Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Stilt-Man used to give Spider-Man and Daredevil a hard time but now he is comic relief, he is now a joke
    Daredevil even recently talked about how Stilt-Man was more than just a guy who got tall and was a threat.

I made a comment above about Thunderball's power armor...finally tracked down a pick if there was anyone who was interested. It is from the old ASM Round Robin storyline..

Astonishing Member

Galactus

Loki

And definitely thanos imo

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Batroc has his niche as honorable merc, but someone will inevitably have him workimg for Hydra or whatever again.
    I don't get Batroc's moral stance. He seems to develop a conscience at weird times and inconsistently. He's not against killing; that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Speaking of thunderball, I saw the recent captain America, where bulldozer still had his helmet. I wasn’t aware that was a permanent thing.
    I think he is wearing it so we can identify him. It's like Jack o Lantern playing pool with his big pumpkinhead on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Daredevil even recently talked about how Stilt-Man was more than just a guy who got tall and was a threat.

I made a comment above about Thunderball's power armor...finally tracked down a pick if there was anyone who was interested. It is from the old ASM Round Robin storyline..

[IMG]https://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06G]
    Neat. But I'm not expecting him to keep the Thunderball name. He'd benefit from the Thunderbolt treatment if it came with a new identity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Neat. But I'm not expecting him to keep the Thunderball name. He'd benefit from the Thunderbolt treatment if it came with a new identity.
    My point is...that if he does go good then Wrecker is not likely to share any power with him and instead of having to find a new super power source he has the suit.

Sandman had a natural and organic change of heart that started with a friendship with Ben Grimm post-merger with Hydro-Man and grew until he was a reserve Avenger. Then somebody (maybe Byrne in his terrible Spider-Man book) did a lot of heavy lifting to artificially undo all the natural character growth that had been done. Sandman's currently somewhere in the middle of the road and someone should really permanently push him to the side of good, since that was where his true nature ultimately lies anymore.

Is Magneto even a villain at this point. Dude bounces back and forth so much, it's hard to tell. At this point, it seems like hes spent more time as a hero/anti-villain than a villain. I don't even think he deserves the title of "The X-Men's arch-enemy" anymore.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is Magneto even a villain at this point. Dude bounces back and forth so much, it's hard to tell. At this point, it seems like hes spent more time as a hero/anti-villain than a villain. I don't even think he deserves the title of "The X-Men's arch-enemy" anymore.
    Cullen Bunn has been writing him for the longest. When fans complained about Bunn making him a villain again and Bunn says Magneto has never been a hero. lol Least not the one he's been writing for these last few years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I think they've made him more morally grey than anything. From a certain point of view, Magneto's intentions aren't bad. It is how he goes about realizing his goals that is where he comes up against opposition. But Xavier has always been appealing to his better nature since the beginning. Maybe having a holocaust survivor act in a manner similar to the Nazis is too much for current editorial? But I do agree, he hasn't been a villain for so long now that any attempt to return to that status quo is like forcing a square into a round hole.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Doctor Doom and Ultron come to mind for the sheer amount of missed opportunities where it was a step backwards.
    Indeed, they have certainly trended towards the heroic in recent years. These are the two examples I thought of as well, plus Magneto.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-12-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think they've made him more morally grey than anything. From a certain point of view, Magneto's intentions aren't bad. It is how he goes about realizing his goals that is where he comes up against opposition. But Xavier has always been appealing to his better nature since the beginning. Maybe having a holocaust survivor act in a manner similar to the Nazis is too much for current editorial? But I do agree, he hasn't been a villain for so long now that any attempt to return to that status quo is like forcing a square into a round hole.
    I see Magneto as kind of existing in his own little area where he's very hard to classify. I don't see his backslides into villainy as going against development so much as being part of his character. I think his intentions are generally good, but he has this violent dark side where if you push the right buttons, he'll snap and go dark. And it's been fairly consistent for years, where he just kind of dances between anti-hero and anti-villain because he just can't seem to keep his more extreme impulses under control in certain circumstances. I'd like to see him actually manage it, but I also don't really see it as regression when he has one of his villain moments, because it's been built into his character over the years. Unless it's like super extreme. I definitely think he's moved well beyond his mustache twirler origins. At worst he's a bad guy you can sympathize with these days.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-12-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Magneto toes the line enough to where he can sometimes believably be on the X-Men's side as one of their staunchest allies or turn against them at the drop of a hat into their deadliest enemy.

I guess that's one things the movies got right with his constant flip-flopping .

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Magneto toes the line enough to where he can sometimes believably be on the X-Men's side as one of their staunchest allies or turn against them at the drop of a hat into their deadliest enemy.

I guess that's one things the movies got right with his constant flip-flopping .
    He's still decent enough. The king of flip-flopping is still Daken. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My point is...that if he does go good then Wrecker is not likely to share any power with him and instead of having to find a new super power source he has the suit.
    right. and what I was getting at is that the powers are an afterthought. it's the name that would be the issue. I think Wrecker would think that the name 'Thunderball' belongs to a member of the Wrecking Crew. there are a thousand different ways to get new powers. Doc Franklin has the ingenuity. he would just need the money/resources.