Page 392 of 774 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 11598

I did like seeing the classic suit again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Being a mutant is not the issue, regressive misogynistic writing and corporate wars are the real culprits, all stuff that lead her out of any publication and character limbo
    So we can all agree House of M which is exactly the product of what you mentioned can go to hell?
    Or is it too popular to die?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are linked and not separate. They even had the same writer.
    And the same editor….you know the one that decided no book about her was needed during wandavision a period of maximum mediatic exposure
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Avengers disassembled came before house of m, if you wanna look for the moment they started to character assassinate her again after the Byrne years look no further
    Yeah, and it belongs right beside HoM in the garbage can, won't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So we can all agree House of M which is exactly the product of what you mentioned can go to hell?
    Or is it too popular to die?
    Of course I despise house of m but that’s 50% of the **** that was dumped on her
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, and it belongs right beside HoM in the garbage can, won't you agree?
    That’s why I’m saying the avengers office did nothing to change the tune and rehabilitate her, she was just discarded like a used up bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This feels like in certain realms perhaps wanda "no more mutants" is used as a rallying cry or symbolisim for "no more..." insert something else. Because it's not about liking it or disliking it or being cautious what i'm not getting is the utter disdain and anger for what it may potentially mean. Notice the posts have not been about specific outcomes but rather ties to or being mutant.
    What's the disconnect? You are active on the Storm forum so I know you understand the frustration people had with Ororo's narrative over the last decade. Right now we have a hint at a potential story that will retread Wanda's worst moments where most of her character development was ignored or retconned, removed her from the comics narrative for a decade, and vilified her in the eyes of a corner of the MU. This all stemmed from her history with Magneto - I'm not saying this is the X-offices fault, but there is an understandable reticence when it comes to stories involving Wanda and the X-office. And while the Avengers Office is at fault for committing the worst thing to her character, the X-office hasn't really offered her anything either. Again, it's a nice moment between Wanda and Magneto. I personally am going to wait and see where this actually situates Wanda before applauding it for righting wrongs.

That’s why I’m saying the avengers office did nothing to change the tune and rehabilitate her, she was just discarded like a used up bicycle
    Joe Quesada came up with the idea and both sides of Marvel went with it. It's not like they work independently.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    What's the disconnect? You are active on the Storm forum so I know you understand the frustration people had with Ororo's narrative over the last decade. Right now we have a hint at a potential story that will retread Wanda's worst moments where most of her character development was ignored or retconned, removed her from the comics narrative for a decade, and vilified her in the eyes of a corner of the MU. This all stemmed from her history with Magneto - I'm not saying this is the X-offices fault, but there is an understandable reticence when it comes to stories involving Wanda and the X-office. And while the Avengers Office is at fault for committing the worst thing to her character, the X-office hasn't really offered her anything either. Again, it's a nice moment between Wanda and Magneto. I personally am going to wait and see where this actually situates Wanda before applauding it for righting wrongs.
    Your right and i understand. Maybe you should read the thread too because that thread is part of the reason i know the difference between disappointment and frustration vs flat out anger over an idea of something actually happening. How can one say only bad things happen to wanda when she is with mutants and want nothing to do with them but all those ideas were birthed in the main office they are apparently clamoring for her to be in. Make it make sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    She never was under the purview of the x-office she was just used as an hammer to pummel the x-franchise from a different editorial area and then discarded
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-23-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Sooooo, you wanna seek another round of disappointment from X-office instead?
    With some touchy family flavor, anything that makes Wanda feel off is acceptable right?

And the same editor….you know the one that decided no book about her was needed during wandavision a period of maximum mediatic exposure
    Breevort isn't the one in charge of that at the moment. That is CB Cebulski. And Breevort did not come up with the idea for Disassembled/HoM. That was Quesada and Bendis. But all of Marvel went with it. All of them.

She never was under the purview of the x-office she was just used as an hammer to pummel the x-franchise from a different editorial area and the discarded
    So you mean even if the x-office made her look bad the main office had to be aware and sign off on it? Or worse yet, just didn't care? ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your right and i understand. Maybe you should read the thread too because that thread is part of the reason i know the difference between disappointment and frustration vs flat out anger over an idea of something actually happening. How can one say only bad things happen to wanda when she is with mutants and want nothing to do with them but all those ideas were birthed in the main office they are apparently clamoring for her to be in. Make it make sense.
    Because Marvel is one entity. Not the X vs. A office. And Wanda makes no appearances without approval. Her being in comics is bare minimum. Hopefully it's good. Usually it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Joe Quesada came up with the idea and both sides of Marvel went with it. It's not like they work independently.
    Quesada is gone and tune is always the same, do you really believe the x-office were ok with the house of m disaster, I very much doubt so but they had to take the punch on the chin anyway