Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man #46

New issue out today.

Change in artist from Bagley to Ferreira is jarring.

We finally get to hear Spencer write Norman Osborn's voice and it sounds pretty good, and allusions to Kelly Sue DeConick and Emma Rios' OSBORN miniseries which is always nice. That take on Norman seems to inspire Spencer's take here.

Issue is really and truly dense in detail compared to the previous.

Am iffy about the ending, because I don't think that's the right thing to do to that character.

spoilers:
    I love how Spencer handled Spider-Man's first meeting with Carlie in a long while. Carlie's in shock and Spider-Man is talking to her as Spider-Man, which feels unexpectedly poignant somehow
    end of spoilers

I am not in love with Ferreira's work on this issue but this panel is awesome:

Spencer ASM#46 Back Image.jpg

Incredible Member

That last page is definitely a call back to when Sin Eater attacked Betty.

Really wish Bagley would have drawn this whole story, honestly. Otherwise, great issue!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    New issue out today.

Change in artist from Bagley to Ferreira is jarring.

We finally get to hear Spencer write Norman Osborn's voice and it sounds pretty good, and allusions to Kelly Sue DeConick and Emma Rios' OSBORN miniseries which is always nice. That take on Norman seems to inspire Spencer's take here.

Issue is really and truly dense in detail compared to the previous.

Am iffy about the ending, because I don't think that's the right thing to do to that character.

spoilers:
    I love how Spencer handled Spider-Man's first meeting with Carlie in a long while. Carlie's in shock and Spider-Man is talking to her as Spider-Man, which feels unexpectedly poignant somehow
    end of spoilers

I am not in love with Ferreira's work on this issue but this panel is awesome:

Spencer ASM#46 Back Image.jpg
    That panel was my favourite thing about the issue. A really good issue. Spencer gets the voice of Norman Osborn as he has all the other characters during his run on the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    That last page is definitely a call back to when Sin Eater attacked Betty.
    That issue made me think Ned Leeds as Kindred. Why? Betty being his ex, and Sin Eater terrorizing her before. I suspect that either Betty or Carly will be “sleeping with the fish” soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That issue made me think Ned Leeds as Kindred. Why? Betty being his ex, and Sin Eater terrorizing her before. I suspect that either Betty or Carly will be “sleeping with the fish” soon enough.
    You have an unhealthy desire to see Carlie get killed off, and it's really uncomfortable, honestly.

Incredible Member

Unless there is a super wow shock moment, I don't see anyone dying. This issue proved that Sin-Eater and Kindred aren't out to kill anyone. They are out to throw Spider-Man off his game and it's working because Spider-Man himself noted it. I don't see anyone dying. That last page gives me more of a Sin-Eater going to Norah so Norah can report something in the news to gain further civilian support and to further throw Spider-Man for a loop. That gunshot was definitely Norah defending herself.

Unless there is a super wow shock moment, I don't see anyone dying. This issue proved that Sin-Eater and Kindred aren't out to kill anyone. They are out to throw Spider-Man off his game and it's working because Spider-Man himself noted it. I don't see anyone dying. That last page gives me more of a Sin-Eater going to Norah so Norah can report something in the news to gain further civilian support and to further throw Spider-Man for a loop. That gunshot was definitely Norah defending herself.
    I think you're absolutely right. Kindred said before that he/she is not out to kill innocents and doesn't like killing unless he has to. So it wouldn't make sense for him/her to renege on that.

Sin-Eater is terrifying. That guy freaks me.

Astonishing Member

There has to be some kind of twist. Why? Otherwise this arc could have been completed in 3 issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You have an unhealthy desire to see Carlie get killed off, and it's really uncomfortable, honestly.
    Wrong. The only characters from Spider-Man I hate are Silk and Jackal. Carley does nothing for me and if she dies, becomes a non romantic character or is removed from the book it does not matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Wrong. The only characters from Spider-Man I hate are Silk and Jackal. Carley does nothing for me and if she dies, becomes a non romantic character or is removed from the book it does not matter to me.
    I didn't say you hate Carlie; I said you had an unhealthy desire to see her die, as you've mentioned in other posts. And you said "becomes a non-romantic character," which she already is.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice issue. Sin-Eater nice and scary and the not-knowing really puts you on edge.
    What/who do you think is inside that cage?

It's pretty interesting. We've seen preview pages from 850 with Spidey fighting civilians wearing Sin-Eater masks, although their eyes looked like they were glowing. Maybe some kind of pseudo enlightenment/mind control.

The rotating artists is taking its toll on the arc, kudos to colorist David Curiel for keeping some visual consistency over so many different pencillers. The cover artist, only credited as Casanovas, has done a great job too. Nick Spencer has me hooked after some uneven storylines, I'm very interested on seeing what Sin-Eater's final goal is. I agree that the end of this issue is a reference to the cliffhanger back in The Death of Jean Dewolff when Sin-Eater shot Betty. Looking forward to the next issue
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH