Page 148 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2250

Zub really nailed the ending. I mean, that was THE best Avengers issue I've read post-Secret Wars. The emotion, character beats, and use of old story threads spoilers:
    (Hellion, Captain America)
    end of spoilers really tied this together.

Yeah it was a nice closure. It's hard to believe that's in a way the same title as Remendere's, considering the tone was like the total opposite of that, specially on the latest issues by Zub lol. It brought back the sense of family and everything to the Avengers that was missing for a while. It's not totally over though, as we still have No Surrender. Hopefully it still feels like this in a way.

One thing was left hanging... did Rogue's testimony help Shocker win his court case? He was on parole in Spectacular Spider-Man (seen hanging out in the villain hangout the Bar With No Name), so I guess it did!

Jim Zub tweets

Jim Zub‏
    @JimZub
    Follow Follow @JimZub
    More
    Both monthly Marvel superhero books I've written so far have been story bridges:
    Thunderbolts was always meant to lead into Secret Empire.
    Uncanny Avengers was always meant to lead into No Surrender.
    It creates a clear end goal, but also closes off other pathways.

In turn, it made writing #28, 29, and 30 strangely simple. Everything I pitched in terms of where the Uncanny Avengers would be in Avengers #675 (No Surrender Part 1) had to happen as written or it wouldn't make sense, so it was all about tying those story threads together.

It was an interesting challenge because I was simultaneously writing Uncanny Avengers #26-27 while Mark, Al, and I were blazing months ahead on No Surrender with deadlines on those scripts every two weeks.

Several people asked whether Uncanny Avengers was cancelled prematurely, so let me make this 100% clear - When I was offered the series with issue #24 it was with the understanding I would be sun setting it at issue #30 to lead into the weekly. That was always the plan.

This is exactly why I hate Scarlet Witch. She does all of this BS talking to Wonder Man trying to make herself sound smarter than she really is instead of just saying that she likes someone else. She is so self righteous and full of her self it makes me sick. Every time she talks she does it as if she has some deep understanding about things that other people just don't understand. NO YOU DON'T you just want to screw someone else just own it good lord.

Who ever wrote that dialogue for her was spot on that is exactly how she sounds talking to Wonder man and Voodo

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    This is exactly why I hate Scarlet Witch. She does all of this BS talking to Wonder Man trying to make herself sound smarter than she really is instead of just saying that she likes someone else. She is so self righteous and full of her self it makes me sick. Every time she talks she does it as if she has some deep understanding about things that other people just don't understand. NO YOU DON'T you just want to screw someone else just own it good lord.

Who ever wrote that dialogue for her was spot on that is exactly how she sounds talking to Wonder man and Voodo
    on the upside, Simon wasn't made the bad guy of it. he's not losing anything by not being Wanda's boyfriend.

Extraordinary Member

Ahh... She just want to make things easier for them? She was talking about her experience when Simon was gone.
    Or do you suggest she just broke up with him without saying exactly why? She chose the way that hurt him less, she did say her story when he was not around.
    And in this case Simon was trapped for months, of course she will have to explain how things changed.

She ending her relationship with Simon doesn't necessearily have something to do with Voodoo, it's just timing.

Well, seems like you are nitpicking here, or you hate her already and you just want more reasons to fuel your hate.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-26-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    on the upside, Simon wasn't made the bad guy of it. he's not losing anything by not being Wanda's boyfriend.
    Isn't it supposed to be a peaceful break-up.
    I am glad even though Zub want something else for characters, he didn't make them look that bad.(Wanda and Voodoo are rushed, but considering that's the last issue before No Surrender, I can understand that )
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-26-2017 at 10:58 PM.

I like Wanda and Voodoo together(IF written well).

LOL it would just be rude and inconsiderate of her to say that. She still cares for Simon and doesn't want to hut him. And nothing she said is somehow untrue. She did find a new path on her series, and it's been some time since she wanted to move on from her past. Finding new connections with other people instead of insisting on old failed relatonships is a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL it would just be rude and inconsiderate of her to say that. She still cares for Simon and doesn't want to hut him. And nothing she said is somehow untrue. She did find a new path on her series, and it's been some time since she wanted to move on from her past. Finding new connections with other people instead of insisting on old failed relatonships is a part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ahh... She just want to make things easier for them? She was talking about her experience when Simon was gone.
    Or do you suggest she just broke up with him without saying exactly why? She chose the way that hurt him less, she did say her story when he was not around.
    And in this case Simon was trapped for months, of course she will have to explain how things changed.

She ending her relationship with Simon doesn't necessearily have something to do with Voodoo, it's just timing.

Well, seems like you are nitpicking here, or you hate her already and you just want more reasons to fuel your hate.

"I found a new BETTER path one that is not defined by the Avengers , my brother , Vision or you."

"The past will trap us if we let it."

Like what the hell is she talking about. How hard is it to say "Hey while you were gone I developed feelings for Voodoo so we can't be together." but noooooo not SW she has to make it seem as if she had some deep awaking as a person that someone like Wonder man couldn't understand. Then she started talking to Voodoo as if he gets her in some way that her previous exs didn't.

"No one has ever understood both sides of me the Woman and the Witch before." GTFO here she puts her self of this upper tier of enlightenment that is just crazy.

It's simple you want Voodoo and don't want Wonder man there is no deep meaning , you are not enlightened , you are not striking some new balance that you're previous boyfriends haven't met.

Extraordinary Member

Evern if Jericho is not around, they will probably still break up.
    It is more due to her Solo run and the time when Simon was gone.

And don't you think you pretty much just shove your own interpretation into those dialogue like you know better?
    Like you said, you put yourself in the upper tier of enlightenment.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-26-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Wanda hangs out out at The Bar With No Doors and the crowd there. Voodoo also hangs out there, and Simon doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Evern if Jericho is not around, they will probably still break up.
    It is more due to her Solo run and the time when Simon was gone.

And don't you think you pretty much just shove your own interpretation into those dialogue like you know better?
    Like you said, you put yourself in the upper tier of enlightenment.
    That's how she always talks to people. I can go all the way back to the Avenger vs X-men conflict where she was talking with X-men as if they didn't understand what it was like to be mutants. Saying how much she did for mutants even though she was the reason the mutants were in that dire situation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda hangs out out at The Bar With No Doors and the crowd there. Voodoo also hangs out there, and Simon doesn't.
    lmao this made me laugh
    Last edited by Outburstz; 12-26-2017 at 11:18 PM.

That's how she always talks to people. I can go all the way back to the Avenger vs X-men conflict where she was talking with X-men as if they didn't understand what it was like to be mutants. Saying how much she did for mutants even though she was the reason the mutants were in that dire situation to begin with.
    Ok, so now that it's obvious that you just hate her for the whole mutant thing, can we stop acting like there was anything wrong with the Simon scene?