Page 109 of 124 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1848

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    MJ: "That suit's a little revealing, isn't it?"

Gwen: "Allows for maximum mobility! Kinda feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all!

MJ: "Aagh! Stupid, sexy Gwen!"

Probably why she finds it so hard to get a date, as the author indicated. Your clothes turning into spiders is a gigantic turn-off for a lot of people.

Two/three advantages however is she doesn't have to or worry about the whole taking off clothes leaving them on a street or hiding them away in a backpack like Parker does, fashion is COSTLY yet with her new powers she can have any fashion she wants in seconds with a snap of her fingers plus not real worries of battle damaged and tailoring fixes, other advantages such as her symbiote is apart and on her in a way that doesn't look like she's wearing a symbiote and thus in turn can throw off villains or people trying to capture her as the symbiote aspect can them taking action surprising them, and the speed to shift is fast allowing instant action to meet up with friends like she did with Harry or into action as Spider-Woman.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't keen on the last issue of SG: GS #2. Thought the first was good.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'm actually surprised Marvel didn't just make this a mini series to tie into Spider-Geddon and wait to relaunch Gwen's book after. It just seems like a bad idea to start a series off tying into events.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Most I talked to enjoy the 2nd issue more then the first. I enjoy the 2nd more learning and being invested to that Earth version, Peter, Gwen, MJ, and Harry. I liked (and this has been a topic before) that they covered that there are different aspects of 'science' with this Peter version a genus in Biochemistry and Gwen a genius to the more mechanical side however felt that Earth-65 Gwen was presented as a bit cold. However Gwen is worrying for her friends just as those versions of MJ and Peter worry for their Gwen which causing them to be easily angry or snarky. Still it has me ready and thrilled to read the next issue and about Goblin Gwen and a indication what costs might happen.

Plus based on how that MJ version reacted (which I loved how MJ shot a cold glare and order against the snarky Gwen that was effective and showed she was serious and not to be joked with on the matters) and what we see and how that version of Peter mentioned how hard that MJ has taken the tragic events has me wondering if we have a Earth Gwen and MJ version that might be more than friends vibe (maybe not but who knows minus the writer).

Fantastic Member

I don't get Gwen being pissy. She acts like other Peter's blackmailing her to work with him when there are better options. Uh, Gwen, you do know that you also need Gwen Goblin to fix your watch, right? What do you expect Peter to do, spontaneously learn an entirely new branch of science just to help you? You could just not help him and try to find your own way back if you really feel you have better options.

I'm also guessing that Gwen Goblin and other MJ are together. The way it's being set up really indicates they're more than just friends.

I found it cute, so I posted it
    Last edited by Flashback; 12-03-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Fantastic Member

Another crack at Gwen's teenagerness:

Either Gwen looks really young for her age or the people in this world have weird standards for what counts as a 17 year old.

Another crack at Gwen's teenagerness:

Either Gwen looks really young for her age or the people in this world have weird standards for what counts as a 17 year old.
    At least it's not as bad as Silk, who's as old as Peter Parker is but could still get mistaken for a teenager or early 20-something .

People in real life make huge mistakes towards my own age. About 15 years off sometimes.

Plus I think the 'healing abilities' makes sure cells and skin and overall body developments and such stays and is constantly fixed up while a normal person begins to be and look affected starting at age 26 and up. All spiders have a low level yet still somewhat super healing so it affects how they look. Higher than normal healing resists the natural aging process and appearances.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it's not as bad as Silk, who's as old as Peter Parker is but could still get mistaken for a teenager or early 20-something .
    Yep. There was even a mini-comic when Cindy and Peter went back to the past and saw their 15 year old selves. Cindy does NOT look like she aged 14 years.

15 years old:

29 years old:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    People in real life make huge mistakes towards my own age. About 15 years off sometimes.

Plus I think the 'healing abilities' makes sure cells and skin and overall body developments and such stays and is constantly fixed up while a normal person begins to be and look affected starting at age 26 and up. All spiders have a low level yet still somewhat super healing so it affects how they look. Higher than normal healing resists the natural aging process and appearances.
    As Laura and Wolverine prove. Still, I'm really hoping the author just hasn't forgotten she's supposed to be 21 at this point. The summary going 'it's tough to be a teenage Superhero' really makes me wonder what the timeline here is. That and I still have no clue how they plan for Gwen to be an open hero. Vigilantism is illegal, Gwen, you can't just keep doing what you were doing and expect no issues.

She's not unaware about heroes who DO get away with it. Even if there's not many on Earth-65, she's aware of Earth-616, from Anya, Cindy, Jessica, Miles and Peter.

There is actually one thing on her side - her father's a cop! If she helps him put criminals away, why would he let other cops stop her?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe Gwen will become a legalized hero now or the laws on Earth-65 will get adjusted to allow for her to operate openly as a vigilante (with some catches, I imagine).

But I don't think it should be easy for a Spider-Hero to operate with a public identity considering how often they have to work outside the law or get framed for crimes they didn't commit (and Gwen knows a heck of a lot about that one).

Well, she went 13 years with no sun exposure. That'll protect your skin.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's not unaware about heroes who DO get away with it. Even if there's not many on Earth-65, she's aware of Earth-616, from Anya, Cindy, Jessica, Miles and Peter.

There is actually one thing on her side - her father's a cop! If she helps him put criminals away, why would he let other cops stop her?
    ...Because it didn't stop her from getting arrested the first time? She-Hulk even brought this up: her trial wasn't about what she did or didn't do, it was more whether people wanted her out on the streets or not. Her actual innocence didn't matter. The fact that she was pronounced guilty sent a clear message: they were scared of Spider-Woman's power and would rather stick her in prison rather than give her free reign to be outside.

Maybe Gwen will become a legalized hero now or the laws on Earth-65 will get adjusted to allow for her to operate openly as a vigilante (with some catches, I imagine).

But I don't think it should be easy for a Spider-Hero to operate with a public identity considering how often they have to work outside the law or get framed for crimes they didn't commit (and Gwen knows a heck of a lot about that one).
    Thing is, Captain America offered her that when Cap said she could do that if she joined Earth-65's suicide squad. Gwen refused that, so there's no reason for her to be legal:

Gwen even makes a point about not wanting to be a violent crimefighter anymore. Given what we've seen so far, though, I think the new author's just disregarding this considering she's back to beating up muggers.

Gwen even makes a point about not wanting to be a violent crimefighter anymore. Given what we've seen so far, though, I think the new author's just disregarding this considering she's back to beating up muggers.
    I think the thing is that the ending Latour gave set Gwen up to be a very different kind of hero then she was before, and that she didn't even really enjoy the kind of hero she was before, but that marketing and branding means that the next writer has to write her more as a traditional costumed Superhero.