Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With Marvel Comics 1000 and the wedding scenes...is Eli back in play??
    I feel like whatever it was that kept Eli from showing up has been, at the very least, negotiated, or at best, solved. In addition to those two, he's shown up in the BP book (I believe as a cameo) and the cover of Empyre Aftermath. It may have something to do with a possible YA book, and/or subtle MCU synergy at work, since apparently his grandpa is showing up in the FtWS show
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-08-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Yeah, Eli's back on the board. I don't think it's a coincidence that his replacement Rayshaun Lucas wasn't in Outlawed #1 nor in what we've seen of the new Champions #1. With Marvel Rising cancelled and Eli available they have no need for Rayshaun any more.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I feel like Tini and Anthony/Chip got two different drafts/note sets of the story. They must've been still working out the kinks around the time of Incoming (plus there's the fact that it teased Outlawed, and well... we know how that's going now) or something of the sort. Or maybe like Tom said, they kept the marriage under wraps, but even from the writers, which is how we have such a wild timeline of events.
    Looks like Anthony and Chip knew! Per Anthony's tweet, there was some maneuvering to try and talk around it

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/...290957827?s=20

figuring out how to hide a wedding in the middle was A LOT OF FUN! one trick was massively frontloading the ‘Teddy & Billy love calling each other “fiance” callback joke’ - then having it completely drop out of the script (had to make a v detailed flowchart of the Missing Hour).
    I'd love to see that flow chart to make sense of the hour lmao. Kinda makes me want to reread to catch the drop off

oliveira working that phd lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind this discussion started in reference to casting for TV/film though. The character is something nobody is in real life. She has brown skin and curly hair, those are black traits.
    Lol What? There are tons of Latinx with curly hair. And I'm not even talking about black latinx.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was just thinking... I don't think the Young Avengers, as a group, ever had original villains other than Mother and the Young Masters, did they? Their rogues gallery is seriously lacking on that department and could use an update next time they are together as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was just thinking... I don't think the Young Avengers, as a group, ever had original villains other than Mother and the Young Masters, did they? Their rogues gallery is seriously lacking on that department and could use an update next time they are together as a team.
    That's a problem pretty common to all 'new' teams or heroes. There's not much in the way of new villains out there that aren't just...bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    That's a problem pretty common to all 'new' teams or heroes. There's not much in the way of new villains out there that aren't just...bad.

YA was basically...coming together, dealing with Kang, finding out Eli was wheezing the juice, and then dealing with Teddy's Kree/Skrull heritage...then cancel. YA Presents which was just character building for the individual characters. Children's Crusade which was bringing Wanda back. Dark Reign with the Young Masters, Then Vol 2 with Mother.

Their publishing history is pretty much a series of focused stories other that the more traditional long running series like Avengers, FF or X-Men where they can build up a rogues gallery.

Personally it is disappointing to me in that regard. I like the characters but the current Marvel model is along these same lines. They cancel and reboot due to a big event interfering with a series, or a new creative team or whatever or the story the writer wanted to tell was over.

If we were to see a long run of YA in the future they would need to be portrayed dealing with more bad guys..both classic and new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    YA was basically...coming together, dealing with Kang, finding out Eli was wheezing the juice, and then dealing with Teddy's Kree/Skrull heritage...then cancel. YA Presents which was just character building for the individual characters. Children's Crusade which was bringing Wanda back. Dark Reign with the Young Masters, Then Vol 2 with Mother.

Their publishing history is pretty much a series of focused stories other that the more traditional long running series like Avengers, FF or X-Men where they can build up a rogues gallery.

Personally it is disappointing to me in that regard. I like the characters but the current Marvel model is along these same lines. They cancel and reboot due to a big event interfering with a series, or a new creative team or whatever or the story the writer wanted to tell was over.

If we were to see a long run of YA in the future they would need to be portrayed dealing with more bad guys..both classic and new characters.
    The YA need a long ongoing in order to really cement themselves in the MU. The cancelling then rebooting makes them seem like an after thought.

Need some original villains. AND ongoing that are more than 1 arch. Vol2 was just one story. Vol1 was 3, but short ones. YAP was good. I liked those.

What kind of story structure would you guys want in an ongoing? Like a single over arching plot with mini subplots being dealt with per trade/arc (sorta like how some TV shows are done, where there's one traceable plotline underscoring several different conflicts)? Or standard arc to arc structure? And how long would each arc be?

Astonishing Member

What kind of story structure would you guys want in an ongoing? Like a single over arching plot with mini subplots being dealt with per trade/arc (sorta like how some TV shows are done, where there's one traceable plotline underscoring several different conflicts)? Or standard arc to arc structure? And how long would each arc be?
    The first one.

I think Iron Lad kinda counts

I think a traditional arc should be 6 issues maybe a solid 10 if it's really good, I want one arc devoted to Eli and building his underdeveloped character he's outgrown the patriot name so get him a new name and costume. Next arc Tommy centered exploring his past and his relationships, more of his relationship with David how being the son of the Scarlet Witch might conflict with David's ties to Krakoa and the strain of that plus all the ups and downs of a new relationship. More of him and Billy we see in lords of Hulklings a peek of the issues he has with him maybe they can finally build a better relationship on page . More of Space King Teddy and maybe space King Billy aswell I mean they are married. Just more solid direction for Cassie maybe finally addressing her feelings about Jonas/Death Ect...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    The YA need a long ongoing in order to really cement themselves in the MU. The cancelling then rebooting makes them seem like an after thought.

Need some original villains. AND ongoing that are more than 1 arch. Vol2 was just one story. Vol1 was 3, but short ones. YAP was good. I liked those.
    Marvel needs to make that commitment...45 to 50 issues and if it sells well continue it. Start off with Eli, Kate and Cassie assembling a new team with some existing characters (Thunderstrike, etc..) and bringing in some new ones as well.

Arc to arc for me. Give them stories that run 2 to 5 issues per arc with one offs every 2-3 arcs for downtime and showing characters private lives and relationships. I truly hate the one long storyline that takes place over a 10, 12, 15 issue run. It is one of the things that turns me off with super hero TV shows. The heroes get handed their ass for 22 episodes only to pull there **** together in the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think a traditional arc should be 6 issues maybe a solid 10 if it's really good, I want one arc devoted to Eli and building his underdeveloped character he's outgrown the patriot name so get him a new name and costume.
    Eli hasn't outgrown the Patriot name. There was an adult golden age hero called that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman