Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Yeah, it's not my expectations. I used to read their comics, I saw many of their cartoons and I have already seen a lot of their other movies.

what is wrongly expected is to scale down or watered down what should not be.

LOL..We should not have to lower our expectations when we know the source material never asked for it.
    Since "We..." don't own the IP?

Setting concrete "Expectations..." doesn't make much sense to start with.

The calls on how things will go comes with ownership.

I'm still lost on why it's a bad thing that Marvel isn't planning more R movies at this time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, for sure. But Disney doesn't like its products to be TOO hot, though. I doubt Disney will ever make R-rated movies on the regular.
    Yes, but Disney didn't have to - until they made a deal with Sony and bought Fox. And they still wouldn't have to - they own other studios that have produced R content before. Just don't have it be part of the MCU or in the Disney "brand."
    But it won't happen, so it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm still lost on why it's a bad thing that Marvel isn't planning more R movies at this time.
    Because some of us enjoyed the R Marvel films of Fox and are sad that's gone forever?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    If you want hard stuff, don't go to Disney or Marvel. Look to WB, Hellboy, other studios. People need to know what they can expect from a brand.
    Don't go DC either Joker, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn are anomalies more than than norm, The same for Sony and Fox when it existed. The Market norm is PG13 it is thing that allows the widest base of customers while still telling stories with adult content.I have put up the comic rating system and movie rating system to show a point

DC
    T+ – TEEN PLUS – Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes.
    Marvel
    PARENTAL ADVISORY – Appropriate for 15 and up. Similar to T+, but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery. Recommended for teen and adult readers
    Movies
    PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned) – Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

DC
    M – MATURE – Appropriate for readers age 17 and older. May contain intense violence, extensive profanity, nudity, sexual themes and other content suitable only for older readers.
    Marvel
    EXPLICIT CONTENT – 18+ years old.
    US Movies
    R (Restricted) – Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

Find me the Wolverine, Blade and Punisher stories that have nudity and cursing. You won't find regular books with those stuff. The only thing that makes comics "R" is that we as society don't view "comic" violence as serious as realistic looking violence. So most comics books are PG13 except for violence which at time cross over into R territory. The vast majority of comics aren't inline with rated R movies. You don't have to be 17 to get most comic books, Why would you make the movie for that story that way?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Won't go as far as to call it bad in one take, but creatively, it's very disappointing and will end up doing a lot of disservice to fully adapting some of the source material , if you consider page scenes to screen adaption, can earn R.

Now it only becomes bad when something are just flat out unnecessary dumbed down. its bad to dumbed down things not just in movies but in life. no other way to spin it.

lastly claiming to be lost, it's sort of ignoring how much Deadpool 1 and even the sequel redefined and rejuvenated the comic book genre and the artistic impact of Logan on superhero films.

I love how someone said here how MCU has a wining formula and while that may be true, the xmen r movies did a bang up job blowing the mcu formula up for the good of comic films. Even the PG 13 movies did a lot of heavy lifting and this was not because the directors were trying to be edgy, the directors just embraced what was in the comics. Blade was already 20 years ahead of all of this,

Fiege wants all this to go away, it won't. some of his fans keep acting it is not a big deal. it is.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-28-2021 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Don't go DC either Joker, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn are anomalies more than than norm, The same for Sony and Fox when it existed. The Market norm is PG13 it is thing that allows the widest base of customers while still telling stories with adult content.I have put up the comic rating system and movie rating system to show a point

DC
    T+ – TEEN PLUS – Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes.
    Marvel
    PARENTAL ADVISORY – Appropriate for 15 and up. Similar to T+, but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery. Recommended for teen and adult readers
    Movies
    PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned) – Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

DC
    M – MATURE – Appropriate for readers age 17 and older. May contain intense violence, extensive profanity, nudity, sexual themes and other content suitable only for older readers.
    Marvel
    EXPLICIT CONTENT – 18+ years old.
    US Movies
    R (Restricted) – Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

Find me the Wolverine, Blade and Punisher stories that have nudity and cursing. You won't find regular books with those stuff. The only thing that makes comics "R" is that we as society don't view "comic" violence as serious as realistic looking violence. So most comics books are PG13 except for violence which at time cross over into R territory. The vast majority of comics aren't inline with rated R movies. You don't have to be 17 to get most comic books, Why would you make the movie for that story that way?
    Astonishing X-Men
    Wolverine Solo series
    New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men legacy
    Deadpool and Cable
    Rogue and Gambit.
    X-Force
    X-MEN Noir
    The search for Cyclops.
    You wanted me to find you one. I did.

portrait_incredible.jpg
    All this series did have nudity, sex and cursing. Importantly we can't keep ignoring that what made X-Men mature was moire of the story telling and themes that if you were adapting that to film, R becomes a good options. things like fat thor should never be a thing in any blade/x,men film because we already have xavier and is dementia and his drug use. you will find many comic characters as such.

This vdieo is germ, I will keep reposting. I wish Fiege could see it.

If you transfer this video to live action, most directors will want to use. You talk of nudity, but this video shows, how a cartoon series once heavily implied, a character was willing to rape another character. this same series had gambit once in a complete speedo, which...I must go far with this one, his man's parts were not fully absent to see. this is an xmen cartoon that is still already watered down. this was nothing in the comics.

Also Didn't Shadowkat say the N word with content in X-MEN God's Loves Man Kills. Judging from Spike Lee's Blackkklansman that I saw yesterday, if they were to adapt it comic to film. it should get R not just for language but for story since they are some similarities in the plot. Blackklansman did not have nudity, so it is not all about nudity. you can get r for language. from a story pov, it is worth it if you are honestly tackling some social themes.

uxm196-2.jpg
    I once had a friend, I ran into after he saw Deadpool 2, something he said to me that stuck, he said All of the xmen movies just feel now like a complete waste because they all should have been R from the start, now while I don't fully agree, I see is POV Clearly. Also Blade and Punisher were always for a more adult crowd compared to Feige's marvel, I cant even believe this one is an argument.

There is a reason Fiege said Blade will be R 1-2 years ago when he knew it was not going to be the case. it's a shame because he gave the blade fans false hope. Also I have also noticed that Feige does not really say anything deep about the X-MEN either. Every time I think he will go all Chris Nolan Batman on Xmen. he never does.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-28-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes, but Disney didn't have to - until they made a deal with Sony and bought Fox. And they still wouldn't have to - they own other studios that have produced R content before. Just don't have it be part of the MCU or in the Disney "brand."
    But it won't happen, so it sucks.
    It does suck for those who enjoy more mature fare. But I don't see Feige allowing any Marvel characters to exist outside of his purview. Which is very PG-13 oriented. I'm okay with it because the only R-rated movie I ever enjoyed was Platoon!

Astonishing Member

Astonishing X-Men
    Wolverine Solo series
    New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men legacy
    Deadpool and Cable
    Rogue and Gambit.
    X-Force
    X-MEN Noir
    The search for Cyclops.
    You wanted me to find you one. I did.

portrait_incredible.jpg
    All this series did have nudity, sex and cursing. Importantly we can't keep ignoring that what made X-Men mature was moire of the story telling and themes that if you were adapting that to film, R becomes a good options. things like fat thor should never be a thing in any blade/x,men film because we already have xavier and is dementia and his drug use. you will find many comic characters as such.

This vdieo is germ, I will keep reposting. I wish Fiege could see it.

If you transfer this video to live action, most directors will want to use. You talk of nudity, but this video shows, how a cartoon series once heavily implied, a character was willing to rape another character. this same series had gambit once in a complete speedo, which...I must go far with this one, his man's parts were not fully absent to see. this is an xmen cartoon that is still already watered down. this was nothing in the comics.

Also Didn't Shadowkat say the N word with content in X-MEN God's Loves Man Kills. Judging from Spike Lee's Blackkklansman that I saw yesterday, if they were to adapt it comic to film. it should get R not just for language but for story since they are some similarities in the plot. Blackklansman did not have nudity, so it is not all about nudity. you can get r for language. from a story pov, it is worth it if you are honestly tackling some social themes.

uxm196-2.jpg
    I once had a friend, I ran into after he saw Deadpool 2, something he said to me that stuck, he said All of the xmen movies just feel now like a complete waste because they all should have been R from the start, now while I don't fully agree, I see is POV Clearly. Also Blade and Punisher were always for a more adult crowd compared to Feige's marvel, I cant even believe this one is an argument.

There is a reason Fiege said Blade will be R 1-2 years ago when he knew it was not going to be the case. it's a shame because he gave the blade fans false hope. Also I have also noticed that Feige does not really say anything deep about the X-MEN either. Every time I think he will go all Chris Nolan Batman on Xmen. he never does.
    A few points:

1. Not one series you listed would be considered R rated. All of the material in those comics would be considered PG -13 at the very most.
    2. X-Men God Loves, Man Kills was published almost 40 years ago. The use of racial slurs has changed in society from something that could be said in primetime sitcoms to R rated material. This is an change in society, no an illustration that the original stories were meant for adults only.
    3. I am not aware of Keven Feige ever explicitly saying Blade would be R rated. Is this something that actually happened? Please provide proof of this claim.

Spectacular Member

It's also worth noting that no current plans for R-rated Marvel movies doesn't mean that it will never happen. The article itself says Kevin Feige isn't saying it will never happen, just that they haven't felt it necessary for the stories they have wanted to tell. Sure, I think it's unlikely to happen beyond Deadpool 3, at least for awhile, and I'd suspect it wouldn't be common regardless. Also, Marvel movies don't really do one for one adaptions anyway. Civil War is very different in the comics than it was in the movie. So saying that it prevents straight adaptions of comic material is probably not something that matters much to Marvel studios anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    A few points:

1. Not one series you listed would be considered R rated. All of the material in those comics would be considered PG -13 at the very most.
    2. X-Men God Loves, Man Kills was published almost 40 years ago. The use of racial slurs has changed in society from something that could be said in primetime sitcoms to R rated material. This is an change in society, no an illustration that the original stories were meant for adults only.
    3. I am not aware of Keven Feige ever explicitly saying Blade would be R rated. Is this something that actually happened? Please provide proof of this claim.
    1. Didn't say they officially were, however if you were to put it in live action moving film, big big chance they could and would be and if the directors wishes for it, it will not be an issue. that is the point. what marvel has done in the comic is to vague a lot of things. it is fact they are not rated r but it is also fact that cyclops and jean have a nude cover comic book.

2. 40 years ago? huh? have you seen USA now in 2021? that comic is even far more meaningful, As I said, watch Blackkklansman that came out just 2 years ago, that films has no nudity and heavy violence. it still an R. So some need to quit with the its all about violence and nudity, great challenging subjects matters can get you R and yeah this is also applies to comic movies. 4O years ago, this was the genius of Claremont and Alan Moore writings.

on a regular day to any other producer, fiege could have used the opportunity to try take further what X-MEN 2 did because X-Men 2 told parts of that comic but not page by page, this is an opportunity here to do better than that but the reality now is , this is too much of a high bar,

3. About Blade

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/25/marve...tted-14142321/
    marvel-has-no-plans-for-blade-to-be-r-rated-and-fans-are-gutted

This even says fans are gutted. Fiege, I think gave some convincing promises and some bought it.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-01-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    3. About Blade

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/25/marve...tted-14142321/
    marvel-has-no-plans-for-blade-to-be-r-rated-and-fans-are-gutted

This even says fans are gutted. Fiege, I think gave some convincing promises and some bought it.
    You stated that Feige said that Blade would be R rated. Do you have any proof of that. The link you listed did not support your claim at all.

I am asking for a second time. Do you have support for this, or are you just making up claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It does suck for those who enjoy more mature fare. But I don't see Feige allowing any Marvel characters to exist outside of his purview. Which is very PG-13 oriented. I'm okay with it because the only R-rated movie I ever enjoyed was Platoon!
    Which is definitely the flaw in having one guy control everything - sure, there's consistent quality throughout the MCU brand, but there's also no variety at all.

The vast majority of Marvel comics are PG13, The only books that functional R were the Max Line of books. Most comics being sold can be bought by a kid under 17 without a parent, why in the world would a movie based on that very thing need to be Rated R.

There is only one Marvel property that consistently crosses into R rating territory and Kevin Feige was talking about it when he said in the future if a story requires it they will think about it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-01-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Invincible Member

i

Also it will open the doors for the Mobius series, it's almost kind of hilarious to think Mobius now has more chance at R than Blade himself. it's more hilarious to me than a wannabee X-Men/GOTG Pg 13 disney film that Kevin is going to end up doing.

I misread this and thought it was about Moebius the French comic book artist at first. I'm like, "What is Disney doing Arzach?"