Page 76 of 239 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3576
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

So I have admittedly not read any of Heroes in Crisis, relying on the threads to fill me in on what's going on. I am a huge Wally West fan, as I consider Mark Waid's run with the character to be one of the greatest of all-time. But I have opened up to Barry and have enjoyed the New 52 Flash. Having said that, Rebirth's moment of Barry embracing Wally and finally remembering him was one of my favorite moments in comics over the last decade, and I would probably say one of my favorite moments in 30 years of reading comic books.

I would easily give that moment back just so Wally wouldn't have come back and couldn't be used in HiC. This just sucks. There's no other way to put it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

First. Wally is not writen like himself at all. Just the generic King, whimsical, stuttering buffoon he writes all his characters .

Second the motivation makes no sense. He didn't believe the VR that there were others in there besides for him so he broke through? That's the motive?because he thought he was being lied to and no one else needed to go through therapy. Weak.

Also he doesn't know Wally at all. There is a page before he explodes where Wally says his speed is a burden and he has to try hard every day to keep it in and every moment is a struggle. Since he was a kid he had to deal with this. This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Wally. Every moment is a gift. Wally loves being a hero and loves his speed. This was his wish fulfillment as a kid.

OK so he explodes from... I don't know. Never seen speedsters use their power like this. But it's not too bad. He didn't out right kill anyone . But his reaction to cover the murders up is not only way out of character but makes no sense. Just tell people what happened. Heroes have made mistakes before.

And the way Wally does everything King just hand waves it away cuz you know super speed is just a magic wand. Also another big plot hole if present Wally went into the future and had his future self kill his past self then future Wally shouldn't exist right?

The puddlers thing was also pointless and dumb.

Besides for the character assassination of one of the greatest heroes the story itself is just so dumb and pointless.
    totally agreed with all you said but he probably is a "living paradox" like thawne (with explain's how he still exists).

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

First. Wally is not writen like himself at all. Just the generic King, whimsical, stuttering buffoon he writes all his characters .

Second the motivation makes no sense. He didn't believe the VR that there were others in there besides for him so he broke through? That's the motive?because he thought he was being lied to and no one else needed to go through therapy. Weak.

Also he doesn't know Wally at all. There is a page before he explodes where Wally says his speed is a burden and he has to try hard every day to keep it in and every moment is a struggle. Since he was a kid he had to deal with this. This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Wally. Every moment is a gift. Wally loves being a hero and loves his speed. This was his wish fulfillment as a kid.

OK so he explodes from... I don't know. Never seen speedsters use their power like this. But it's not too bad. He didn't out right kill anyone . But his reaction to cover the murders up is not only way out of character but makes no sense. Just tell people what happened. Heroes have made mistakes before.

And the way Wally does everything King just hand waves it away cuz you know super speed is just a magic wand. Also another big plot hole if present Wally went into the future and had his future self kill his past self then future Wally shouldn't exist right?

The puddlers thing was also pointless and dumb.

Besides for the character assassination of one of the greatest heroes the story itself is just so dumb and pointless.
    Wait... what?! That is pretty much Wally's defining trait. He loves being the Flash and everything he does is a result of that.

What's really weird is that the way that King described Wally during a Wordballoon podcast made it sound like he really understood the character. Hell, I think he literally pointed out that Wally is the ultimate everyman specifically because he acts how just about anyone would if they got superpowers ("holy shit, this is awesome!"). I can totally buy the very sad revelation that events are driven by a kill list but this makes no sense. More, before this, I would never have classified King as a "shock value" kind of writer so it's shocking to hear that it's coming out here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Waves? Is that what were calling 15 years now?
    Well, I didn't say it was a small wave...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I'm still digesting but this was a pretty bad comic. Why Wally would manufacture a murder mystery makes no sense to me. Also, that isn't how speedsters work. Even the way everyone dies makes no sense.

However, when this event started I was worried that it would end with Wally either dead or evil. I guess this is marginally better. I find it hard to even call this character assassination. This is just bad and out of character writing and the sooner we all move on from this story the better.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So Dan Didio is like the DC Comics version of Star Wars Rain Johnson ?!?
    Actually I would compare Didio to be the comics equivalent to Vince Russo. Just like how Russo was rumored to be a undercover agent from WWE who sabotaged WCW from within, I'm starting to believe that Didio is an agent from Marvel trying to do the same to DC.

And yeah, I'm just about done with DC at this point.

Spectacular Member

Really DC, Really

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

If some of you are interested, I had a little but really nice discussion with Mitch Gerads:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillVitto...66767781179392

Honestly, I didn’t hate it. It was sad, certainly tragic, but also the most high stakes and interesting thing done with Wally in a long time. Which yes, is crazy and so away from anything we have ever seen Wally done. But do you know what, I’m ok with that. Things with Wally need to be different if he’s going to coexist with Barry.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    If some of you are interested, I had a little but really nice discussion with Mitch Gerads:

Well done! It was a good discussion. "Sometimes not where we want" may have been his own feelings imo

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Things with Wally need to be different if he’s going to coexist with Barry.
    Things were already different.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Well done! It was a good discussion. "Sometimes not where we want" may have been his own feelings imo
    That’s what got my attention. Gerads basically saying that may not be the story they wanted to tell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honestly, I didn’t hate it. It was sad, certainly tragic, but also the most high stakes and interesting thing done with Wally in a long time. Which yes, is crazy and so away from anything we have ever seen Wally done. But do you know what, I’m ok with that. Things with Wally need to be different if he’s going to coexist with Barry.
    I'm holding back a lot of what I want to say, but this is certainly not the dang thread to justify ruining Wally for Barry's sake. Not after this, not after all Wally has already been forced to give up so Barry can shine.

BANNED

Some people are proud of doing sick and twisted things. Shame really.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Thanks for reaching out to him.

The line that sometimes it's not where we want the character to go but just sometimes where theyou have to go is complete bull shit.

You are creators. You have complete control over what happens. If the writers or who ever is in charge wanted they could have easily made any number of ways Wally could be happy and resolve his "awkward situation ".

Or at the very least not make it this bad. No Wally missing his family did not force the story of hI'm snapping and becoming a mass muderer.

There actually were a couple of moments the past few years that it was shown Wally was moving on and putting his life togehther.

Someone from higher up or whatever WANTED to completely demolish Wally. Frankly looking at it from a story and specifically mystery story everything is just kinda stuffed and forced in there.

It really looks like there was just an objective of destroying Wally and the "mystery" and all the threads were just haphazardly thrown around that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake