Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

X-23 needs her book back because god Fallen Angels is starting to get painful.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Except Wolverine I don’t think any mutants has ever been able to keep an ongoing going? And Wolverine is getting his own book soon. Moira is central enough to this run that a book from her could last a year or two, and we know she will get a book. Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Domino, Gambit and Rogue had their books but didn’t last. I don’t think they should do solo books for now. They are building up some characters like Apocalypse, they could get a book in a couple of years, but not now. Mutants are a team based franchise they work better in group, in the end when they get a solo the co-character are other mutants anyway.
    Even though he’s my favourite character, I prefer Nightcrawler in at team to solo, I like to see him interact with other team members.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Except Wolverine I don’t think any mutants has ever been able to keep an ongoing going? And Wolverine is getting his own book soon. Moira is central enough to this run that a book from her could last a year or two, and we know she will get a book. Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Domino, Gambit and Rogue had their books but didn’t last. I don’t think they should do solo books for now. They are building up some characters like Apocalypse, they could get a book in a couple of years, but not now. Mutants are a team based franchise they work better in group, in the end when they get a solo the co-character are other mutants anyway.
    Well maybe for ongoings that's the case but 12 issue limited series starring some X-Men solos would work well. I agree that in general unlike the big guns of the Avengers, the X-Men aren't really built to have long running solos because of how integrated they are into a team setting

Laura should get a solo again though. Hell, she was one of the new who could actually carry her own book in the franchise.

Northstar, Frenzy, and Thumbelina.

I want Firestar to have her own solo series. But I'm probably alone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Gambit

Cable

Rouge

---------------
    (If absolutely done right)

Storm

Psylocke

Magick

(None of this female empowerment stories its pigeon holding them, ) I am all for women empowerment

I was rewatching Person of Interest and When Shaw and Root are on screen for the first time together. Their scene edge the whole show up. In A Male Centric Show.

-------------

(A little Mature)

Hellion

Quiten Quire

The Cookoos

Prodigy

---------------

Didn't mention The Wolverine's cause they always sell
    ---------------

I do feel that all the Xmen would benefit from being in Duo's or Trio Books .

Cyclops&Cable
    Psylocke&Domino
    Storm&Daken (I said none of the Wolverine's)
    Storm&Fantomex(Wait isnt, he too ,a Wolvie)
    (Just) TheStorm.

Shatterstar Iceman Rictor Anole (The YASS Men) (add Wiccan for Drama) CannonBall (diversity)
    So, just wishful thinking then? Because realistically none of these can sustain stable sales in the current state.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well maybe for ongoings that's the case but 12 issue limited series starring some X-Men solos would work well. I agree that in general unlike the big guns of the Avengers, the X-Men aren't really built to have long running solos because of how integrated they are into a team setting

Laura should get a solo again though. Hell, she was one of the new who could actually carry her own book in the franchise.
    Yes I forgot her, her book was successful and the writer was able to create a world for here that didn’t feel like a mutant team book with focus on one character but an actual solo.

Give Si Spurrier a Legion-centric book set in this new era for the X-Men, you damn Marvel cowards!

-Pav, who was so disappointed by Milligan's Legion...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Storm, Namor, Magik, Psylocke, X-23

In that order...

Ultimate Member

I feel like certain characters have 'stories' going on in the background that are going neglected in all the big drama, and not really explored / resolved.

I'd like those characters in particular to have mini-series to sort of catch them up, since it seems like whatever is going on with them is not ever going to be satisfactorily resolved in-story, otherwise.

Examples;

Nightcrawler (demon-maggot body, no soul? Splainy. Resolve! Big mystical cross-dimensional quest not optional, but *mandatory,* with the 'Bamfs' finally finding a nice pocket dimension to call there home, perhaps something originally created by the Demiurge, who could guest star...)

Angel (I don't even know what the current state of his mind / body is. Can he still switch back and forth from feather wings to metal blade wings? Is he still mostly mindless, with Anole running his company because he lost all his memories?)

Banshee (he's back! And gross looking / kinda zombie-ish! And we are apparently never going to find out anything more about it! What's Siryn, now the Morrigan, got to say about zombie dad and his 'not quite dead again' status? Resolve her weird status, too, while we're at it! Maybe drag in some other death-related mutants, like Darwin, who last we saw, had 'adapted' to face down Hela by 'evolving' into some post-death entity like herself...)

Psylocke (she's Captain Britain! And caucasian again, even though that body died of Legacy (and is eyeless?)! And Kwannon is back in her asian body, and yet somehow also a mutant telepath now? Tell me more!)

Madrox (married! Dead, not dead, dead, not dead, dead, not dead, so boring how many times we've been told that 'no, this time, it's really him, Madrox Prime is dead!' and then he's back again, and ha ha, 'it was just a dupe, suckaz.' But, all that aside, he's friggin' married! I want satisfaction dammit! And I'd love to read that 'Madrox Prime' has been home on the farm with Layla the whole damn time, and has no idea what all this drama is about. He and Layla planted some carrots, and he helped a horse deliver a baby the week the news was all about those Terrigen clouds or whatever. That sounded bad... Now there's this island?)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-05-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The Bechdel test awaits Dazzler in her solo

Northstar, Dazzler, Karma, Doc Reyes, and a resurrected Jumbo Carnation in a book for mutants who keep one foot in the human world, and one on Krakoa. Ordinarily, I'd put Emma in this too, but she's doing her thing over in Marauders.

I think Banshee could be interesting with him finding out or already knowing some of the revelations around Moira X.

Siryn, Skin, and Synch as supporting characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nobody

Stick to teams.
    Seconded the X-Men have too many interesting characters to devote any sort of resources to solo titles in my opinion. Team books would work better but so few writers know how to juggle teams and balance out character arcs in between each individual members.