Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Still waiting for Hickman to relaunch the Legion of Superheroes.

I can see Waid eventually coming back. he has had a bumpy relationship with the DC brass and has done some great work with Marvel recently but i think his heart will always be with the DCU (especially Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    No votes for Gabby Rivera or Ta Nehisi Coates ?
    Seeing as how DC has already screwed this sort of thing up completely, I'd say "Nope!"

It possible than other than writers, Bendis came with pencillers like Alex Maavev and Sarah Pichelli.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

...Yeah no .

I would love to have Mark Waid back. I'd offer him JSA.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I would love to have Mark Waid back. I'd offer him JSA.
    Oh man, I'd love to have Waid back on DC, I wouldn't mind him on JSA, but I think he'd be great fits on a book like Superman or Shazam! Give him Chris Samnee or Doc Shaner and you've got yourself some classic books in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Yeah no .
    glad to see someone caught my drift XD
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

waid hasn't rebooted the legion in awhile.

*runs*

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC offered Dan Slott a job once upon a time but I'm not sure if that would still be the case now.
    Slott use to do work for DC.
    He wrote books like Looney Tunes and Batman Adventures about 10-20 years ago (according to the GCD) as well as a six-issue series Arkham Asylum: Living Hell back in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    While he's not currently working at Marvel, another former big Marvel name I'd like to see DC snatch up is Matt Fraction.
    I know you and I have different opinions on many things, but . . . please, DC, don't even consider Fraction!

(His Iron Man run became cumbersome and boring, and while he started strong on Hawkeye, that series just fell apart in the end with the constant delays, alternating issues for story lines, and Fraction even ignoring an important plot point for more than a year!)

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Kieron Gillen, because he has expressed some anger at Marvel Comics for cancelling his Darth Vader comic.

BANNED

I look forward to Gabby telling me how oh so much better the America Chavez equivalent is compared to Sgt Rock or the Losers or the JSA because she punched Hitler & nothing more even berating these guys who fought Nazi's that they should make nazi punching a daily thing. That may come off as offensive but they're old, white, men, & probably conservative so who cares.

Coates is a maybe though.
    Last edited by DJ1107; 11-08-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    Oh man, I'd love to have Waid back on DC, I wouldn't mind him on JSA, but I think he'd be great fits on a book like Superman or Shazam! Give him Chris Samnee or Doc Shaner and you've got yourself some classic books in the making.
    And here I was wanting Waid to rebuild OG Wally West for this Rebirth landscape in a Solo Book set in Keystone

Of, if only. (Mind you, creators coming back to their old, acclaimed work doesn't usually go well but still.)*
    At worst PAD is solid as a rock (at least under my expirience), althougth his stuff usually has a slow beggining.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Kieron Gillen, because he has expressed some anger at Marvel Comics for cancelling his Darth Vader comic.
    Wait why did they cancel his Darth Vader comic?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    I look forward to Gabby telling me how oh so much better the America Chavez equivalent is compared to Sgt Rock or the Losers or the JSA because she punched Hitler & nothing more even berating these guys who fought Nazi's that they should make nazi punching a daily thing. That may come off as offensive but they're old, white, men, & probably conservative so who cares.

Coates is a maybe though.
    she'll do that while having 4 digit sales all teh way XD
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    What? From what I know he planned that ending - since he immediately went on to write the Dr Aphra series (which he seems to prefer) plus he's currently on the main SW book.