Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Martha and Ernst

Martha and Ernst...

I really don’t know these characters too well, old lady girl and brain right?

Are they on Krakoa; are they “fixed” on Krakoa? Shouldn’t Martha at least have a body?

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I assume they're on Krakoa although they haven't been seen yet.

It's been implied that Martha may actually prefer existing as a brain in a jar. She once referred to it as "pure". I wrote a spotlight on No-Girl a few years back on UXN if you're interested: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/no-girl

Ernst... her old lady appearance seems to be a side effect of her mutation or she may actually be Cassandra Nova in some sense but that's a whole can of worms...

Ersnt should be Cassandra Nova... To this day it still baffles me that they fucked that up.

I think Martha will show up with a body sooner or later... When talking about how characters with disabilities or unusual stuff in their bodies didn't need to be fixed, Leah Williams mentioned her as an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ersnt should be Cassandra Nova... To this day it still baffles me that they fucked that up.

I think Martha will show up with a body sooner or later... When talking about how characters with disabilities or unusual stuff in their bodies didn't need to be fixed, Leah Williams mentioned her as an exception.
    It'd be an interesting story to meet Martha in a body and then have her end up as a disembodied brain again. Perhaps BY CHOICE.

Duuuude I know right! Like it was. Right. In. Front. Of. Them....
    ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It'd be an interesting story to meet Martha in a body and then have her end up as a disembodied brain again. Perhaps BY CHOICE.
    Kinda did that when she and Kenji were dating...but itd be cool if it was taken a step further...perhaps she dies and gets resurrected in her OG body...Surprise!! Martha is truly happy and decides to taker her new body for spin....she roller skates, eats ice cream, brush her hair etc. Meanwhile theres a spike in the psychology report on newly resurrected Martha, CeCe Reyes and Sage run more tests during which Marthas 'enjoyment' of her new body' increasingly becomes more bizarre, CeCe and Sage are racing to find Martha, but her mutant power to Negate other mutants makes it difficult. It's late at night when the search party returns to Martha's home. Despite the darkness and eeire glow is coming from Martha's room...They approach the door cautiously and find a sh!t ton of blood, the mutilated body of martha, on a wall they see the suicide/resurrection instructions written with Martha's bio-luminescent blood
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Duuuude I know right! Like it was. Right. In. Front. Of. Them....
    ugh

Kinda did that when she and Kenji were dating...but itd be cool if it was taken a step further...perhaps she dies and gets resurrected in her OG body...Surprise!! Martha is truly happy and decides to taker her new body for spin....she roller skates, eats ice cream, brush her hair etc. Meanwhile theres a spike in the psychology report on newly resurrected Martha, CeCe Reyes and Sage run more tests during which Marthas 'enjoyment' of her new body' increasingly becomes more bizarre, CeCe and Sage are racing to find Martha, but her mutant power to Negate other mutants makes it difficult. It's late at night when the search party returns to Martha's home. Despite the darkness and eeire glow is coming from Martha's room...They approach the door cautiously and find a sh!t ton of blood, the mutilated body of martha, on a wall they see the suicide/resurrection instructions written with Martha's bio-luminescent blood
    This turned very dark but I kind of like it.

Ultimate Member

It might be interesting if Martha is the first X-telepath to go totally psychic entity (a la the Shadow King), being already 95% of the way there. She'd perhaps still manifest as a translucent glowing brain, to those she's communicating with (since that's her self-image, by this point), but no longer have (or need) a physical brain.

As for Ernst, I'm glad that she's not Cassandra Nova, if only because Cassandra Nova's pretty darn evil, and the X-Men would look awful dumb for letting mini-Cassandra walk around their campus all these years without saying, 'yanno, that kid looks exactly like Cassandra Nova's version of the Stepford Cuckoos...'

Although it does leave the question of what her power is. I've seen it described online as 'super-strength,' which sounds like a post-Morrison thing (since his Cassandra was just a telepath, so his Cassandra wouldn't have been able to 'fake' super-strength with telekinesis). Also, boring.

I'd be inclined to link her 'super-strength' to her mutant progeria. She looks prematurely aged, because her body has got a sixty or seventy-something year lifespan all mashed up in it, every second of every day, she's got the strength and toughness of all of her, mashed together. She's as strong as thousands of little girls, all pushing at the same time. Nothing can kill her, unless it can kill *all* of her... That'd be a funky sort of power. She has to look both young and old, stuck between those extremes of child and crone, but she's like the Collective Man, only she's not channeling the strength of 'every person in China,' she's channeling the strength of herself, on every day of her life, all pushing in unison and pooling 'their' efforts!

^ I think that in Spiderman and the X-Men Sinister said that Ernst powers were actually psionic. She also had high psychic resistance.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

There are quite a few X-students who are not (yet) seen on Krakoa: Ernst and Martha, but alkso characters like Hijack, Indra, Trance, Surge, Cipher, Crosta, Loa, Primal and some more. Maybe they team up one day outside of Krakoa.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

If anyone is going to course correct the Ernst is Cassandra Nova plot then it’ll be Hickman.

I'd love to see Martha in this body again. Although, she's another blonde telepath.

I feel like Martha suddenly showing up with her body, with everyone assuming being that she went through the resurrection protocols because who actually keeps track of all that, and records can be falsified, would be a good way to introduce a Black Brain Telepath to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This turned very dark but I kind of like it.
    You tease...
    GrindrStone(D)

What if she IS the black brain telepath?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    There are quite a few X-students who are not (yet) seen on Krakoa: Ernst and Martha, but alkso characters like Hijack, Indra, Trance, Surge, Cipher, Crosta, Loa, Primal and some more. Maybe they team up one day outside of Krakoa.
    I thought we saw Trance, Primal and Surge
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-05-2020 at 05:21 AM.