The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    With her great resume of selling lies to people? What the f***? Is she just going to tell people going cold turkey is easy, and hope they believe her, or...?
    "Cold Turkey...it's what you have after Thanksgiving!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    "Bad to Worse" seems to be this administrations motto.
    It's like just when we think the elevator has hit the bottm of the shaft Trump breaks through the floor and there's a whole other shaft beneath.
    I feel like we've fallen into one of those bottomless Super Mario Bros pits. Some days I would welcome a glimpse of the jagged rocks at the bottom just to break up the tedium of all this falling.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert on my phone that criminal charges have been filed against Michael Flynn.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone that criminal charges have been filed against Michael Flynn.
    Yeah, personally I think he could have been charged with a lot more than just Lying to the FBI but I guess that is part of the plea deal.

Watching MSNBC, saying that this charge may be the only one Flynn is willing to admit to but there is more that the FBI and Muller is holding over his head.

This is in exchange for some really serious testimony. Looking forward to see who gets toppled from this testimony.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, personally I think he could have been charged with a lot more than just Lying to the FBI but I guess that is part of the plea deal.

Watching MSNBC, saying that this charge may be the only one Flynn is willing to admit to but there is more that the FBI and Muller is holding over his head.

This is in exchange for some really serious testimony. Looking forward to see who gets toppled from this testimony.
    A plea hearing is set for 10:30. Don't know if it'll be televised or not. Perhaps more information will be revealed after that.

Hoooly shiiiit

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, is expected to plead guilty on Friday to lying to the F.B.I. about two conversations with the Russian ambassador last December during the presidential transition.
    The charges were the latest indication that Mr. Flynn was cooperating with the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. Mr. Flynn was scheduled to appear in federal court in Washington at 10:30 on Friday morning.
    A plea deal with Mr. Flynn brings Mr. Mueller’s investigation into Mr. Trump’s inner circle. A plea agreement suggests that Mr. Flynn provided information to prosecutors, which may help advance the inquiry.
    Mr. Flynn’s lawyers recently told the president’s legal team that they could no longer discuss the special counsel’s investigation as they had been — a sign that Mr. Flynn had decided to cooperate with the prosecution.
    Mr. Flynn was charged with making false statements to F.B.I. agents about two discussions with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak. Lying to the F.B.I. carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/u...stigation.html

A plea hearing is set for 10:30. Don't know if it'll be televised or not. Perhaps more information will be revealed after that.
    Looks like Flynn is arriving at the court with his lawyer. Unless this is an open hearing, it might be a while before the news reports anything on it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He only got one charge because it's a plea deal.

And his son is not part of it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looks like Flynn is arriving at the court with his lawyer. Unless this is an open hearing, it might be a while before the news reports anything on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He only got one charge because it's a plea deal.

And his son is not part of it.
    According to this tweet Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

What are the odds that Flynn is getting flipped? Ohhhhh, what's he going to reveal to save himself?

Edit*

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    According to this tweet Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians."
    HOLY SHIT!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ahem.

I NEEDED ANOTHER POST TO WRITE IN ALL CAPITALS HOW ELATED AND TERRIFIED I FEEL!! COULD THIS BE IT?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Methinks it'll soon be DEFCON 5 at the White House. That's not a smoking gun, boys and girls, that's a smoking howitzer!!

Meanwhile....

Senate GOP tax plan hits deficit snag, leaving leaders scrambling

A fast-moving Senate Republican effort to overhaul the tax code unexpectedly stalled Thursday evening over concerns about the federal deficit, leaving the GOP without a clear plan to pass the legislation.

Senate leadership, who had hoped to vote to pass the $1.5 trillion tax bill by late Thursday night, instead sent lawmakers home and began to search for a new way to offset the cost of the legislation. They are looking to win the support of several senators, including Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who has led a small group of colleagues in demanding that the bill not drive up the nation's debt.

Now, Republican leaders may have to brace for an intraparty battle over how far to go to accommodate deficit concerns. Other Republicans are arguing strongly against reducing the size of the bill's tax cut, as may now be necessary to satisfy the deficit hawks.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Methinks it'll soon be DEFCON 5 at the White House. That's not a smoking gun, boys and girls, that's a smoking howitzer!!
    You won't have Bigly Bighands to kick around anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I needed another post to write in all caps how elated and terrified i feel right now!! COULD THIS BE IT?!?!
    They are willing to back kiddy diddlers as long as they aren't Liberuls, so it depends on if the proof is damning enough to make them turn on Trump.

However the fact that the stock market is in a freefall might convince their corporate overlords to say "Fuck Trump" after all.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Worst case scenario Trump stays in office until he get's reelected or lose reelection. Best case scenario he resigns, i doubt he'll get impeached.