fan who loves reading about its history, I was also very disappointed with this book. Morrison starts off beautifully when he's explaining the significance of Superman in Actions Comics #1, but then you realize two annoying things about the book: 1) It becomes more about Morrison and his relationship with the world, and 2) unless you've memorized a thesaurus and understand many historical references, the book is hard to enjoy.

I soon started skipping over the parts about his love for music and drugs. Maybe that's what people want to read about, but it certainly doesn't say that's what you're getting on the cover.

Morrison is one of my all-time favourite writers. He wrote my all-time favourite comic book story (All-Star Superman), and I *get* that he's a writer who doesn't always simplify things for you. That's what makes him so unique. But for *this* effort, I would've preferred a more simplified, focused look at the history and philosophy of superheroes, rather than a mash of comic book history, Morrison bio, and a brain-straining use of the English language. This book should've been co-authored.
    All that being said, if someone told me he does explain Final Crisis a little bit towards the end, I might re-open it.

In other news, 2 good reviews have sprung up for The Anatomy of Zur-En-Arrh:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Anatomy-Zu.../dp/1940589045