Extraordinary Member

Default 2B (Nier: Automata) vs. Penny Polendina (RWBY)

Android girls fight for our amusement! Truly mankind is a depraved existence with wanton lust for combat spectacles!

...anyway.

2B: Has her starting swords and all three Pods that you can find in the game. She starts out in a flight unit.

Penny: This is Penny before spoilers:
    she gets the winter maiden's powers.
    end of spoilers

Arena: They will fight in mantle because it's more fun to have an innocent city as a setting sometimes.

Which cute robotic-ish female is destroyed in combat dedicated to satisfying our desires for fictional violence!?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I know 2B pretty well but I know nothing of Penny.

Given she's in RBWY, I assume she's some level of casual bullet timer since pretty much everyone is. This would give her a solid speed advantage over 2B.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think that any reflex speed advantage that Penny might have (I don't remember how much of 2B and company's bullet-time dodges is gameplay rather than story, but then again, Nier:Automata does seem to try and justify all the gameplay elements as actual equippable upgrades) would be countered by the fact that 2B is at least as fast in terms of movement speed and can have her Pod shooting at her constantly (with bullets firing hard enough to do damage to massive robots) while also attacking from melee and range with attacks that hit harder than I recall Penny ever doing (and Penny call hit pretty damn hard), especially in her flight unit.

Also, she should theoretically be able to hack Penny mid-fight, if her limiters on that are removed by her Pod.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I think that any reflex speed advantage that Penny might have (I don't remember how much of 2B and company's bullet-time dodges is gameplay rather than story, but then again, Nier:Automata does seem to try and justify all the gameplay elements as actual equippable upgrades) would be countered by the fact that 2B is at least as fast in terms of movement speed and can have her Pod shooting at her constantly (with bullets firing hard enough to do damage to massive robots) while also attacking from melee and range with attacks that hit harder than I recall Penny ever doing (and Penny call hit pretty damn hard), especially in her flight unit.

Also, she should theoretically be able to hack Penny mid-fight, if her limiters on that are removed by her Pod.
    I'm not so sure she can be hacked, since she is effectively a human soul (or at least a piece of one) inhabiting a robot body, rather than actualy having programming or an AI.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I'm not so sure she can be hacked, since she is effectively a human soul (or at least a piece of one) inhabiting a robot body, rather than actualy having programming or an AI.
    Presumably her body has some kind of programming to it, 2B could hack her body rather than Penny herself?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Presumably her body has some kind of programming to it, 2B could hack her body rather than Penny herself?
    Hard to say. It's generally implied that the soul is what actualy animates her body. Her core houses both her memories and her soul and can be put in a new body if her current one is destroyed or damaged beyond repair. But her creator has to give up another piece of his soul to restore her when that happens, Which one could take as meaning her memories and soul are somewhat different.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, considering the themes of Nier Automata, I give at least an 85% chance that they also have souls, and they can be hacked pretty severely, if it's done by a powerful enough hacker. Especially since we know that the tech of Nier Earth can manipulate souls due to the entire story of Nier Gestalt/Replicant.

I mean Drunken nailed it, really.

It's 2B's fight to lose, and she'd need [Redacted] to happen here... which it won't.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan