Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rather than just being the Avengers of Europe, I'd rather they just bring back Excalibur. I mean Captain Britain and Nightcrawler's team, not the way they keep trying to reinvent it as an X-book.

Make it like it used to be, a team of European heroes. Some of them are mutants, but it's not a mutant book.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Rather than just being the Avengers of Europe, I'd rather they just bring back Excalibur. I mean Captain Britain and Nightcrawler's team, not the way they keep trying to reinvent it as an X-book.

Make it like it used to be, a team of European heroes. Some of them are mutants, but it's not a mutant book.
    what was the name of the group Pym and his team worked with during Dark Reign that was an interesting concept I thought. You could use a few more international characters to be true to this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Perfectly put.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    what was the name of the group Pym and his team worked with during Dark Reign that was an interesting concept I thought. You could use a few more international characters to be true to this concept.
    Which group, there was several?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_23
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

People's Defense Force, the Chinese superhero team? Or GRAMPA, the organization?
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You had me at Bill the Lobster.

And your last statement reminds me, someone when I first got here, in one of the many team builders floating around, came up w. an international team just like you suggested; LoSH large in numbers, w. satellites over various continents, and a lot of drama and plotting back and forth between the various governments (and some of the heroes) as they all tried to function together and save the world.
    It was a REALLY GREAT idea that read like the pitch for a book I’d def. get!
    That sounds awesome.

Maybe this global team could be the superhuman branch of Interpol? Interpol has almost 200 member countries that it covers, so from a team building standpoint -- or even from an original creation standpoint -- putting a team together would be a blast. For sanity's sake I'd limit it to 20 active members (one champion for every 10 countries), plus a governing board of 5 individuals who operate as field leaders and diplomatic liaisons.

So...is 25 enough? If so, pick 25 of your favorite heroes with no more than 3 US citizens on the team. (Note: only 1 US citizen can serve as a field leader. The other 4 chairs have to be filled by citizens from other nations.) Lastly, feel free to use characters from any fictional nation/dimension formally recognized outside of the USA, like Atlantis, Latveria, Wakanda, Symkaria, Olympia, Otherworld, K'un-Lun, Lemuria, Madripoor, etc.

Ready, set... go!!!

Spectacular Member

This would be very interesting, an official real avengers world team. It'll be nice to see heroes from all around the world in a team, not all being in the US.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

We’ve got Alpha Flight, Squadron Supreme USA, Winter Guard, People’s Defense Force, and the New Agent’s of Atlas, having a European centric team makes perfect sense.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    People's Defense Force, the Chinese superhero team? Or GRAMPA, the organization?
    GRAMPA that is it, they could only operate outside the US.

Would work as a international team Avenger or otherwise.
    Last edited by pageturner; 07-12-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

There's also the Kinsmen who showed up in Marvel Comics Presents #43 and the Knights of Pendragon.

GRAMPA that is it, they could only operate outside the US.

Would work as a international team Avenger or otherwise.
    A group that debuted in the same issue as Amadeus Cho - Amazing Fantasy #15. The idea was to launch several new concepts and hope to have another creation as big as Spider-Man, who debuted in the other Amazing Fantasy #15. Amadeus was the only one with any longevity, but at least he wasn't the only one to ever be used again at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That sounds awesome.

Maybe this global team could be the superhuman branch of Interpol? Interpol has almost 200 member countries that it covers, so from a team building standpoint -- or even from an original creation standpoint -- putting a team together would be a blast. For sanity's sake I'd limit it to 20 active members (one champion for every 10 countries), plus a governing board of 5 individuals who operate as field leaders and diplomatic liaisons.

So...is 25 enough? If so, pick 25 of your favorite heroes with no more than 3 US citizens on the team. (Note: only 1 US citizen can serve as a field leader. The other 4 chairs have to be filled by citizens from other nations.) Lastly, feel free to use characters from any fictional nation/dimension formally recognized outside of the USA, like Atlantis, Latveria, Wakanda, Symkaria, Olympia, Otherworld, K'un-Lun, Lemuria, Madripoor, etc.

Ready, set... go!!!
    ^^^the thing about a team like this, even w. a cast this large is, no matter who I pick, someone’s going to feel everyone isn’t represented, this person doesn’t actually go w. that country...basically not everyone’s going to be happy. Bearing that in mind, I decided to build a team I’M happy with, and encourage others to do the same cuz, well, it’s fun.

THE BOARD
    Adam Brashear
    (Brilliant charismatic American powerhouse w. leadership experience. He’s basically my Obama.)

Dr. Crocodile
    (Powerful Mbangawi cyborg, but fights for the little guy. No matter the country, he’ll make sure they don’t get run over for the sake of the mission.)

Temugin
    (Has a keen mind, and a mix of modern and traditional China wants at the table.)

Meggan
    (The Brits send in a charmer, who can do w. a smile what others can’t using raw power.)

Vanguard
    (A dominant personality who wont be ignored. He’s a warrior, and will pull his weight, demanding others do the same.)

MEMBERS
    Dr. Strange
    Iron Man
    (The US Govt likes Brashear, but they trust Tony Stark. And Stark trusts Dr. Strange, especially as concerns magical matters.)

Shuri
    Moses Magnum
    (Shuri represents Wakanda at Black Panther’s request, and Magnum represents big business and political influence, which he uses to get on the team.)

Collective Man
    Jade Dragon
    (China allows Temugin to choose his seconds, and he opts for two that invoke the power of the Country’s ppl and its history.)

Pete Wisdom
    Faiza Hussain
    (Pete Wisdom is that guy who’s going to see the angles being played, while Faiza is going to try and bring out the good in everyone.)

Starlight
    Crimson Dynamo
    (Russia wants both its raw power and scientific knowledge on display.)

Namora
    Namorita
    (While Namor can’t be bothered to show up, he knows the Royal Family will represent Atlantis’ interests on his behalf.)

Guardian
    Sasquatch
    (Canada sends two of its best and brightest, one who’s their Captain America, the other their Hulk.)

Sersi
    Makkari
    (Truth be told no one expected The Eternals to actually show up. A lot of ppl are suspicious that they have.)

Ka-Zar
    Shanna
    (An English citizen, Ka-Zar makes it clear he and Shanna are representing The Savage Land, one of earth’s last great unspoiled places, it’s second biggest source of Vibranium, and site of frequent incursions by other countries.)

Hiro Takachiho
    Red Ronin
    (The future of Japan, Hiro will do his Country proud. Providing his muscle is Red Ronin, operator unknown.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A group that debuted in the same issue as Amadeus Cho - Amazing Fantasy #15. The idea was to launch several new concepts and hope to have another creation as big as Spider-Man, who debuted in the other Amazing Fantasy #15. Amadeus was the only one with any longevity, but at least he wasn't the only one to ever be used again at all.
    Just like with WAND or MI-13 it is a group that I would like to see come back.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^the thing about a team like this, even w. a cast this large is, no matter who I pick, someone’s going to feel everyone isn’t represented, this person doesn’t actually go w. that country...basically not everyone’s going to be happy. Bearing that in mind, I decided to build a team I’M happy with, and encourage others to do the same cuz, well, it’s fun.
    See, this is a book that I would buy. Everywhere you turn, interesting characters.

Maybe this is the direction Marvel should take? Instead of cancelling all of these titles, collapse everyone into one ginormous global team under one banner. That way you can still deal with those individual crisis, albeit with the aid of additional team members. Even a team like Strikeforce could be subsumed by the global force, but they may have to wall off the members to deal with their specific threat. It could all be handled on a need to know basis by one member of the Board, until the threat is resolved.

And it's ok if not every nation/culture/ethnicity is represented at first, because there would undoubtedly be turnover and attrition to the roster. It's also possible that some countries either don't have heroes, or their one hero prefers not to join the global force for whatever reason. The organization would nevertheless have a team assigned to cover the specific challenges of a given region and provide aid and tactical support to local authorities. Putting the action teams together, assessing future talent and recruitment would be part of the Board's bailiwick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Why don't they just use the teams like Alpha Flight, Winter Guard, and Excaliber as they are? They don't need to be lumped into yet another Avengers team.
    I'd be okay with an Avengers International that used these teams. They could mix and match and add the old guard as needed. The sad truth is that these teams don't get much support in their own books-- even when there is talent behind them.