Page 116 of 827 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    ****, somewhere out there Donnie Yen is probably like "Oh great NOW y'all do this."

I want to see who throws their hat into the ring for the Shang Chi part as Jet Li, Donnie Yen and even Tony Jaa and them are too old now.

All I can think is some K-Pop dude or some Canto Pop Idol I've never heard of is gonna get the role
    I can't wait for all the inevitable fan casting that casts Martial arts dudes that can't act lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I bet this came about because of the backlash from Ironfist season 1.
    It's a lot simpler than that. They saw how Black Panther literally printed money for them and got a bunch of positive buzz, which opened up a bunch of conversations about audiences wanting more diversity in their superhero movies. Now they look at China, one of the biggest film markets on the planet. Disney's eyes turned into dollar signs.

Add to it that the Netflix shows are going bye-bye (the only other platform where it arguably would've made sense to do this), and it's pretty simple. Plus with the Netflix characters likely being persona non grata, they'll be like "Danny Rand who?"

Last edited by Holt; 12-03-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wonder if they will use the Mandarin as a villain.
    Wasn't his Archenemy his dad who was also Fu Manchu? I know they changed his name but he was still kind of...Fu Manchu .
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The eternals and shang chi are pretty deep cuts to those who just watch the movies. Next thing you know, they'res going to be an Agents of Atlas or New Warriors movie, Jimmy Woo was already in Ant-Man and the Wasp, I don't know about Namora though.
    I'd be very surprised if Jimmy "what the dickens?" Woo from Ant-Man and The Wasp ends up leading the Agents of Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The eternals and shang chi are pretty deep cuts to those who just watch the movies. Next thing you know, they'res going to be an Agents of Atlas or New Warriors movie, Jimmy Woo was already in Ant-Man and the Wasp, I don't know about Namora though.
    People who just watch the movies didn't know characters like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man or Dr. Strange either. They'll watch these new movies because of the marvel brand (assuming they don't get tired of that particular brand).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Wonder if they will use the Mandarin as a villain.
    I'm sure they won't. They'll use either the name changed version of Shang Chi's father or possibly go in a completely different direction.

This Shang Chi news is long overdue. I think Marvel got the call from all the Ironfist backlash.
    The J-man

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't his Archenemy his dad who was also Fu Manchu? I know they changed his name but he was still kind of...Fu Manchu .

I'd be very surprised if Jimmy "what the dickens?" Woo from Ant-Man and The Wasp ends up leading the Agents of Atlas.
    Marvel lost the rights to use the name "Fu Manchu" but even if they hadn't some might have found it problematic. They came up with a simple work around by just changing his name. Incidentally, they changed Yellow Claw ( who was another Fu Manchu rip-off) to Golden Claw in the Agents of Atlas comic.
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-03-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Something I've been considering for a while. What if instead of being a Scarab host, Jaime was depicted as being a human superhero just like Ted. We don't have a lot of human heroes of color in the DC universe, let alone ones as smart as Ted or Bruce.
    Hilariously, despite such sincere intentions, that would backfire on the PR side of things. You'd see "Stop Taking Power Away From Minorities" articles on Mary Sue, The Guardian, and the like pop up overnight.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 12-03-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Damn DC and Marvel playing a game of one upmanship! DC makes first female led superhero film, Marvel makes first Black led superhero movie, DC announces first Latino led superhero film, and now Marvel announces first Asian led superhero film! DC about to announce an LGBT led film huh? Batwoman? Midnighter? Harley & Poison Ivy... Lol
    I would DIE if Midnighter film was ever announced.

Batwoman is going to be on Green Arrow/Flash crossover. And from what i understand, Margot Robbie wants to tackle the Ivy and Harley relationship in her upcoming movie or franchise.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Hilariously, despite such sincere intentions, that would backfire on the PR side of things. You'd see "Stop Taking Power Away From Minorities" articles on Mary Sue, The Guardian, and the like pop up overnight.
    No, I meant what if that had been how Jaime had been depicted from the very beginning.

Mighty Member

No, I meant what if that had been how Jaime had been depicted from the very beginning.
    Ah. I see. An interesting question. Don't really know whether that'd be an improvement or not.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's a lot simpler than that. They saw how Black Panther literally printed money for them and got a bunch of positive buzz, which opened up a bunch of conversations about audiences wanting more diversity in their superhero movies. Now they look at China, one of the biggest film markets on the planet. Disney's eyes turned into dollar signs.

Add to it that the Netflix shows are going bye-bye (the only other platform where it arguably would've made sense to do this), and it's pretty simple. Plus with the Netflix characters likely being persona non grata, they'll be like "Danny Rand who?"

As a character I'm sure Danny Rand would admit that Shang-Chi is the better fighter. As someone posted on twitter if Disney wants the shows for their streaming service they can pay Netflix to release them. Characters wise , I wouldn't be shocked if a deal is in place like...if no shows are created in a year or two ...Marvel can use them.

A Power Man & Iron Fist series with 2 guys from different worlds would be fun to watch. (A buddy cop/bounty hunter show with super villains) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Son anyone got any thoughts on this thing with tumblr banning all adult content?

Add to it that the Netflix shows are going bye-bye (the only other platform where it arguably would've made sense to do this), and it's pretty simple.
    Lol wut?

Disney has a whole streaming service prepared to make TV shows where budget is of no concern it seems. So... huh lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Son anyone got any thoughts on this thing with tumblr banning all adult content?
    It is gonna doom the platform if it wasn't already doomed. I think i read it was responsible for 20% of the posts or traffic? I don't know many businesses that can survive losing 20% overnight. Especially not one as niche as tumblr.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-04-2018 at 06:11 AM.