Page 100 of 440 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 6586
    Spectacular Member

I don’t know Grail. How would we explain how one hooks up with a Darksied?
    Grail's mother was, i think, raped by Darkseid. She kept Grail in order to destroy Darkseid. It didn't work that well. Darkseid is, after all. It's explained in Darkseid War. i recommand you read it if you didn't, because a lot of things happening in Darkseid War are the foundation of what we have in rebirth wonder woman. I re-read it sometimes because it is a very good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree, I say bring back Morgan Tracy. Make him Steve's boss at A.R.G.U.S. and a government thorn in Steve's side as well as Diana's. He could later be revealed to be an undercover leader of Kobra as well as secretly a mental illusion of Maxwell Lord. That's my controversial opinion, Maxwell Lord was a great villain for Diana. He just has to drive in a lane not already occupied by Dr. Psycho, who is the resident sexist, rapist, madman the book needs to rail against.
    Im with Kory. Bring back Morgan Tracy, as a slightly sinister Dale Cooper type...maybe, I Ching's son.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I swear sometimes I get dyslexia. I read that as "Bring back Tracy Morgan"

I was confused and interested and appalled all at the same time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hope one day they gave her back sensational comics. That this one focuses more on other aspects we don’t see
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-06-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think her shield or magic bracelets is necessary since she has superspeed.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Sounds like a lost episode of Thirty Rock to me. Get Alec Baldwin playing an aged Steve and I'm in.

LOL! I was typing and thinking "This name sounds familiar" it didn't dawn on me why until after I posted it.

I'm curious should Diana in comics either be the same age as Clarke and Bruce or much older?

Spectacular Member

For me she should be the age she looks like,so younger, like in n52 where she was 23. On paradise island she should stop aging though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious should Diana in comics either be the same age as Clarke and Bruce or much older?
    Diana around 100. Bruce around 110. Kal died around age 40, then again around age 30, and now he's about 30 again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like them physically around the same age, even if it's the version where Diana is immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I like the idea of Diana being immortal and having lived a few centuries on the Island before leaving (not thousands of years, but centuries works for me).

Physically I want her age to be hard to pin down. She should look like a mature, fully grown adult, and you'd probably lump her into the same generation as Superman just because of the way she carries herself (no young person has the confidence and grace and poise Diana effortlessly exhibits) but is she 25? 35? 45? Impossible to really guess.

For fans of the Wheel of Time, yes, I'm talking about something like the Aes Sedai agelessness.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

I like the idea of Diana being immortal and having lived a few centuries on the Island before leaving (not thousands of years, but centuries works for me).

Physically I want her age to be hard to pin down. She should look like a mature, fully grown adult, and you'd probably lump her into the same generation as Superman just because of the way she carries herself (no young person has the confidence and grace and poise Diana effortlessly exhibits) but is she 25? 35? 45? Impossible to really guess.

For fans of the Wheel of Time, yes, I'm talking about something like the Aes Sedai agelessness.
    I can live with this.

There are three separate issues here imo.

1. How old are they? For me, ideally, Superman should be about 50ish, Bruce 35is, Diana hundreds +.
    2. How old do they appear? Superman should look a bit about 30ish, Bruce a bit older and Diana around 25-30, but with an ageless quality.
    3. When did they become superheroes? I'm torn on this one. As a traditionalist, I want to give all due honor to Superman being the first, but given that he's also the best at everything with Diana being immortal? I lean towards Diana 1st, Superman 2nd, Batman 3rd.

Superman is long lived, Diana is immortal and Batman a toughened, long******d human being.

The reason I want Diana to be so old? I want her to earn the wisdom of Athena, to have legitimately learned hundreds of languages, and for her to be, without a doubt, the best hand-to-hand fighter in the DCU. I want her to have all that training and experience under her belt before she debuts. In debates, I hear 'well, XYZ trained for years or ABC travelled around and learned all these fighting techniques' as reasons for why they should be as good as, if not better than, Diana in melee combat.

I want there to be no other superhero with her extensive experience, just as there is no other superhero smarter than Batman, and no other superhero stronger than Superman.

I also would love to see them make her a scientist again, but I'm just chasing rainbows on that one. It's one of the things that hooked me on the character and one of the reasons I ended up working in medical research. Before we saw her throw a punch, put on a costume or perform any heroics, we saw her inventing the purple healing ray.

In this way we can have her not be the only child. She is the last child born along with her best friend Mala. One thing I’m torn with is the idea that she was part of JSA. But came part to the island at some part. Also if we have Steve still part of her origin and love life maybe the gods blessed him with immortality.