Page 142 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3110
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    If done right, Jon/Jay could capitalize on this fan demand since, as you’ve noted, that kind of queer epic--a love story turned into an idealogical divide--isn’t being done with Clark or even other mainstream heroes. Jon and Jay wouldn't say "I loved you like a brother" but "I loved you." That's big. Only recently are queer characters moving on from just being side characters and the B plot to being the main characters, giving space for lots of development. And letting Jon and Jay go through every extreme of a relationship just feeds the fan investment even more.

Maybe a stupid question but... Will Jay be written to be Jon's love of life, or will Jon have several romantic relationships throughout his life?
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but... Will Jay be written to be Jon's love of life, or will Jon have several romantic relationships throughout his life?
    Jon is only 17 years old I prefer that he has many romantic relationships in his life
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-19-2021 at 11:37 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Very doubtful. As pointed out, Jon's only 17. Likely a big part of really pushing Jon as the new, younger Superman is the fact that he doesn't have to be married or even have a definitive love of his life. Get an unmarried and "single and ready to mingle" Superman has been a goal of DC's since the year 2000. It's pretty much impossible for that to stick and be the case with Clark now-- with DC/WB even doubling down and making the current two screen adaptations of Clark (Superman & Lois and My Adventures With Superman) versions where he's either long married or at the start of what is clearly a love story with the love of his life.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member

only time will tell, we havent seen a a new teen character get focus like this before

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    Jon is only 17 years old I prefer that he has several romantic relationships in his life
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Very doubtful. As pointed out, Jon's only 17. Likely a big part of really pushing Jon as the new, younger Superman is the fact that he doesn't have to be married or even have a definitive love of his life. Get an unmarried and "single and ready to mingle" Superman has been a goal of DC's since the year 2000. It's pretty much impossible for that to stick and be the case with Clark now-- with DC/WB even doubling down and making the current two screen adaptations of Clark (Superman & Lois and My Adventures With Superman) versions where he's either long married or at the start of what is clearly a love story with the love of his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    only time will tell, we havent seen a a new teen character get focus like this before
    Yeah, I also think that Jay will not be the only romantic partner in Jon's life: he is very young & single Jon is more appealing to me indeed.

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Jon Kent, however, I hope that Taylor, DC, & comics readers will be able to handle Jon's bisexuality with respect.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Mighty Member

Before Jon 'came out' Superman: Son of Kal-El was one of the few books whose ranking improved during the course of the week, it seems this trend has continued post outing.

On ComiXology Superman: Son of Kal-El #4 debuted at number #5 and today it is at number #4 taking the spot from Batman/Catwoman.

Yeah it’s safe to say it’s a sales success at this point. Whether it continues to be depends on Taylor’s ability to sustain interest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm in the group that also hopes Jonathan has several romantic relationships I'd say at 17 he's too young to find himself a love of life. He should be out having the best time of his life, whilst dealing with villains.

I'm open to Jon having other love interests, I am just nervous that that will be used as a way to put him with a woman and erase his bisexuality. DC has done that with other queer character like Catwoman and Wonder Woman, so I think that's a valid concern. Even more so when you consider how rare prominent queer men are in comics. They could put him with a woman and not have to have a visible queer character and still claim credit for him being LGBT. Not unlike how Marvel loves to brag about Deadpool being pan despite never having a male partner.

Yeah, I also think that Jay will not be the only romantic partner in Jon's life: he is very young & single Jon is more appealing to me indeed.

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Jon Kent, however, I hope that Taylor, DC, & comics readers will be able to handle Jon's bisexuality with respect.
    Well, since the Legion of Super Heroes are canon, and Mon-El was revealed to be his great-great-great-great....grandson, I think it's almost safe to say he's going to have a lot of love interests. In addition, in House of El, Brandon Kent is also known to be his descendant.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Well, since the Legion of Super Heroes are canon, and Mon-El was revealed to be his great-great-great-great....grandson, I think it's almost safe to say he's going to have a lot of love interests. In addition, in House of El, Brandon Kent is also known to be his descendant.
    With things like Kon being created from Lex and Clark’s DNA and the existence of Kryptonian gestation matrix, I don’t rule out the possibility that Jon could have a biological child with Jay or another male partner.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm open to Jon having other love interests, I am just nervous that that will be used as a way to put him with a woman and erase his bisexuality. DC has done that with other queer character like Catwoman and Wonder Woman, so I think that's a valid concern. Even more so when you consider how rare prominent queer men are in comics. They could put him with a woman and not have to have a visible queer character and still claim credit for him being LGBT. Not unlike how Marvel loves to brag about Deadpool being pan despite never having a male partner.
    My cousin is Bi and always tells me that " bisexuality is attracted to more than one gender ..men, women and others , and that
    Spreading exclusionist definitions of bisexuality is is biphobic (even if you're bi yourself) ", so I don't see why Jon wouldn't relate to women but obviously obviously i would like to see him with many differents persons and genders ,I think Jon being Bi will be very interesting because it will have a lot of possibilities, and he could have a lot of romances of all kinds and genders , I like that. But I understand your fear
    Last edited by Betinayen; 10-27-2021 at 10:40 AM.

My cousin is Bi and he told me that bisexuality is attracted to more than one gender .. men, women and others, so I don't see why Jon wouldn't relate to women but obviously I want to see him with many differents persons and genders ,I think Jon being Bi will be very interesting because it will have a lot of possibilities, and he could have a lot of romances of all kinds and genders , I like that. But I understand your fear
    I had the thought that if they eventually did want to reintroduce Jenny Sparks, and they wanted to get her and Jon dating for a time (like 5G would've had them) then I think you can kill two birds with one stone by having Jenny be gender fluid/non gender conforming.

She's supposed to be the "spirit of the 21st century", so introducing that idea to her character would better reflect what has become a large aspect of the 21st century's make up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I had the thought that if they eventually did want to reintroduce Jenny Sparks, and they wanted to get her and Jon dating for a time (like 5G would've had them) then I think you can kill two birds with one stone by having Jenny be gender fluid/non gender conforming.

She's supposed to be the "spirit of the 21st century", so introducing that idea to her character would better reflect what has become a large aspect of the 21st century's make up.
    my cousin tells me every day that he is hopes DC try to educate the people about that bisexuality is drawn to more than one gender and that
    Spreading exclusionist definitions of bisexuality is biphobic." And Jenny being a gender fluid would be great , I honestly would like it , I would like to see a lot of her if she were a gender fluid . I sometimes wonder why the dc hasn't called you to work with them lol your ideas and theories are so good
    Last edited by Betinayen; 10-27-2021 at 10:02 AM.

my cousin tells me every day that he hope 'DC to try educate people that bisexuality is attracted to more than one gender and that
    Spreading exclusionist definitions of bisexuality is biphobic' . And Jenny being a gender fluid would be great , I honestly would like it , I would like to see a lot of her if she were a gender fluid .. I sometimes wonder why the dc hasn't called you to work with them lol your ideas and theories are so good
    Right now Jon has the highest platform for the Superman IP in the comics, and DC using that platform to educate and expand the horizons of readers would be a worthwhile endeavor. I mean, when's the last time you can think of that a Superman comic of all things has had this sort of attention? It's why I really hope Taylor comes through and doesn't play it safe with Jay, DC doesn't lock Jon's love life down here, and that they get creative with exploring a Superman who's about social change.

I think especially now that Manchester Black is tacking Jenny's spot on The Authority and he's filling the role of chain smoking cynical *******, she really needs to come into her own as a character and idea.

Lol aw thank you! I do it all for fun, but that's really kind of you to say, and I appreciate it!