Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    He has to be something he literally killed peter and brought him back just to kill him again
    How can Peter defeat a supernatural being like Kindred?

This looks like he'd need help from Dr. Strange to defeat Kindred.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

That is the issue... physical attacks do nothing to Kindred... especially if he's a demonic spirit possessing dead bodies. In order to win, Pete's going to need some kind of advantage.

Astonishing Member

Nothing in this whole story has been what we thought, so there's a high possibility Kindred is not so supernatural either. I mean, Doc Ock discovered he controlled his centipedes in a similar way that Ant-Man controls ants; and it was revealed he uses Chameleon's serum to change its appearance. If its powers are supernatural, why would he need a serum like Chameleon's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Nothing in this whole story has been what we thought, so there's a high possibility Kindred is not so supernatural either. I mean, Doc Ock discovered he controlled his centipedes in a similar way that Ant-Man controls ants; and it was revealed he uses Chameleon's serum to change its appearance. If its powers are supernatural, why would he need a serum like Chameleon's?
    It would be weird to have a story where the twist is nothing is supernatural featuring Mephisto in it. LOL

Also, the whole Mordo and Dr. Strange not noticing he isn't supernatural would be, kind of, eh....

Honestly, the run would make so little sense it would really piss me off at this point if that were the case.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-09-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    It would be weird to have a story where the twist is nothing is supernatural featuring Mephisto in it. LOL

Also, the whole Mordo and Dr. Strange not noticing he isn't supernatural would be, kind of, eh....

Honestly, the run would make so little sense it would really piss me off at this point if that were the case.
    I didn't say there wasn't a supernatural factor here, but if many of his abilities were actually technological that means he's not as powerful as it seems.

He can’t which is why he isn’t Spider-Man after this

Extraordinary Member

He has before, you acting he hasn't fought supernaturals before.Mf'er convinced Lady death to let him and a girl go back to the living, beat Zarathos by sheer power of will surprising both Mephisto and Beyonder and shaped all of reality twice once by Nightmare(God of fear) and Once by sheer will in the nexus of all realities.
    Aside from this he has fought multiple supernaturals.
    Doc Ock has shown tech affects Kindred and magic itself and Peter has consistently shown to be smarter than him, he'll win if the plot let's him.

Extraordinary Member

He can’t which is why he isn’t Spider-Man after this
    Acc. to solicits he will be around after this and will go down in Beyond 2nd issue.That may be a lie but that's what we have if you are talking about Beyond.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is. "Mysterio hypnotized people" going to become the new "it was a doombot"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is. "Mysterio hypnotized people" going to become the new "it was a doombot"
    Or dead villain actually fled to Europe (usually for a decade+ and to amass power for a shocking return).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I think I've made it pretty damn clear that I am all for clone-based nonsense and dear god did this deliver!

We got regular clones, advanced/altered/gene-splice clones, mind clones and potentially a ghost clone. This was awesome (at least from a needlessly convoluted clone perspective)!

That and the whole issue was a massive fuck you to Sins Past. *chef's kiss*

One question, if it's all clone bollocks why on Earth would Spencer not use, y'know, The Jackal... THE FUCKING CLONE GUY?!?!?!?

It's kinda weird that Spencer has used basically everyone except Jackal (while still including clones) and Hobgoblin. Like, when he randomly used Count Nefario, Juggernaut, et al (yes, I know Peter previously faced them all), why not cram in Hobby and a few other missing villains?

And thanks to Spiderfan001 for explaining the 2 Kindreds thing. It makes more sense than their teleporting briefly between Pete and MJ's parts (or they're being at separate times) and I don't think that was perfectly explained in the issue.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-10-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I don’t understand it either like it or not the clone saga is a big part of Spider-Man history the jackal can create the perfect clone

Incredible Member

I don’t understand it either like it or not the clone saga is a big part of Spider-Man history the jackal can create the perfect clone
    And as we saw from the Clone Conspiracy, that cloning/revival process allowed people to retain memories from the moment of their death, which makes it more of a resurrection than a cloning. So, yeah. The no mentioning of the Jackal is kinda… hmm.

But, there is enough mixed in with this story enough as it is. And with the Osborn’s ties to Gwens death, the Jackal would probably never side with Harry or Norman anyways.

Don't forget the Jackal is dead. Yeah, I know. But still. Slott killed him while going out of his way to establish he was in fact the original; you'd have to do another retcon, and on a very recent story. All for a character whose motivations and MO have been all over the place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Don't forget the Jackal is dead. Yeah, I know. But still. Slott killed him while going out of his way to establish he was in fact the original; you'd have to do another retcon, and on a very recent story. All for a character whose motivations and MO have been all over the place.
    That… is true. I forgot.

And if the real, original Jackal is indeed now dead, I hope he stays that way, lol.